DAS at HS?

wdhinn89

DIS Veteran
Through the years we have always gotten our GAC at MK. We always present our old pass, explain why we need one and never have a problem. One year we went to Epcot our first day and the person at Guest Relations was nasty and condescending. We still received the pass but the experience made us feel uncomfortable. Since then we make sure we always get the pass at MK. This will be our first year applying for the DAS and our first park day is at HS for SWW. How are the CM's at Guest Relations at HS? Should we just wait for our MK day which is the next day to apply for the pass? Our HS is only a half day because we arrive that day. TIA

From what I understand, the Guest Relations CMs could end up working at any park.
People have posted both positive and negative experiences at every park.

If you have your old DAS, bring it with you. The CMs will still ask you a few questions, mostly whether your needs are still the same. They can read a QR code from the old card that will allow them to access information from your computer file. This includes your picture and it's not usually necessary to take a new picture.

There is no rule that you need to get the DAS on the first day of your trip, so if you don't think you will need it the first day, you can choose to wait.
Remember that you will be able to make your 3 Fastpass Plus before you go so you will have 3 attractions prearranged.

Last edited:
Last year I got DS's DAS (first DAS trip) outside of DHS. Very easy - I was prepared to explain his needs but as soon as I asked for a DAS the CM come out and took his pic. And he was in a wheelchair to boot. Guess she figured out just by looking at him/observing him while she was working on my tickets (I had to get re-prioritized before we entered a park) what his issues are.

As Sue said, people have reported both good and bad experiences at every park. That said, though, our very, very best guest services experience was at DHS. They were attentive and went out of their way to be kind to me and my son AND they saw a need that I hadn't seen, or at least hadn't expected help for. Nothing huge, but it was all those little things that added up to our best experience ever!

We had a fantastic experience with the HS guest relations window outside the park. I think we might have had the same CM a poster above did...a woman in a wheelchair. She went above and beyond for us by getting the ipad and doing our card over by the benches because my son was having a mini obsessive attack over the parking trams (his dream when he grows up is to be a tram driver) and I think she could see that he wasn't going to stand in that line and wait willingly. Intially she told us that the outside park windows aren't great for getting the DAS card because people tend to take a long time at the window with problems like missing tickets. Once I told her we didn't have tickets for the park that day and really needed to get the DAS on a non-park day and that we would wait (and I was prepared to wait in line and just let my son sit a couple feet away at the bench), she went and got the stuff for us without me asking. It was so kind, I later put her name in with her manager. (I have two sisters who were both "friends" with princesses at WDW, so they are constantly reminding me that the very best thing that can happen to a CM is for a guest to go out of their way to acknowledge them as Disney doesn't solicit those kinds of comments like other resorts do.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter