• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS Approval Timing for Multiple Trips

DisRoss

Earning My Ears
So DAS is valid for 60 days once registered. Does that 60 days begin upon registration or upon the first park day that DAS will be used? And if the former (clock starts the day it’s approved) how does it work if you are going back to the parks and the “30 days prior to register” falls within the time the DAS is still active?

Situation: Trip planned beginning late Feb, we register for DAS 30 days prior. Next trip is mid April. 30 days prior to that start will be within the original 60 days of DAS activation. If we need to deregulated for DAS for the second trip 30 days prior, will they approve it during the original 60 day eligibility period, effectively extending the original, or do we have to wait for the first one to expire?

#firstworldproblems

Thanks!

So DAS is valid for 60 days once registered. Does that 60 days begin upon registration or upon the first park day that DAS will be used? And if the former (clock starts the day it’s approved) how does it work if you are going back to the parks and the “30 days prior to register” falls within the time the DAS is still active?

Situation: Trip planned beginning late Feb, we register for DAS 30 days prior. Next trip is mid April. 30 days prior to that start will be within the original 60 days of DAS activation. If we need to deregulated for DAS for the second trip 30 days prior, will they approve it during the original 60 day eligibility period, effectively extending the original, or do we have to wait for the first one to expire?

#firstworldproblems

Thanks!
Does that 60 days begin upon registration or upon the first park day that DAS will be used?
When you register, the CM should tell you when the DAS will expire. If not, you can ask and the CM can tell you.

And if the former (clock starts the day it’s approved) how does it work if you are going back to the parks and the “30 days prior to register” falls within the time the DAS is still active?
If it’s still active and will be active during your entire 2nd trip, you won’t need to re-register. If you want to make DAS Advance Selections for the 2nd trip, you can just go to that step.

If DAS is still active during the first part of trip #2, but will expire before the end of the trip, you would just re-register again at the 30 to 2 day window for the first park day of trip 2.
We did that last year for my daughter. I registered her for a trip in mid February and we had another trip that began during the 60 days, but continued beyond that.
When I called back at the 30 day point before the 2nd trip, I wrote in the text chat that her DAS was still active, but would expire before the end of our trip. The CM said no problem and took care of it.
I believe it was extended for another 60 day period, but don’t remember - we have AP (renewals, not new purchase)

I had my approval set to expire in the middle of an upcoming trip. I went in a few weeks before and re-registered (forgot at the 30 day mark), when they connected me I explained I had a DAS but it would expire on my trip, they did the interview again and I was good to go.

Wish I had tried @SueM in MN ’s method. Sounds easier than doing the entire process over again.

I had my approval set to expire in the middle of an upcoming trip. I went in a few weeks before and re-registered (forgot at the 30 day mark), when they connected me I explained I had a DAS but it would expire on my trip, they did the interview again and I was good to go.

Wish I had tried @SueM in MN ’s method. Sounds easier than doing the entire process over again.
The CM did still do the entire process.
The first question asked was ‘has anything changed? ‘
Then the CM asked ‘what are your concerns with waiting in the regular lines?’

So, the same as going thru the interview process again. I should have been more specific; the CM saying, ‘no problem’ was specifically in regard to the fact that the DAS would still be active at the start of the trip and expire before the end. I didn’t have to wait until it expired to re-register; I could re-register at the 30 day point before the trip.

The CM did still do the entire process.
The first question asked was ‘has anything changed? ‘
Then the CM asked ‘what are your concerns with waiting in the regular lines?’

So, the same as going thru the interview process again. I should have been more specific; the CM saying, ‘no problem’ was specifically in regard to the fact that the DAS would still be active at the start of the trip and expire before the end. I didn’t have to wait until it expired to re-register; I could re-register at the 30 day point before the trip.
Oh, ok. Same process!

I really recommend talking to someone under the blue umbrella when you get to the parks to renew your DAS. It is so easy to say that you want to renew it and 99% of the time, they just go into their tablet and do so immediately. In the last decade, I have only had 1 cast member question me about my issues.

I really recommend talking to someone under the blue umbrella when you get to the parks to renew your DAS. It is so easy to say that you want to renew it and 99% of the time, they just go into their tablet and do so immediately. In the last decade, I have only had 1 cast member question me about my issues.
Have you renewed in the parks since the video DAS registration began in October 2021?
From what I’ve heard, all CMs doing DAS registration after that point were supposed to follow the policy of asking what concerns the guest has with waiting in lines, regardless of past history of DAS.
Before the COVID shutdown, we usually just told CMs in Guest Relations that we needed to renew our DD’s DAS. Sometimes they asked questions and sometimes not.
When we came to WDW in June 2021 and again in October 2021, we renewed in the parks and we’re told the ‘process had changed’ and everyone was to be asked.

We‘ve done the video registration 3 times now and we’re asked our concerns/reason for needing DAS each time, even the time the previous DAS was not actually expired at the start of the visit

Have you renewed in the parks since the video DAS registration began in October 2021?
From what I’ve heard, all CMs doing DAS registration after that point were supposed to follow the policy of asking what concerns the guest has with waiting in lines, regardless of past history of DAS.
Before the COVID shutdown, we usually just told CMs in Guest Relations that we needed to renew our DD’s DAS. Sometimes they asked questions and sometimes not.
When we came to WDW in June 2021 and again in October 2021, we renewed in the parks and we’re told the ‘process had changed’ and everyone was to be asked.

We‘ve done the video registration 3 times now and we’re asked our concerns/reason for needing DAS each time, even the time the previous DAS was not actually expired at the start of the visit
Yes I have, twice actually because of the timing of my visits. It was no different than any other time in the past several years. All I did was go up to the blue umbrella and say that I had to renew my DAS and they scanned my band, asked me who was with me this trip, and set it up. No questions asked. Maybe I just have one of those faces. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter