• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS and special tours

abbyandangel

Mouseketeer
Looking for advice. My DD would like to try the behind the seeds tour again. I am not sure how well she will tolerate it. I would be okay with paying for the tour and hoping for the best that day. We already had to leave the tour early once before we knew about DAS. My concern is that when we apply for DAS this trip the CM will deny because we have the tour scheduled and they will think if she can do the tour she doesn’t need DAS. Anyone have experience with this situation? I don’t want to tell her no when she may be ok to do it (her situation changes from day to day) but I also hate to jeopardize the DAS because she will need it.

Looking for advice. My DD would like to try the behind the seeds tour again. I am not sure how well she will tolerate it. I would be okay with paying for the tour and hoping for the best that day. We already had to leave the tour early once before we knew about DAS. My concern is that when we apply for DAS this trip the CM will deny because we have the tour scheduled and they will think if she can do the tour she doesn’t need DAS. Anyone have experience with this situation? I don’t want to tell her no when she may be ok to do it (her situation changes from day to day) but I also hate to jeopardize the DAS because she will need it.
There's no connection between the DAS and the tours. Needing a DAS to access attractions doesn't indicate the person can't handle a tour or vice versa
My daughter uses a DAS and did the Keys to the Kingdom tour when she first turned 16. She did great on the tour. Her issues with lines are the closed in feeling with lots of people crowded around and the noise level, especially in covered/indoor lines. Neither of those issues were present during the tour. We could hang to the back or side of our tour group and a large portion of the tour is outside.

I can't speak to the Behind the Seeds tour because we've never done that one, but you definitely shouldn't worry about being denied the DAS because you have a tour scheduled.

I had the Behind the Seeds Tour booked for my January trip at the time I had my DAS renewed. I don't know exactly what the DAS CMs see but the tour wasn't brought up and seemingly didn't affect my renewal. I was willing to risk the chance of having to cancel the tour last minute if I was having issues at the time of the tour but thankfully I didn't have any.

It won't matter at all. They don't scrutinize your whole itinerary when deciding if you qualify for DAS. What would the parameters for that even be? Plus as others have said, there are a lot of reasons why someone can not wait in line. I have bathroom issues. When I wanted to go on the tour several years ago, I spoke to them about it where you sign up for the tour. They told me that if I needed to leave to use the restroom that it would be no issues. They deal with that all the time. So even though I have a DAS, I was still able to do the tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter