DAS and Riderswap

Dmwc484

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me how these work together? My son has will have the DAS and ride all rides. I could select everyone when we choose who will ride, but we will have a little one who can't ride everything. Will I need to select the person who will be staying out of leave them off when I do the DAS? I don't want them stuck showing a DAS time later when I try to book something else for everyone, but I want to make sure they can ride too. (Most of the time it may be me and my son would be the second rider with me.) Thanks for your help!

Can someone tell me how these work together? My son has will have the DAS and ride all rides. I could select everyone when we choose who will ride, but we will have a little one who can't ride everything. Will I need to select the person who will be staying out of leave them off when I do the DAS? I don't want them stuck showing a DAS time later when I try to book something else for everyone, but I want to make sure they can ride too. (Most of the time it may be me and my son would be the second rider with me.) Thanks for your help!

I would ask a CM - are you going to try online video registration or try for the DAS at the park?

I would ask a CM - are you going to try online video registration or try for the DAS at the park?
I'm not sure. If reports are the wait times are better I will try the video registration, but if not we will do it in person.

Utilized rider swap with DAS last week. See a CM and they will add the rider swap or you take the child in line and swap at the exit. Just depends on the ride.

Which rides had you take the child in and swap at the exit?
If the ride has a height restriction that the child doesn’t meet, they are not allowed in the line at all.
So, it would only apply at all for taller kids or adults.

If the ride has a height restriction that the child doesn’t meet, they are not allowed in the line at all.
So, it would only apply at all for taller kids or adults.
What if it is a DAS holder who won’t be riding? He can’t wait in the normal line and he can’t get a return time if he’s not riding. What if I want to do rider swap with him. They won’t try to make him wait in the line, will they? I was thinking for the few rides I want to go on that he won’t go on, rider swap would be perfect. Can two people ride from rider swap - say me and another person wait with my son and 3 yr old. Would we be able to then go in the lightning lane? I’ve never used rider swap.

What if it is a DAS holder who won’t be riding? He can’t wait in the normal line and he can’t get a return time if he’s not riding. What if I want to do rider swap with him. They won’t try to make him wait in the line, will they? I was thinking for the few rides I want to go on that he won’t go on, rider swap would be perfect. Can two people ride from rider swap - say me and another person wait with my son and 3 yr old. Would we be able to then go in the lightning lane? I’ve never used rider swap.
The DAS-holder must ride to use a DAS return time. If the DAS-holder doesn't plan to ride, you should still be able to do Rider Swap for the 2 adults, and the DAS-holder will wait with the 2nd adult and small child. But you can't use a DAS Return Time; if you want to use the LL you will need to purchase Genie+ or an I$LL for any attraction the DAS-holder won't ride. Or adult 1 waits in the standby.

If the DAS-holder is riding, get a DAS Return Time for all members who will ride. No need to get a Return Time for the non-riding little one, but if you do just ask the CM to clear it for him when you return to the attraction to obtain Rider Swap.

Right, the DAS is for the benefit of the holder only - if the DAS holder won't ride, the DAS is not usable for that ride. Familes would seek to use regular line waiting (or purchased options) with Rider Swap for those rides.

Right, the DAS is for the benefit of the holder only - if the DAS holder won't ride, the DAS is not usable for that ride. Familes would seek to use regular line waiting (or purchased options) with Rider Swap for those rides.
I understand that but above they said they might make the non-rider wait in line if they meet the height requirements. Since he can’t wait in line (and can’t use a return time) I just want to make sure they won’t try to make him wait in line. If they do I’d have to just skip the ride.

I understand that but above they said they might make the non-rider wait in line if they meet the height requirements. Since he can’t wait in line (and can’t use a return time) I just want to make sure they won’t try to make him wait in line. If they do I’d have to just skip the ride.
If the DAS-holder is tall-enough for the ride but won't be riding, they might not issue a digital Rider Swap and no you cannot use the DAS without him. If you don't want to purchase Genie+ or I$LL for the adult riders, and don't want to wait through standby twice, you may need to take turns who sits out with the kid(s).

If the DAS-holder is tall-enough for the ride but won't be riding, they might not issue a digital Rider Swap and no you cannot use the DAS without him. If you don't want to purchase Genie+ or I$LL for the adult riders, and don't want to wait through standby twice, you may need to take turns who sits out with the kid(s).
Oh that’s too bad. It had sounded like they did rider swap for anyone who couldn’t ride for some reason.

Last edited:
no.
they won’t make them wait in line. It’s an option that was available for people who were big enough to ride, but could not ride.
Also, not all attractions offer Rider Switch. If it’s not on this list, the CM won’t issue a Rider Swap for it.
WDW Rider Switch

Oh that’s too bad. It had sounded like they did rider swap for anyone who couldn’t ride for some reason.
We have done it in the past for DD who is tall enough, but can’t ride some things the rest of the family would go on. It’s usually used for too small children, but if your non-riding member can‘t wait alone while the rest of you ride, you can explain your situation and see if it will be OK’d

It’s often a different process for those tall enough but unwilling to ride. They may only allow a swap at boarding in that case. You may certainly ask and explain the situation, but it seems to be hit or miss. There are plenty of us who have been denied a swap in that situation though some report receiving one.

Sorry I misunderstood your earlier question because I thought you wanted to use a DAS return time while the DAS-holder didn’t ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter