DAS and DLR updates?

AnneE

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! Brand new here. I've spent the last few days reading and reading and reading through these posts as I prepare to take my family to DLR in a few months, including my 8 year old son who has autism and a severe anxiety disorder. SO much helpful info here! Thank you!

We have been to WDW under the new system (and we were able to make it work for us beautifully--no complaints), but we have not done DLR with the DAS and I'm just going to ask a few clarifying questions. Thanks in advance for your help!

1. We will have 8 people in our group. I've never gone with so many people (we're bringing my brother and his wife for the first time), and I remember that under the old GAC the limit was 6. Will all 8 of us be able to stay together with the DAS?

2. Are DL's tickets like Magic Bands, or are they cards? Now that the DAS is attached to the ticket, I'm just trying to figure this out, because it's the difference between sending a runner ahead to get a return time or requiring all of us to be there.

3. Are they still using the kiosks now that the DAS is tied to the tickets, or do you just go to the attraction to get a return time?

4. Are the fastpasses at DLR still paper, or have they moved to the FP+ style like at WDW? Is there a limit to how many you can get in a day (like WDW limits you to 3)?

5. Any other info from recent visits would be great. Any tips or ideas on what works and what doesn't would be most appreciated!

Last edited:
:welcome: to the DISboards!

1. DL/DCA has a basic limit of 4 people on the DAS (DAS-holder + 3 guests), any more than that requires supervisor approval. Have your entire party with you at Guest Relations when you request a large party.

2. DL/DCA does not use Magic Bands yet, tickets are still on cards. Also fairly new at DL/DCA is that the DAS will be directly ON the ticket, and return times for the whole party are also ON the tickets. You may send a runner, but that person will need ALL tickets to get a return time valid for the group. Similar to getting FP, all tickets must be presented.

3. Kiosks are still in use at DL/DCA.

4. DL/DCA still uses the "old" paper FP system. I believe the limit is just like the old WDW system -- you can pull the next FP 2 hours later or after the first is used, whichever occurs earlier.

Enjoy your visit!

Hi! I'm an almost 20 year old with autism and here are your answers:

There is a limit of 6 ppl on the DAS (your DS and 5 other ppl). Your whole party will need to be at Guest Relations when getting your son's DAS

Like the PP said, yes, the return times are also on your tickets so whoever wants to get the time will need to have ALL the tickets

Yes, Kiosks are still in use and they still have the paper fastpasses

Is it worthwhile to bring prior DAS from WDW to DL/GCA when requesting one there? Appears as though the systems don't currently 'speak' to each other, but hoping it might be helpful.

It won't hurt to bring one, but be prepared to explain your needs again. You are correct that the computer systems are separate.

Enjoy your vacation!

Should I expect to be turned down, then, if I ask to put all 8 of us on the DAS (with all eight of us present at guest services, of course)? I'm not complaining--just wondering. :) I just want to be as prepared as possible.

We went to DL & DCA last month and we liked some things about their DAS and didn't like some others.

Cons
Yes, it is tied to the tickets so it is a pain that you must present all the tickets each and every time you get a return time and every time you return to an attraction.
The little keeper they give you for the tickets gets tattered very quickly. Just like WDW the person on the DAS need not be present to get a return time.
Checking in at the ride is also a bit slower then WDW. Instead of how many and waving your through, they have to scan every ticket.

Pros
The kiosk are awesome! and come in handy so you don't have to criss-cross the park to get a return time.
One thing we didn't figure out right away was they can give you a return time at the ride, but only for that particular attraction.
More DAS attractions then WDW. WDW states that the ride must have a FP return to be accepted while at DL & DCA you can get one for almost any attraction regardless of FP or not. For attractions without a FP, you just go up to the exit and they scan you in there. I was really surprised to see Toy Story Mania didn't have FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter