• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS Advanced Selections - your experiences

If you can’t get Slinky Dog Dash as a DAS Advance Selection, you will be able to make a DAS Return Time for it in the park on your day of visit.

If you are really not sure about him riding it, you might be better off getting a DAS Return Time for it.
DAS Advance Selections have a 1 hour window of time to use after the start time for entering the attraction. You may not be given many (or even any) choices of the start time. Although some people have reported using it after the 1 hour window had expired, there is no guarantee you would be able to. Officially, they expire and disappear if not used by the end of the window.

DAS Return Times are based on the current Standby wait time. They remain valid until used, cancelled/modified or until the attraction or park closes for the day. So, you can return to the attraction any time after the return time - if he needs time to work himself up to getting into the line, you would have a lot more flexibility.

If you are going to MK before you go to Hollywood Studio, Goofy’s Barnstormer is a good ‘starter’ roller coaster for people who haven’t been on one. It’s still thrilling, but it‘s only about 1 minute long ride. SDD is 3 minutes.
Other differences: Barnstormer is somewhat bumpy, while SDD is a smoother ride.
SDD has loud noises and lights, which Barnstormer doesn’t have.

Good luck and hope he likes it.
We are going to MK on our arrival day. That’s a good idea to start on Barnstormer if it’s so short!

In regards to the advance planning return times, how strict are they in regards to who is riding the ride. My dad just registered with DAS and they made their preplanned selections. Unfortunately with our party of 8 we were only allowed 1+5. However, the 5 guests appear to be randomly selected from our party. Will they just see him swipe and have any five people walk in with him, or are they strict that the exact five people listed in the app go with him. I don't see anyway to edit the specific guests for each ride.

I would just have people switch magic bands or cards to tap in to ride. They don't do an identity check. But the people who are listed to ride need to have tapped into the park for that to work

In regards to the advance planning return times, how strict are they in regards to who is riding the ride. My dad just registered with DAS and they made their preplanned selections. Unfortunately with our party of 8 we were only allowed 1+5. However, the 5 guests appear to be randomly selected from our party. Will they just see him swipe and have any five people walk in with him, or are they strict that the exact five people listed in the app go with him. I don't see anyway to edit the specific guests for each ride.
As long as the DAS person rides you can change bands with the other if they are not on the ride list. As you do have to tuch your mb to the Mickey

As long as the DAS person rides you can change bands with the other if they are not on the ride list. As you do have to tuch your mb to the Mickey

I ended up having to redo the process as one of the random people that was selected was another das user. So sorted everything out so each DAS user has the correct people. Luckily, I was just able to open up the chat window from Saturday, and manually typed start. It must have flagged me as having been in queue for 24 hours because someone responded after five minutes (compared to 9 hours the day before)

We have our DAS pre-visit 30 day window opening up next week.

We used the process in November, and had a hellish experience with an 8 hour wait.

Are telephone waits still running that long? Any tips or suggestions to minimize that wait time these days (other than waiting until we get there)? Thanks in advance!

We have our DAS pre-visit 30 day window opening up next week.

We used the process in November, and had a hellish experience with an 8 hour wait.

Are telephone waits still running that long? Any tips or suggestions to minimize that wait time these days (other than waiting until we get there)? Thanks in advance!

We did it today. I think it was around 6:30 AM CST when we started and we were done around 7:10/7:15 AM CST and that included selecting the rides per park which took longer than getting the DAS itself.

No experience with WDW, but we did it today for Disneyland. I started the chat right when it opened (9 am PST) and was on a video chat within 30 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised! The cast member was very helpful and kind. The video chat went down one time during the call, but it came right back up.

Our experience with DAS was tremendous! Although it took quite a time on line (almost 8 hours during which I did lots of work with my computer next to me at all times), Turned out during our 12 day trip Dec 17th thru the 31st, the time was well worth the investment. With DAS and Genie+ which we only bought once and one purchased ILL ,and I learned how we didn't really need to do that, we never waited more than 5 minutes for any ride or show. We also had several of out advance planning times changed to anytime, any Genie + ride. just swiped our Magic Bands.

Hi,
So I have my das advanced selections made and am looking for first hand experience.
1) if a ride that you made pre scheduled das for is down during the hour you made the reservation for - does it convert to an anytime pass like FP did? Can you get a different attraction if you visit guest services? Any other options?
2) I know it says das advanced selections need to be made 2 days before the trip starts. Anyone have a split stay, found the advanced selections weren’t working for you this trip, and was able to get a ride or time changed after checking in for first reservation, but you haven’t started the second reservation yet? (And it’s more than 2 days out still).
3) For regular Das, you have been able to scan in 5 minutes early… anyone tried scanning in a few minutes before their one hour DAS Advanced window started?

thanks!
1 - I haven’t had a ride go down that I had an advanced selection for. I have found that I rarely get to use the advance selections because I don’t last in the park long enough and they are always late.

2 - We had a split stay, but I booked the advanced selections with the attendant when I did the video call. I couldn’t find any options to change any of them with the app. So I can’t help you with that.

3- We have scanned in a couple of minutes early on a couple of the rides. The DAS scheduled on the day of the visit doesn’t expire. If you have a return time of 3, then you can return anytime after that.

Clarification to avoid confusion: this applies to DAS Advance Selections that are made in connection with DAS registration with video chat.
There is not limited availability for DAS Return Times obtained in the parks.
I found this to not be true. In november I was trying to get DAS times for thanksgiving week. Some of the return times were after 3-4pm even though I mentioned we would be returning to our rooms before that. The CM for the DAS on chat said that was all that was available. I specifically in the chat said something around the 10-11 time frame for everything I was scheduling all week when they would ask me what rides.

I found this to not be true. In november I was trying to get DAS times for thanksgiving week. Some of the return times were after 3-4pm even though I mentioned we would be returning to our rooms before that. The CM for the DAS on chat said that was all that was available. I specifically in the chat said something around the 10-11 time frame for everything I was scheduling all week when they would ask me what rides.
I think you were confused about my answer, so I will clarify.
DAS Advance Selections are made in connection with the DAS video registration. They definitely have limited availability, in terms of both attractions and times - which is what you experienced.

DAS Return Times are the ones made in the park; those are based on the currently posted wait time in the Standby line. They are not limited as far as attractions or time, as long as guests are being allowed to enter the Standby line.
Lines may close temporarily during a ride shutdown and close for the day at the end of park/that attraction hours

Hi,
So I have my das advanced selections made and am looking for first hand experience.
1) if a ride that you made pre scheduled das for is down during the hour you made the reservation for - does it convert to an anytime pass like FP did? Can you get a different attraction if you visit guest services? Any other options?
2) I know it says das advanced selections need to be made 2 days before the trip starts. Anyone have a split stay, found the advanced selections weren’t working for you this trip, and was able to get a ride or time changed after checking in for first reservation, but you haven’t started the second reservation yet? (And it’s more than 2 days out still).
3) For regular Das, you have been able to scan in 5 minutes early… anyone tried scanning in a few minutes before their one hour DAS Advanced window started?

thanks!
Hello all, I read a lot of posts but don’t post often. Gotta say tho, did the DAS Reg and Adv Selections this morning and went pretty well. Signed on right at 0700 (with the atomic clock guiding me) and was chatting within two minutes. CM was great and had a fun exchange with my daughter (who’s pretty involved) before pic. Xfered back to chat and commenced selections. Wasn’t prepared tho for the bombardment of # of rides and times for our 10 day visit (we’re 30 days out). My stress meter was on high. Worked through it. Most selections were between 1000 and 2 PM. Made a couple of adjustments at end and CM was patient. Got disconnected twice on chat with an error message. Simply went to my open tab for starting a chat session for registering and re-initiated. Brought chat box back up. The entire process took 65 minutes. Based on posts I’ve been reading, I’m gonna call this a victory!

Hello all, I read a lot of posts but don’t post often. Gotta say tho, did the DAS Reg and Adv Selections this morning and went pretty well. Signed on right at 0700 (with the atomic clock guiding me) and was chatting within two minutes. CM was great and had a fun exchange with my daughter (who’s pretty involved) before pic. Xfered back to chat and commenced selections. Wasn’t prepared tho for the bombardment of # of rides and times for our 10 day visit (we’re 30 days out). My stress meter was on high. Worked through it. Most selections were between 1000 and 2 PM. Made a couple of adjustments at end and CM was patient. Got disconnected twice on chat with an error message. Simply went to my open tab for starting a chat session for registering and re-initiated. Brought chat box back up. The entire process took 65 minutes. Based on posts I’ve been reading, I’m gonna call this a victory!
Sounds like my chat last week. I did my call in the afternoon not expecting any luck, but was chatting w a CM within 10 minutes and was only disconnected once. Like you, re-logged in and the chat was right where I left it. We have a 13 day stay with splits between 5 different Disney resorts and was able to make the selections for the entire visit all in one swoop.

When did you do the chat? 30 days before check-in, 30 days before 1st park day or 30 days before last park day. I realize the official policy is 30 before last park day, but I'm wondering what people are actually experiencing.

When did you do the chat? 30 days before check-in, 30 days before 1st park day or 30 days before last park day. I realize the official policy is 30 before last park day, but I'm wondering what people are actually experiencing.
The answer is different for registering for DAS than for requesting DAS Advance Selections.
DAS registration is 30 days before your first park day (check in day is not a factor at all)
Requesting DAS Advance Selections officially is that all days must be within the window of 30 - 2 days before first park day. Some posters have reported they were able to do days that were more than 30 days out, but it was random and there have been multiple recent reports of people being told CMs are not allowed to do more than 30 days out.

I believe I was able to schedule all 3 days of my trip 30 days before the first park day.
Edit: After reading SueM's post above, apparently this was the exception rather than the rule.

I did my chat at 30 days for my first park day. They booked my entire visit at that time without me even asking if I could. I suppose it could be different based on the cast member you speak with.

I did my chat at 30 days for my first park day. They booked my entire visit at that time without me even asking if I could. I suppose it could be different based on the cast member you speak with.
When did you do it?
People recently have been posting the CM told them it was not allowed.
My guess (with no specific info) is that some of the CMs doing scheduling came from a department that did 30 days + from check in (like maybe dining). I suspect CMs were recently told to stick to what the website says.

When did you do it?
People recently have been posting the CM told them it was not allowed.
My guess (with no specific info) is that some of the CMs doing scheduling came from a department that did 30 days + from check in (like maybe dining). I suspect CMs were recently told to stick to what the website says.
April 22 was my 30 day mark, so a little less than a week ago. I wasn’t sure what would happen so figured I’d try and if they couldn’t do it then I’d go back into the chat on the appropriate day to finish up. Luckily I didn’t need to do that.

April 22 was my 30 day mark, so a little less than a week ago. I wasn’t sure what would happen so figured I’d try and if they couldn’t do it then I’d go back into the chat on the appropriate day to finish up. Luckily I didn’t need to do that.
Thanks for the dates.
It‘s very inconsistent, so my best guess is that CMs who are doing it don’t realize they are not supposed to

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter