• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS advance selection and park hop

Greg36

Mouseketeer
Hello
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can book advance selections for after 2:00 in a park that you do not have a reservation for if you have a ticket that allows you to hop. Thank you

Hello
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can book advance selections for after 2:00 in a park that you do not have a reservation for if you have a ticket that allows you to hop. Thank you
And once there you can not book until after you have scanned in to the second park. At that point the system updates your offerings for that park.

Last edited:
And once there you can not book until after you have scanned in to the second park. At that point the system updates your offerings for that park.
Many people report that If you go to a blue umbrella kiosk on your way out, the CMs there can book a return time for the park you are hopping to… you just cannot do it yourself in the app.
Of course, like all things DAS, ymmv.

Last edited:
If you go to a blue umbrella kiosk on your way out, the CMs there can book a return time for the park you are hopping to… you just cannot do it yourself in the app.
And yet they refused (several times) to book a DAS for members of our party hopping from another park because "they have not scanned in to the park". :confused3

If you go to a blue umbrella kiosk on your way out, the CMs there can book a return time for the park you are hopping to… you just cannot do it yourself in the app.
That's an extravagant perk - and one I wouldn't expect to get. How could a person be in a queue at a different park? DAS holds your place in the queue for an attraction. I can see it causing a lot of people to try to get DAS, as who wouldn't want the clock to start ticking down before you even leave the first park?

That's an extravagant perk - and one I wouldn't expect to get. How could a person be in a queue at a different park? DAS holds your place in the queue for an attraction. I can see it causing a lot of people to try to get DAS, as who wouldn't want the clock to start ticking down before you even leave the first park?
This argument could be (and has been) used in other examples of DAS in general being an unfair perk. Think about it:
  • Who wouldn’t want to have the clock ticking down while you are eating lunch (even lunch outside the park you prev. scanned into)
  • How about being unfair that a DAS user can be in line at one ride (via getting a return time) and then ride another short-wait ride during that interim— return time for PP 80 mins away, so hop on the carousel and something else with a short line during that time.
  • What a perk to have a wait time passing while I do my shopping in the air-conditioned stores.
So being able to secure a spot in a queue in my next park while I’m on my way there, isn’t really any different than being able to choose my next DAS return time right after I’ve scanned into the current ride with my DAS.
Its not like it’s an “advertised benefit”… so it‘s likely only a very tiny fraction of users who even think of doing this.

And yet they refused (several times) to book a DAS for members of our party hopping from another park because "they have not scanned in to the park". :confused3

Idk why anyone was told no… and who knows, things could’ve changed… but it was reported by multiple people that they were able to do this at WDW. Seems like a read a TR just recently that said they did it. I thought it was a pretty recent TR, but I don’t remember when exactly that poster’s trip was. I, myself, only have experience at DL/DCA…. and they’ll do it there for the other park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter