dark jeans and polo shirt for formal night?

Tucker24

Mouseketeer
After reading posts it seems the dress code is whatever you make of it. Would husband feel "out of place" if dressed in dark jeans and a nice polo shirt? my daughter and I are planning on nice and simple black dress while son might be in polo or button shirt. Husband didn't feel like bringing kahki's for just one night if he could get away with jeans.
Not sure if it's a formal night or semi-formal but going on 7 night cruise from NYC on Magic

I'm sure he would be fine. However, he's allowed to wear khakis at other times, not just on formal night.

After reading posts it seems the dress code is whatever you make of it. Would husband feel "out of place" if dressed in dark jeans and a nice polo shirt? my daughter and I are planning on nice and simple black dress while son might be in polo or button shirt. Husband didn't feel like bringing kahki's for just one night if he could get away with jeans.
Not sure if it's a formal night or semi-formal but going on 7 night cruise from NYC on Magic

My husband usually wears a dark pair of Dockers and a shirt and tie. We never pack "formal" wear anymore. I now wear a pair of dress pants and a nice blouse with shawl or sweater.

Agree with everyone, he's fine with jeans and polo

Only he will know he he'll feel. Personally I would feel like "that guy", even though have seem just about everything on formal night.(have even seen a formal Santa attire(yes one of those couples that thinks they are Mr and Mrs Claus were on one of our cruises)))

My attire has almost always been khakis and either a polo shirt or button down dress shirt every night and I have been fine. I even gave up on a tie a few years back since I didn't know how to tie one. For shoes I have either done a pair of closed toed keen like sandles or gasp black or tan crocs. I don't have my pants hemmed so the shoes are covered pretty well even when sitting.

I am guessing with nice jeans and a polo that your husband will fall into the more dressed up category on that night and won't feel out of place.

As everyone has said, he will be fine if that is what wants to wear. However, in our experience on seven night cruises most people do dress up to some extent for formal night. Most but not all men wear jackets.

He can certainly wear what he feel comfortable in but on our recent NYC DCL 7 night many were dressed up on formal night. You will see a variety of levels of dress on formal night.

MJ

I don't feel out of place in a tshirt, shorts and flip flops on formal night.

Same here. I had a guy dressed in a suit come up to me on our last cruise and ask how I got my wife to agree to let me wear what I was wearing.

I typically wear dark jeans and a polo short on "formal" night (and semi-formal night and sometimes the other nights too). I've never felt out of place - there will be men in tuxedos and men in shorts and tees.

Being Aussies, a Disney Cruise normally forms part of a much longer holiday in various temperature zones and I don't have room in my luggage to pack dress shoes, pants and collared shirt which I will only need to wear once. It makes more sense to pack clothes which I can wear multiple times during the holiday.

This is my formal night. I wore black lee jean dress pants and Hawaiian shirt and dr martins, wife wore a dress. Here is our pic formal night with goofy. It is wear what you want and how you feel. That same outfit in goofy pic is what I wore to palo brunchFF002AF5-3D2B-458A-98FC-D1662A134349.jpeg
Here is semi formal night outfits 8EA7ACC2-BB0B-4309-B992-528199AEAB65.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter