Dark haunted mansion

marmar

DIS Veteran
we rode haunted mansion this morning. The light level was very low. You couldn’t see to go into stretch room. On the ride you couldn’t see the Escher stairs, or the musical instruments with madam liota. The grave yard scene was so dark, all you could really see were the singing heads. If I had been a first timer I would have been totally disappointed.

we rode haunted mansion this morning. The light level was very low. You couldn’t see to go into stretch room. On the ride you couldn’t see the Escher stairs, or the musical instruments with madam liota. The grave yard scene was so dark, all you could really see were the singing heads. If I had been a first timer I would have been totally disappointed.

Did you mention this to the CMs? Perhaps it was something they were unaware of .

We rode it a few days ago, the light was lower than usual, but the things listed above were still slightly visible.

OP, if you rode it in the morning and it was sunny out it has alot to do with your eyes adjusting between the bright outdoors and dark indoors.

Not sure of the weather conditions this AM, but over the years I have learned, if it's a bright sunny day, not to take my sunglasses off at all anytime before the ride, in the queue, and until inside and the door is totally shut. If I don't my eyes take forever to adjust and I find myself thinking parts are too dark to see well.

Seems worse every year as I get older.

That a
That always happens when I ride it when it's sunny out

I WAS a first-timer when I rode HM this past Tuesday night and yes, it was very dark. I was surprised - parts of the ride, like the candelabra floating in the hallway, you could barely see, and there were a few parts where you couldn't see anything at all. And this was at night, so it wasn't an eye-adjustment problem. I didn't say anything to the CM because I thought it was just me!

Just rode Spaceship Earth like 3 hours ago. I couldn’t see the first scene at all ( the cavemen killing the mastodon). I only heard the roaring. The Rome scene lacked the horse and chariot going down the road, but that effect has been broken for years. The other scenes all seemed so dark, especially the monks scene and the newspaper printing scene set in 1865. I know the attraction is due for s major overhaul, but its current condition is so disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter