Danny Gans will be missed

vegasnative

DIS Veteran
If you never got the opportunity to see his show in Las Vegas, you have missed out on something truly spectacular. Unfortunately Danny Gans passed away today. This is a terrible and sad loss for Las Vegas. He was known as "the man of many voices". We were lucky enough to see his show about 4-5 times while living in Vegas, and I always recommended his show and would have still gone to see him again and again. He was AMAZING!

I was watching the news this morning, getting my kids ready for school when the breaking news came on announcing that Danny Gans had died in his sleep. I could not contain my shock. I gasped so loud I think I scared the kids!

But it was just so shocking, and so sad. I saw his show with my husband many years ago, and we loved it. Just a few months ago my husband took our son to see it, and I was thinking of taking our daughter. He was really great for all audiences, and you'd see young and old alike laughing at his performances. It's no wonder he was voted performer of the year for 11 years in a row!
And a lot of people don't realize how much he gave to charity. I hear he raised over 2 million over the course of 13 years. And that he was a religious man as well.

They said there will be an autopsy to find out why someone so seemingly healthy and still so young could pass away so suddenly. I feel for his family. He left behind his wife of 28 years, and three children. :sad2: Just makes you realize you never know what life will bring you and to not take any moment for granted.

He will indeed be missed. :(

I too was extremely shocked when I heard the news. I was fortunate enough to see his show twice, including his last show at the Mirage. I am saddened that my girls will never see him perform. He will be truly missed in Vegas. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Thank you for posting here. There wasn't anything on the CB (the 'normal' forum for this topic) about Danny Gans - but then, I guess not nearly as many people knew of him as knew Bea Arthur.

I was shocked, too. Apparently he was having breathing problems, at least according to one newspaper's report of a 911 call?

Anyway, after many years of not having time, or the show being dark, or me just being too danged cheap - I was fortunate enough to see Danny Gans in 2007. And, does anyone remember him from "Roseanne's" Las Vegas episode?

Yes, he'll be missed. 52 - scary.

Thank you for posting here. There wasn't anything on the CB (the 'normal' forum for this topic) about Danny Gans - but then, I guess not nearly as many people knew of him as knew Bea Arthur.

I was shocked, too. Apparently he was having breathing problems, at least according to one newspaper's report of a 911 call?

Anyway, after many years of not having time, or the show being dark, or me just being too danged cheap - I was fortunate enough to see Danny Gans in 2007. And, does anyone remember him from "Roseanne's" Las Vegas episode?

Yes, he'll be missed. 52 - scary.
There was a post about it on the community board but it got sent to the 2nd page too fast. That board moves very fast if no new post to a thread. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA Here it is.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2164448&highlight=danny+gans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter