Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2023

I tried also. Voting was closed yet they had just cut to break. Oh well.

Oh yeah, I noticed in the past that Disney streaming was slightly lagging behind the broadcast stations. A couple of other streaming services did that too when they streamed live at the same time for other stuff I was watching.

Last edited:
So the internet has decided that Matt was going to be sent home regardless. Either a decision made between him and the producers or something similar.

A friend who's a SAG actor was sent a letter from SAG this morning stating:

"At this time, we have no confirmed dates scheduled to meet with the AMPTP [studios]. When we do have dates confirmed, we will inform you. Unless you hear it from us, it’s hearsay.

Your TV/Theatrical/Streaming Negotiating Committee"

So, it was all a rumor, probably put out by the studios, when they were meeting with the writers union that they were also meeting with SAG. :(

I saw a clip earlier where some news reporter actually said that everyone needs to see what the writers union actually got in the negotiations. The studios can't give something to the writers that the actors aren't going to get. :duck: If anything, the actors should be getting more.

So the internet has decided that Matt was going to be sent home regardless. Either a decision made between him and the producers or something similar.

Probably the way the whole writers strike thing went down at DWTS and them deciding not to honor the writers union and the other actors not honoring the writers union and take a pause just soured their relationships. Matt is a WGA writer too, as well as a SAG actor. The ONLY reason Matt performed last night was because an agreement was reached for the writers in time. So, he had already had a foot out the door.

If the writers strike was still ongoing, probably the show would have just pretended he was never a contestant, instead of doing one show and having him "eliminated" immediately. And probably no one got to vote for Matt, regardless of which platform one watched on. The show probably ended voting way early so that they could later purposely show he just didn't have enough votes even if he had wanted to stay. :rolleyes1

I just went down a shallow Rabbit Hole about the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strike and how it effects the show. Apparently, the stars were given permission to dance on the show. It also appears that Alfonso Ribeiro is not scabbing to host the show.

Matt Walsh, however, walked out of the show on 9/21 because he's a member of the WGA and they did not give him permission to be on the show. He returned YESTERDAY once the strike was over, but I assume he missed practice all that time.

Probably the way the whole writers strike thing went down at DWTS and them deciding not to honor the writers union and the other actors not honoring the writers union and take a pause just soured their relationships. Matt is a WGA writer too, as well as a SAG actor. The ONLY reason Matt performed last night was because an agreement was reached for the writers in time. So, he had already had a foot out the door.

If the writers strike was still ongoing, probably the show would have just pretended he was never a contestant, instead of doing one show and having him "eliminated" immediately. And probably no one got to vote for Matt, regardless of which platform one watched on. The show probably ended voting way early so that they could later purposely show he just didn't have enough votes even if he had wanted to stay. :rolleyes1
I was in my rabbit hole while you were posting. Yes, that's probably why they had him on so late, to ensure that the audience couldn't save him after he walked. I was actually pretty caught up with the show and I do think they closed voting early.

I tried to vote for Matt too. I watched it on the network and voted before Ariana danced. I received the following message.

DWTS: Sorry we don't recognize your response. Check the spelling or name and try again. Text STOP to stop or text HELP for help. Msg&Data rates may apply.

What these actors and writers are legitimately worried about is that shows like this is the future will be created and produced by AI. No actual writers or actors will be needed to crank them out.

What these actors and writers are legitimately worried about is that shows like this is the future will be created and produced by AI. No actual writers or actors will be needed to crank them out.

Some of my favorites ...

Attachments

• 1380628012000-Bill-Nye-robot.jpg
    1380628012000-Bill-Nye-robot.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1
  • dwts-lindsey-stirling-5.jpg
    dwts-lindsey-stirling-5.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2
  • d0bdbfa0-a320-11ec-bebc-9a4bcff96bc6.jpg
    d0bdbfa0-a320-11ec-bebc-9a4bcff96bc6.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2
I think he just didn't have enough fans who watch DWTS to vote for him. Plus his partner is a newbie, so she didn't have her own fans voting for her.

Mauricio has all the Real Housewives fans.

The NFL abuser has the NFL fans. So, he will probably stick around. :(

The two social media stars have all their fans.
Also, with Rylee being Lindsay Arnold's sister, her fans will vote for Rylee and her partner, on top of his millions of fans/followers.

The WGA union writers are officially back to work on talk shows.

The night time talk shows are airing new shows again starting tonight.

I assume the DWTS writer is going to be back at work.

As for the SAG actors strike, SAG sent out an official notice that they are back in negotiations with the studios as of today. Now, it's just a waiting game to see if this round of talks makes any progress. :hourglass

• TV and film star Alyson Hannigan and pro Sasha Farber will perform a Tango to “Can’t Remember to Forget You” by Shakira featuring Rihanna.
  • Oscar®-winning actress Mira Sorvino and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a Salsa to “Bailando” by Enrique Iglesias.
  • Marvel star Xochitl Gomez and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Salsa to “Don’t Go Yet” by Camila Cabello.
  • Ariana Madix (“Vanderpump Rules”) and pro Pasha Pashkov will perform a Samba to “Me Porto Bonito” by Bad Bunny & Chencho Corleone.
  • Singer and social media star Lele Pons and pro Brandon Armstrong will perform a Samba to “Gasolina” by Daddy Yankee.
  • Former Bachelorette Charity Lawson and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a Cha Cha to “She Bangs” by Ricky Martin.
  • GRAMMY®-winning singer Jason Mraz and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Rumba to “Quizás, Quizás, Quizás” by Andrea Bocelli featuring Jennifer Lopez.
  • Supermodel Tyson Beckford and pro Jenna Johnson will perform a Salsa to “Aguanile” by Willie Colón & Héctor Levoe.
  • NFL All-Star Adrian Peterson and pro Britt Stewart will perform a Samba to “Taki Taki” by DJ Snake featuring Selena Gomez, Ozuna and Cardi B.
  • Social media and reality TV star Harry Jowsey and pro Rylee Arnold will perform a Salsa to “Arranca” by Becky G featuring Omega.
  • “The Brady Bunch” actor Barry Williams and pro Peta Murgatroyd will perform a Cha Cha to “Oye Como Va” by Tito Puente.
  • Real estate mogul and TV star Mauricio Umansky and pro Emma Slater will perform a Salsa to “Quimbara” by Celia Cruz, Willie Colón, Johnny Pacheco Y Su Charanga.
  • Actress Jamie Lynn Spears and pro Alan Bersten will perform a Cha Cha to “Shake Senora” by Pitbull featuring T-Pain & Sean Paul.
The night will feature a fiery opening number to “DESPECHÁ” by ROSALÍA, choreographed by pros Daniella Karagach and Pasha Pashkov

The current round of SAG strike negotiations ended yesterday with no deal. They are resuming tomorrow. :hyper2: (I suppose each side has to discuss what was offered among themselves to see what they are willing to give and settle for? :confused3 )

So, DWTS stars tonight will continue to talk around all their movie & TV credits tonight. 🤐

Running Order for Latin Night
: 1. Lele & Brandon
2. Tyson & Jenna
3. Barry & Peta
4. Adrian & Britt
5. Mira & Gleb
6. Xochitl & Val
7. Ariana & Pasha
8. Mauricio & Emma
9. Alyson & Sasha
10. Charity & Ezra
11. Harry & Rylee
12. Jamie Lynn & Alan
13. Jason & Daniella

Running Order for Latin Night
: 1. Lele & Brandon
2. Tyson & Jenna
3. Barry & Peta
4. Adrian & Britt
5. Mira & Gleb
6. Xochitl & Val
7. Ariana & Pasha
8. Mauricio & Emma
9. Alyson & Sasha
10. Charity & Ezra
11. Harry & Rylee
12. Jamie Lynn & Alan
13. Jason & Daniella

Hmm, they put the ones with the biggest followings at the end, and Lele at the beginning.

I wonder if Alfonso and Julianne will have a chance to do their own dances this season?

Yall this is off topic but seeing Halloweentown movies and Twitches on Freeform for 31 nights, i feel old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter