Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2022

There were some highlight to look out for.

Selma danced again. She got some rest and strength. She danced beautifully.

Mark choreographed a wonderful freestyle. Lots of energy, lots of different types of dancing.

Gabby's freestyle was spectacular. She shown as a leading star.

Shangela's freestyle at the end stole the whole show. DEFINITELY WATCH HER DANCE! ::yes::

I just watched the end because I didn’t want to hear about the winner before seeing it.

I have to go pick up my grandson soon. I’m sure he’ll enjoy watching the rest of the show with me. 😂😂
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 🦃

While I’m sad she didn’t make it farther, I’m happy Shangela made it as far as she did. Wayne should’ve been first or runner up.

Happy that Shangela and Gabby and Daniel are touring.

And with that while I hope Bruno becomes head judge, goodbye for real this time DWTS. Still not as anger inducing as Bobby bones but yeah I’m done

They didn’t play it up too much, but I think that Wayne was very busy working (Let’s Make A Deal? Another project?) and couldn’t dedicate as much time as the other dancers. I’m in CT this morning so I’ll fire up my iPad and watch last night’s show.

They didn’t play it up too much, but I think that Wayne was very busy working (Let’s Make A Deal? Another project?) and couldn’t dedicate as much time as the other dancers. I’m in CT this morning so I’ll fire up my iPad and watch last night’s show.
Yes, it seemed like he only practiced a fraction of the time the others did. I wonder if that was creating friction between him and Witney. She seemed icy toward him compared to her other partners.

He has the busiest career of everyone on this season. Alfonzo did say that he hosted the American Music Awards on Sunday night. And he does 5 shows of Let's Make A Deal each week.

I think the week he got "sick," which coincidentally was right after the first week Len saved Heidi, was when he realized for the first time that he just wasn't going to win. He was putting in his all up until then. But, once he realized the fix was in, he DID get sick - sick at heart - that he could dance his heart, soul and body out, and he wouldn't win this thing. And after a few days of that sinking in, he put his best effort forward to dance his own best against what HE did the previous week, for HIMSELF, but realized, it wasn't a competition against others in the show.

THAT was when his schedule suddenly became extra busy, with him putting the majority of his time and efforts back to doing his REAL life and career and moving that forward.

I just watched parts of the show again. It was good seeing all the returning stars and their group dances, choreographed to their levels. Yes, Jason Lewis was right to be booted off first. He would have never improved. You can see Peta talking to him throughout his dance.

Would have preferred to have seen another shirtless dance from Trevor. Heck, Vinny too, as they danced together.

It was nice that Jordin and Jesse got a dance that was more complex, at their level.

I'm glad that during Cheryl's farewell dance, she picked Louis to partner her over Pasha.

As for the Freestyles, while Mark choreographed a lovely dance showing off how pretty Charli is, and what an impeccable dancer she is, there was nothing DARING in his dance. Nothing that "wowed" me. There was no real through line to the dance other than being pretty. It just showed a lot of different dance styles and moves. It seemed more like an audition piece to get her into college, or the like.

Maybe Mark thought it was their award to lose. As long as he didn't mess up the freestyle, (the way Marie Osmond did with her Scary Doll dance, :scared: ) which would PROVE what a fix the show is as they would win anyway. Staying with something SAFE would guarantee them the win.

I'm quite sure it will be announced that Charli will join the DWTS tour on certain dates. That THAT is why Heidi is doing it too, on certain dates. No way, would she allow Charli to tour alone, which I'm glad about due to her age at barely 18. But, really, Heidi doing the tour by herself, without Charli? No way. I think they will be coming together as a Mom & DD team.

I still like Gabby's dance better. She showed real daring. The choreography showed daring. Gabby has come into herself as a dancer and performer. Val showed real trust in having Jenna choreograph him and Gabby. It was great the way Jenna really moved Gabby to center stage as the main star of that dance. (Versus Mark always dancing with Charli, safely in unison.) If Gabby can sing, or if they can get her up to enough of a singing level, I can see that she may be offered to do the Broadway show Chicago. (Christie Brinkley did it a few years ago. I don't think she ever exhibited she was much of a singer. The same for some other stars in recent years. The show has been on Broadway so long that the producers are trying to get anyone with some fame and can sing a little, to bring in the tourists, at this point.)

Shangela's dance is still the dance of the night. I watched twice more. Like Selma, Shangela danced for her life. As well as dancing for all those that died in the horrible Colorado gay club massacre, and for LGBTQIA+ everywhere. (Over the past several days, some man had thrown a brick into the front of a gay bar, returning 4 tines to throw a brick again, here is NYC. Everyone was naturally anxious about the anti-gay hatred acts. But, now people here are afraid of a copycat of the Colorado gay club massacre. :( ) Shangela may not have the technique that Charli and Gabby do, but wow, she proved she can put on a spectacular, amazing, funny, exhilarating and awesome show.

Sasha in the chicken leg costume at the end had me howling.

That was hilarious! :rotfl:

Len really did forget to enter in his score. o_O You can hear Tyra urging him to enter his score.

Last edited:
As for the Freestyles, while Mark choreographed a lovely dance showing off how pretty Charli is, and what an impeccable dancer she is, there was nothing DARING in his dance. Nothing that "wowed" me. There was no real through line to the dance other than being pretty. It just showed a lot of different dance styles and moves. It seemed more like an audition piece to get her into college, or the like.

I got La La Land vibes, even down to the yellow dress. :rotfl2:

I loved seeing Eureka and Laganja Estranja in Shangela's freestyle. It was a pretty epic freestyle.

I thought Wayne did well too.

I got La La Land vibes, even down to the yellow dress. :rotfl2:

Yes! That's it! Very dream-like and pretty. That's about it.

I loved seeing Eureka and Laganja Estranja in Shangela's freestyle. It was a pretty epic freestyle.

At first I thought she had brought all her own backup dancers too, as the men's postures were very gay. (<- That is NOT a flame. Some gay men lift their chests up to push out the "girls" - even if they don't have any, and poke out their butts, as they usually have well sculpted ones they worked on. :lmao:) But, I think Shangela just told the guys to dance like gay queens. :lmao:

Oh my gosh! I just got to watch Shangela's performance! Can we have more like that please and thank you. It reminded me of old school freestyles

Yes, THIS is the demographic Disney+ needs to get, not the teeny boppers that are Charli's fans. For one, the teeny boppers don't have money to keep subscribing. Give Shangela her own show on Disney+.

I want more like Shangela, Vinny even tho not the best dancer embodied what the show was about and an infectious personality, Daniel….charli was good but she was set to win from day one.

He has the busiest career of everyone on this season. Alfonzo did say that he hosted the American Music Awards on Sunday night. And he does 5 shows of Let's Make A Deal each week.

I think the week he got "sick," which coincidentally was right after the first week Len saved Heidi, was when he realized for the first time that he just wasn't going to win. He was putting in his all up until then. But, once he realized the fix was in, he DID get sick - sick at heart - that he could dance his heart, soul and body out, and he wouldn't win this thing. And after a few days of that sinking in, he put his best effort forward to dance his own best against what HE did the previous week, for HIMSELF, but realized, it wasn't a competition against others in the show.

THAT was when his schedule suddenly became extra busy, with him putting the majority of his time and efforts back to doing his REAL life and career and moving that forward.
The think that’s exactly what happened.

Emma posted a cute Instagram story of her sharing Thanksgiving with Sasha, Daniella and Pascha, Derek and Hailey, Alfonso and family, Sharna and Brian, Gleb, Britt and others. I love that they are a normal work family who actually like each other enough to share a Thanksgiving meal.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my DWTS on the Dis friends! Hope your day was grand.

Emma posted a cute Instagram story of her sharing Thanksgiving with Sasha, Daniella and Pascha, Derek and Hailey, Alfonso and family, Sharna and Brian, Gleb, Britt and others. I love that they are a normal work family who actually like each other enough to share a Thanksgiving meal.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my DWTS on the Dis friends! Hope your day was grand.
I always love hearing things like that thanks for sharing! Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter