Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2017

It sounded like Alfonso was singing!

I thought it sounded like Alfonso too.

But Alfonso didn't sing the Fresh Prince theme, Will did.

I think it may have been Alfonso. I didn't watch a lot of Fresh Prince, but I vaguely remember :idea: an episode where they did a spoof, doing the show as Alfonso's story. :upsidedow :teeth: And he did sing the title song. So they probably nabbed that version instead of Will singing it, as a nod to Alfonso. :thumbsup2

Had to watch on a smaller hotel TV and it was harder to stay awake, lol. Jordan & Lindsay, and Mark & Lindsey were complete stand outs. Danced well, but credit goes to the choreography. Lindsay is really stepping up, Mark always does. Nice to see Witney happy this season too, she can get creative.

Please be warned, the following is a totally fabricated speculation - by me. The jazz had some lifts that would be risky to do with an untrained partner, and Maks is no baby anymore. As an "older" dancer he's got to have some nagging injuries, maybe rotator cuff? Could be that's why he passed Vanessa off to Alan. Guess we will see if they make it to the finals and do a freestyle.

I also thought Nikki and Artem's dance was better than scored. The judges don't seem to consider that music is often assigned and the pros have to come up with something that works. And a back story sometimes, some of those stories seemed really fake to me.

Thoughts ---

*Like others said, I don't believe the rumour at all, mostly because Maks is a professional. If it is true though, well Peta has two babies.
*Listen no disrespect to Vanessa or Miss Simpson but it is killing me to hear Vanessa this season - says whatever comes to her mind with no sense of filter, full of life. Well who knew Nick had a definite type? I didn't. Laughing. In fact, I always took Vanessa - from her career/interviews - as let's say more of a serious personality
*Vanessa was off with the other professionals in her dance. Found it bizarre that some of the judges commented that that section was the strong part.
*So angry with Gleb. What the heck was that? So little to do with dancing. And Sasha is talented. GLEB!
*Frankie NO! Just NO.
*Nikki was underscored. I find her so cute in her ways.
*Terrell - loved it. Don't love Terrell but good job! Loving having Cheryl back. Robin, you must be so close to the Canadian border that you have a love of sarcasm! :rotfl2:;)
*I know I've said this already but am happy to have Mark back too. Love his choices - every week I make sure I sit down and pay attention to his creativity. Good riddance Lindsey's boyfriend - ba bye. :drinking1
*Who's left? Couples that had no effect on me, obviously. Oh wait Derek Fisher is a great love of mine from the NBA - love athletes that stay steady through team madness :laughing: - but that dance wasn't as good as those scores, in my opinion.

Last edited:
*So angry with Gleb. What the heck was that? So little to do with dancing. And Sasha is talented. GLEB!

I agree with you wholeheartedly about Gleb. I mean what the heck was that routine? It's clear that he's never really put together much of a Jazz routine before. Sasha has a lot of potential.

There were some off ones this week, notably Sasha & Frankie... but this is actually a pretty good season so far.

Too bad the ratings are tanking... I'm not sure what they're going to do for the next season. :worried:

Theme: Most Memorable year

Nikki Bella and Artem – Contemporary (Song: “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten)
1-800-868-3409

Victoria Arlen and Val – Foxtrot (Song: “I Lived” by One Republic)
1-800-868-3413

Derek Fisher and Sharna – Jazz (Song: “Move on Up” by Curtis Mayfield)
1-800-868-3403

Sasha Pieterse and Gleb – Foxtrot (Song: “Over My Head (Cable car)” By The Fray)
1-800-868-3410

Nick Lachey and Peta – Contemporary (Song: “Falling Slowly” by Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard)
1-800-868-3408

Jordan Fisher and Lindsay – Contemporary (Song: “Take Me Home” by Us the Duo)
1-800-868-3406

Drew Scott and Emma – Jive (Song: “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen)
1-800-868-3404

Vanessa Lachey and Maks – Rumba (Song: “Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)” by Nick Lachey)
1-800-868-3412

Terrell Owens and Cheryl – Viennese Waltz (Song: “I Have Nothing” by Witney Houston)
1-800-868-3411

Lindsey Stirling and Mark – Viennese Waltz (Song: “Anchor” by Mindy Gledhill)
1-800-868-3407

Frankie Muniz and Whitney – Quickstep (Song: “Adventure of a Lifetime” by Coldplay)
1-800-868-3405

Some DWTS trivia from Entertainment Tonight interviews:

:teacher: Julianne said it was her decision to not come back as a host this season. She said she wants to concentrate on her acting career again.

:teacher: Terrell is constantly late for rehearsals. Judging from Cheryl's expression, he's not just several minutes late, but more like a 45 min or an hour or more. Terrell says though, that when he is there, he gives his all for the time that he is there. :rolleyes:

:teacher: ET is still talking about Maks not performing last week, like there still is incredible tension between Maks & Vanessa. I have to wonder if it's not just created drama so they have something to talk about. :stir: :scratchin AND I feel they are pressuring Maks to explain what his "personal day" was for. That he can't/shouldn't keep it to himself.

I think that's wrong if that is the case. Maks took a personal day. He has every right to keep the details to himself. We had a thread here recently, on the DIS, where a poster said she only works 4 days a week, yet her employer demanded to know if she would be taking a vacation on her other 6 days off - even though she wouldn't be scheduled for work or was on call. When she told them she would be taking a 10 day vacation, her employer said he may deny her her 4 days off. Many thought she shouldn't have to say more info than was necessary. I think Maks has the same right.

Last edited:
Terrell has improved but I still have a hard time getting around his personality.

Wow! Artem is ripped! :eek: He's got muscles on his muscles. :magnify:

Terrell has improved but I still have a hard time getting around his personality.

Yep, hearing on ET how he is late all the time and that he feels he can show up whenever he wants and will make it up once he's there, didn't score him any points in my book. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter