Dancing in Disney

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
We are back from 7 days in Disney. This was the shortest amount of time we have ever spent in Disney. We re Disney Vacation Club members and Annual Pass holders and a little Disney crazy (some people would say more than a little crazy). My daughter's dance school was participating in the Dance the World Group. I decided to let her take a friend as part of her high school graduation gift. It was tough leaving DH and DS behind, but they want to wait until the family trip this summer

This trip was myself, my DD17 and her friend Nikki who is 18. My daughter and I had not been to Disney since 2015 and Nikki had not been since 2006. My family has a trip planned for July/August, so this would be an extra trip and would give me time with my daughter before she goes off to college. The dance trip part is 3 nights and then we added some days to it.

9ur9eJr7JOuHLdLUHKfIpXRxkrLyk3TbZXgvwQIX8K4

Day 1
We flew Southwest from Providence into Orlando on Wednesday 6/27.We landed in Orlando at 9:15am and were at our resort by 11. We did some hotel hopping on this trip, starting with All Star Movies.

z3U6PAvatOv7RpbcEAXuMwc6Mk8K2jj9EZYw6WUEzdo

We checked in early and our room was not ready so we decided to have a snack a the World Premier Food Court. We asked for the special menu and ordered the Poutine to share. It was good and a decent serving to share. It came to $8.59.

-B4EHu0tXBziQYaBGtQezNqs0_W_-OPWZKmK7ZMdr_M

We decided to head over to Disney Springs to pick up my annual pass and Tables in Wonderland Card. We had not been to Disney Springs since it was changed and we got lost. By the time we found Guest Services we were hot and tired and glad to finally be in AC. They were friendly and helpful at guest services, but we were there about 30 minutes.

We decided to check out the rooftop at Coca Cola and were glad we did. The store has some unique items and the rooftop has a beautiful view. We ended up ordering the flight of floats. It came with 8 mini floats and was $11.18. I did not realize I could have used my AP here. The floats were good, the ice cream they use was yummy. Some of the flavors of soda were just ok. We enjoyed the root beer, cherry coke and the strawberry the most.

CsuxJ6B6NMD-C6DMco-iCLsTYpW0R0J2vNDSYhH4WdE

We had received our Room is Ready text, so headed back to the resort. We were put in the love bug section, which is quite a walk from the main building.

boZ6CUyuERQkuPKPezRd9hVtvVLmJQ6ydnctVsSvb0w

We were only staying for one night, but if we were staying longer I would definitely want to stay in the preferred section. We walked around and took some pictures. The room was clean sufficient. We decided to swim in the pool to cool off. The pool is a nice size, but does not have zero entry. We had some issues with Magic Bands on this this trip as far as getting into our rooms, Every hotel we went to, one of the bands would not work.

ChVQhODZZqTjrqoCXK3Ko3EJDC6GatFcw8Bk-M8X-VM

We had some fast passes for Magic Kingdom, so we took Disney Bus transportation over. We arrived a the park around 5pm and took some pictures in front of the castle.

EnTmj9887_YrvOZNxUoQML2AGOoNfNLbxCZm39GPpxs

We then headed over to Columbia HH for dinner. I had the fried combo and liked the fish better than the shrimp. I got it with fries and veggies. The girls split a chicken nugget meal and fries. We got some sides of mac and cheese to share and asked for cups of ice water. The meal was pretty good and very filling.

xRhN8QTdWmzAFqlUpmbxKgd5YBP271JfZKCrio8IMV8%2C5OPpk9ODUsXed_QgNeV4cPFpzpCz4XXR6b8QsyrM6QA

Our fast passes were for Thunder, Splash, and Ariel Meet. We also did the meet with Daisy and Minnie, Under the Sea, and Haunted Mansion. We were on a bus for 10:15 back to the resort, we were to tired to stay for extra Magic Hours and knew we wanted to be up early.

The next day, 6/28....

Last edited:
Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip! My daughter participated in Dance the World in 2013 and 2015 and both were amazing experiences.

Day 2

We woke up at 6:30am and called bell services to have our luggage moved to Animal Kingdom Lodge, which would be staying at for one night. My daughter's dance teacher would be staying there with us because she always wanted to try it.

We grabbed the meal that comes with 3 mickey waffles and sausage and bacon and split it. We also grabbed an orange juice and shared. It was $11.85, we used Tables in Wonderland.

We went on Winnie the Pooh first and then headed to Pirates. We got stuck on Pirates for almost an hour, it was quite the experience. Our boat had to be pulled back by cast members who had to get in the water. They had to put all the lights on and we had to exit out the back and promise not to take photos or video. When we finally got back to the theme park area, they gave us water, a mickey bar and an extra fast pass.

We then headed to jungle cruise, we had skipper Kelly and she was the best we have ever had on this ride. We then headed over to
p992Y5frL41EHSvZyeAWS19GZ0_v1Q_BWHeF9wxo1H8

feyNEgvzgET59m-UikYLHBE8sO1eMf5iOiQiawZ4OtQ

Tomorrowland and rode Buzz, Space FP, Monsters Laugh Floor, Peoplemover, took a photo with Stitch, Splash Mountain FP and did the Incredibles photo ops.

We stopped at Gaston's Tavern and ordered 2 brews and a cinnamon roll which was huge so we shared. It came to $17.65.

We left the park at 1:30pm and headed to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We met up with the dance teacher and checked into our room. We had done online check in, but figured we would see if our room was ready. Our room was ready. Somehing we did notice is that even though we did online check in and two of our hotels our rooms were ready we were never told without actually going to the desk. In the past we would get the text letting us know. The text would only come after we went to the desk, not sure if there was a glitch.

We had a studio with a savannah view and it was very mice. I prefer to stay at the deluxes for many different reasons., Animal Kingdom is our favorite. The resort is amazing. The lobby at Jambo is breathtaking and so is the savannah. The service is always good.

We had a lunch reservation for Sanaa for 2:50 so we headed over by walking the trail. Sanaa is in the Kidani building. We prefer this restaurant for lunch. There are quite a few tables that you can see the savannah while you eat. Our host was ok and our server was good. There are turtles that you can watch in the waiting area. When we were seated we ordered the bread service, which is delicious. I could have had it as a meal. We all loved it. We had a lemonade, a smoothie, ginger ale and a diet coke as well. We all did the Harvest Journey and all loved or meals. My daughter and I are adventurous eaters, but the other two are not and this was definitely stepping out of their comfort zones. They were glad they did. We didn't have dessert because we were to full. The meal came to $141.87 and that was using Tables in Wonderland.

mBLHersIV9sL83fWoUG1ZLq2zK9tm64TxTrMZFF_EM4

3FPTHknOaE-VBcQ9PVA1tt8yQ_C8NPISRHyQck5unCs

We walked back to Jambo and decided to have some pool time. One of my daughter's teammates met us there to hang out for the night. When we got back to our room, there was a surprise waiting for the girls for their graduation.

u592N8CVn98Doz_OZzGazU_coY2iTwqYlKxW5_EXU2A

It was Zebra domes with chocolate decorations on the plate. It was so good. We spent about an hour at the pool and then headed back to get ready for the evening.

We took the bus over to MK and monorail over to the contemporary. We walked over to Bay Lake Tower and checked into Top of the World Lounge. We asked if we could sit in the private booth and were told it was fine. We ordered Top of the World Punch and a plate of nachos, because none of us were that hungry. We thought we were not hungry, but loved the nachos so we ordered another one and two orders of the pretzel appetizer. It was very good. It came to $65.59+tip. We stayed to watch Happily Ever After which was all of our first times seeing it. You can see the fireworks and hear the music, but hard to see the pictures on the castle. We tried doing a Minnie van onto go back, but there was none available. We walked to Magic Kingdom and took the bus back.

fIO_rOewg9MopLQ8oeKPdezK7T4O0HnBfHAQFtZxWM4

jcu7cFLJ23ympvjJ22ol1dw1B4mXiga56KgtXP9Ih6Q

We all had a great day.

Tomorrow we would be checking in for the dance portion of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter