• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dancing: cause you know it's amazang :)

disneedust1429

Someday I'll be part of your world
Just wondering if there are any dancers out there

I dance (hip hop :goodvibes )

I was on my school hip hop team

but I had to quit :sick: :sad2: :guilty:

I had too much homework and not enough time to go anymore

*Too many classes and extracurriculars :guilty:

So, what kinda dancing do you do? :3dglasses

Dance is my life. I have been dancing since I was around 3 years old. Currently I am studying ballet, jazz, lyrical, modern, tap and contemporary. I have studied pointe in the past as well. For some reason I have never studied hip hop or musical theatre. I hope to minor in dance in college. :-)

Dancin for 10 years :)
I've done ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop, contemporary, jazz fusion, and acrobatics. I'm only taking ballet and jazz this year because I'm too busy

I dance ballet, jazz, hip hop, modern, tap, and I am in a jazz company. I love it so much-and I hope to minor in dance in college as well!

I do mostly hip hop, but when I was younger I did ballet, tap, and jazz

I also played soccer while doing that

so i ended up quitting and just playing soccer

then i took up hip hop

and rekindled my love for dance <3 :)

lol

i've been dancing since i was 3, so 12 years :)
i've done pretty much every single kind of dance out there, but currently in hip hop and ballet :)

ive danced since i was 3 too, and i love it:-) i mostly do ballet, jazz, contemporary, and hip hop :cool1:

I did ballet when I was 3, but the instructor was so mean & scary, she made me cry...I never went back xD hahaha

well i looooooooove dancing....but i havn't taken any lessons or anything lol. i really like broadway and contemporary

Dance was seriously the center of my life for like 7 years until recently I used to dance 6 days a week, but I've had a string of injuries since about May of last year and haven't been in a show since June 2010. I broke my back towards the end of May when I did a switch ring leap and went back to far. Then doing a chest stand I hurt it even more but roughed it through till the end of June. Soon after when my back was trying to heal I decided to go on a back packing trip(smart move I know) and slipped in the middle of a river and fell on a huge rock and broke my tibia. I was out for a month in a half with that injury and it pretty much finished up the rest of my summer season which is cruicial to training new skills and such. I went back in the start of September and well doing a oversplit within a month back I tore the tendon in my hip, and had to take even more time off. Once that started slowly getting better we found out my knee never really healed and so we started physical theraphy and that's been a really long slow process. In this whole process we have decided to leave my old studio for various different reasons and switch to a nationally ranked one in the top 100 FDC dance studios(They were on America's Got Talent last season and made it to Vegas) which is closer to us than my old studio. I'm planning on beggining there within a week or so since they still have open registration and want to compete for them come next year but I still have a very long road to over come. I'm lost alot of my flexibility, my chest stand, my back hand spring and alot of things so now it's time for me to buckle down and get back into shape. Currently I'm mostly focusing on lyrical, jazz, tap, and ballet and am also trying to work on acro. I have also done in the past hip-hop, irish, and contemporary. I'm really looking forward to getting back into at a studio that focuses more on my strengths and is more intense training there where I used to be.

i have been dancing since i was 2 1/2. and now im 14. i have done ballet, tap, hip hop, jazz, and modern. I am currently doing tap and modern. I just got my recital costumes (they are very cute). For modern, i am actually dancing to They Live in You from The Lion King on Browdway. Dancing is my LIFE. without dancing, my life wouldn't be the same. When i grow up, i hope to be a dance teacher. :)

I've been dancing since 3, first just Ballet, but I now do Modern, Tap, Acro and Ballet. It seriously brightens up my week, just being able to dance out all of my frustration :)

Though its not technically a style of dance, my favourite is acrobatics because it's fun to casually carwheel into splits down your school hallways ;)

I've been dancing since 3, first just Ballet, but I now do Modern, Tap, Acro and Ballet. It seriously brightens up my week, just being able to dance out all of my frustration :)

Though its not technically a style of dance, my favourite is acrobatics because it's fun to casually carwheel into splits down your school hallways ;)

I would see acro is a type of dance! It can be competed at dance competitions and typically scores very well! I know that you can incorporate dance with chest stand, aerials etc. I think it's really fun and really cool looking :)

I take modern, ballet, hip hop, jazz, and lyrical (and yup - I'm a guy!!) I hope to major in dance in college.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter