Dance The Magic Disneyland

Mrs CP

Earning My Ears
My daughter's dance club has the opportunity to do Dance The Magic in Disneyland in the summer of 2019. I am wondering if anyone has done this, and what you can tell me about it?

DD will be turning 9 around the time we will be going, and she loves to dance. I'm wondering if she is a little young to get much out of it though? She is so excited about the opportunity, and I don't want her to miss out. On the other hand, I wonder if the opportunity may come along again in 5 years when she is a little older?? But, will we regret not taking the chance "just in case" it comes along again? Is there a "better" age that they get the value of working with the Disney choreographers and the dance camp? This is not a cheap adventure for us, as we live in Canada, so it would be a big vacation, costing probably $5,000 for just her and I to go.

How much down time do the dancers have to explore the park with their family? Do chaperones stay with the dancers the whole time? If she is going to be backstage at rehearsals for most of the time, I don't know if it is worth paying extra to bring my DH and DS, as we wouldn't get to have any family time in Disney.

Please help answer some of my questions!! I'm very undecided. Thank you!!

It’s not the same event, but my son participated in a one day dance thing at DL last summer. It was very very very challenging! The choreographer is amazing, and she does NOT allow “marking” the moves. It was all out every time.

The only young ones at my son’s event were also not aware that it was a dance event (I don’t understand either) so I didn’t get to see any younger ones fully participating. But especially if she’s in competitive dance she should be able to do well.

But the multi day thing might be different. I wish our studio would do this!!!

This sounds like an amazing event! On a side note, will this create much impact on crowds during the time of the event? I see it will be going on during the tail-end of our trip in July this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter