• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dance Competitions

DW4US

Mouseketeer
My daughter may be participating in a UDA Dance Competition at Disney Wide World of Sports in February. There will be packages with tickets, rooms, etc available. My question is if we have AP's can they just take the price of the park hoppers off the package and would we still be able to get into the Wide World of Sports and watch the competition? Also, in looking at last years schedule they had a UDA night at MK and some special thing listed at the Studios one night. Would we be able to get into to them with AP's? I have to make the decision to renew our AP's in the next 2 days. We are going to July, but weren't going to buy AP's since we didn't think we would make another trip this year. I would appreciate any info from anyone that has attenended one of these events.

THANKS!!!

I am only assuming that the UDA Dance is handled similar to the UCA Cheer competitions, sooooooo...No, you will not be able to use your annual pass for entrance into WWoS for competitions. Admission to WWoS is $12, I think. I don't think that you can separate the package to remove the hoppers. I know when I traveled with my friend's daughter's cheerleading squad, it was cheaper for me to book the room separately. My friend purchased the hoppers thru UCA, as they were cheaper than even Undercovertourist.com.
The UDA night is a separate hard ticketed event, so if you want to go to that, you will have to buy that ticket, as that will not be covered by your annual pass.

Thanks for the info --- so it looks like it will be a lot eaiser to just go with their package.

when in Feb are the competitions?
We're planning a Feb trip- wondering if we are going to run into this...

Frankly, I don't think there is anyway to avoid competitions. They seem to go year round. I know there were some there in Mid-May and I have seen them in October. I haven't noticed much difference in the parks, but I would avoid staying at the All-Stars. I know our cheerleaders stayed there and my friend and I stayed at the Beach Club. We got a lot more sleep than the parents that stayed at the All-Stars.....

My daughter will also be partcipating in the UDA competition in February. I ended up booking on my own with free dining, staying at All Star Sports. It was a much better deal than going with the UDA package.

One other big issue if you go with the package.

I'm 99.999999% sure the tickets will be YES tickets. These tickets are not normal MYW and can not be upgraded in any way and they are only good for a two week period (so no using them to renew your AP).

Others have asked this exact same question and they also had to buy the package in order to get the special event tickets even though they had AP's.

Also the package may include CS meal vouchers that some people think, because of the cost, are like DDP credits. They are just prepaid vouchers that get you a combo meal, a drink and a dessert. We used them for a band trip and at the time were very restrictive on were to use them, now at least it pretty much all the CS places on property.

My daughter will also be partcipating in the UDA competition in February. I ended up booking on my own with free dining, staying at All Star Sports. It was a much better deal than going with the UDA package.

But without the package can you get into WWOS to see the competition?

It seems like some groups make it like a hard ticket event so you need that ticket to get in, also there could be a special after hours awards ceremony that they hold at DHS that requires a ticket from the package and they don't sell them separately.

I have read a lot of these posts since I have been involved in two youth trips to WDW and it seems like the organizers make it so you have to buy the package, which sucks for people with AP's (or that can do better).

But without the package can you get into WWOS to see the competition?

Yeah you can just pay regular admission to get in and see them. Anyone theoretically can go to the competetions as long as you are willing to fork over the $$. UDA/UCA are open competetions, I'm not sure about the smaller competetions like Pop Warner and such.

BTW we have been there during UCA weekend in Feb, it's Pop Warner on steriods. There is also not enough guys to counter act out the girls girly behaviour (screaming, sqealing, chanting in lines, etc). Never ever again will we go that weekend if we know about it in advance. DH ended up banging on several girls doors at 3am to shut them up, something about a 30yr old man in his boxers screaming at them seemed to do the trick though. We thought maybe not being at thier resort would help but in the parks we just learned to run the other way if we saw more than 10 of them coming to an attraction. I hope the UDA gals/guys are better behaved.

Yeah you can just pay regular admission to get in and see them. Anyone theoretically can go to the competetions as long as you are willing to fork over the $$. UDA/UCA are open competetions, I'm not sure about the smaller competetions like Pop Warner and such.

BTW we have been there during UCA weekend in Feb, it's Pop Warner on steriods. There is also not enough guys to counter act out the girls girly behaviour (screaming, sqealing, chanting in lines, etc). Never ever again will we go that weekend if we know about it in advance. DH ended up banging on several girls doors at 3am to shut them up, something about a 30yr old man in his boxers screaming at them seemed to do the trick though. We thought maybe not being at thier resort would help but in the parks we just learned to run the other way if we saw more than 10 of them coming to an attraction. I hope the UDA gals/guys are better behaved.

We were there first week of May this year and there was some sort or international competition. Didn't notice too many groups, just few obvious "cheer girl"* type groups. We also stayed off site.

* I have no real definition of what a "cheer girl" looks like you just know them when you see them. Matching shirts help. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter