Daisy Leaders Unite! Girl Scouts USA!

Debbie6221

<font color=hotpink>I do believe hangers are again
I thought I would start a thread for disers who are Daisy leaders. I am starting a troop this year in Chicago and would love to be able to have disers to share ideas and information with here!

I have been a leader in "Sparks" which is Girl Guides of Canada's equivalent to Daisy Troop. I'm taking this year off, though, as GGC did some reorganzing last year that downloaded a lot on the leader and left me burnt out. It is a lot of work but a lot of fun. Don't be afraid to ask for and accept volunteer help!

I am co-leading a group of first grade Daisies this year. Last year's kindergartners become Brownies because they changed the age groupings, but we are going to be Daisies. We're excited to start and the new books look great!

I have 3 daughters and I have been all of their leaders since Daisies. I currently have a Brownie and and Junior troop, (and my oldest working independantly), but loved all 3 of my years as a Daisy leader (all of my years have been great, but there is something special about Daisies). If you ever need advise, help, ideas, I am here.

I am Co leading our Daisys We have an even split this year half in first half in 2nd its going to be really interesting to figure out bridge-ing up at the end of the year.

-Becca-

I am co-leading my youngest daughter's daisy troop. My other two are brownies & I am going to assist their troop. We are excited about the Diasy troop!

Great to see we might have a thread here. I meet today with the regional GSOA women, parent meeting October 2nd and then we will be ready to go.I thought it would be fun to share ideas here, thoughts on what works and what doesn't, and stuff like that.I thought we could also share parent letters, graphics and resourses as well.

I just volunteered to start a Daisy troop in my town. My DD just started Kindergarden and I already have a co-leader whose DD is in 1st grade. We have already completed our Orientation and still have to take Leader Basics, Daisy Basics and Out and About training. Our town has a recruitment evening in a couple of weeks so I am hoping that we will have a troop after that. Right now we only have two girls (our daughters) in the troop...

For those of you with troops already, how many girls do you have?

I was just asked on Friday to be a co leader of my daughter's Daisy troop. My older boys are in Boy and Cub Scouts. This is a nice change of pace for me.:)

I've been a GS leader for several years. We started as Daisies (there were 10), grew to 17 by 5th grade and now I have 9 new cadettes. We made daisies a really fun year, lots of crafts and field trips to do fun stuff. We ice skated, went to see The Nutcracker at Christmas, did a day camp with the 'big girl scouts' . Lots of fun ideas and materials available through councils, and you might want to look at yahoo groups to join up and share with other leaders. We had great retention because we spent a lot of time just bonding with each other. Feel free to PM with any questions. Good luck.

Nice to be able to Dis about Daisy's!!
Thanks for joining the thread everyone!

I just became a Daisy Leader (new at this) and am excited about it. Just took the Basic & Troop Management Course the other night. It will be great to have a thread to share ideas.

Hello ladies,

Tried to do the Daisy thing last year, but there were only two of us interested.
So guess who is co-leading the daisy (1st grade) this year...

Our school troop organizer is not great about answering questions so I am very happy to find this thread.

we need a scout smilie
:dance3:

It's hard when you don't have someone to rely on. I have been our school coordinator and have had 3 troops and have been a leader for 10 years. Currently I have brownies and Juniors. I am available if you have questions, feel free to PM me.

I am a Daisy leader, we started last year when the girls were in Kindergarten and will continue with Daisies this year in 1st grade until we are done with our petals, then we may bridge to Brownies...
We only completed half our petals due to a late start with getting the troop organized. We had 16 girls and this year 13 re-register. Three girls moved.
Our several meetings were fun and laid back with crafts, games,etc.
I can give ideas of what we did if anyone is interested. I have an older in GS so I knew what to expect, but many of the new moms we had did not. I put together a packet with a lot of info. and most parents really appreciated it since they had no prior knowledge of anything GS.
Thanks to all of you Daisy volunteers!

Any ideas on how to present the Daisy Law/Promise? We were thinking of the handprint for the promise but I am kind of stuck on the law. We don't want to just put it on an index card because most of the girls don't read yet. So we are trying to think of a fun way to present it so they can go over it with their moms. thanks for any insight!

I am a Daisy leader, we started last year when the girls were in Kindergarten and will continue with Daisies this year in 1st grade until we are done with our petals, then we may bridge to Brownies...
We only completed half our petals due to a late start with getting the troop organized. We had 16 girls and this year 13 re-register. Three girls moved.
Our several meetings were fun and laid back with crafts, games,etc.
I can give ideas of what we did if anyone is interested. I have an older in GS so I knew what to expect, but many of the new moms we had did not. I put together a packet with a lot of info. and most parents really appreciated it since they had no prior knowledge of anything GS.
Thanks to all of you Daisy volunteers!

I would love to hear your ideas. What was in the packets you made up for the parents? This is my first year doing Daisy's and any help would be so much appreciated.

Everyone here should have lots of info for this question... how do I find a troop for my DD4 to join. We would probably wait until next year, but how do I get info? Thanks

At the school registration day there was a table with both Boy & Girl scouts.

We signed up by leaving my name and email that we were interested. They emailed us to come to a START meeting.
(Starting Troops At Registration Time)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter