• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daily Points on WW

NC State

DIS Veteran
I have started the new WW program. So far so good! My daughter would like to start too but can't swing the weekly fee. How can she find out how many daily pts she is allowed if she hasn't joined?

Well if you have joined just take the information that is in front of you in your first book and put her info in and you should get her weekly points.

Well if you have joined just take the information that is in front of you in your first book and put her info in and you should get her weekly points.

If you look at the new Point Plus book there's not any information on how you come up with your daily target points. They tell you when you sign up at the meeting. The information was in the old system book.

Goodness, they have made it harder then. I do know that every single person at my meetings we ALL have the same points per day and no one has ever lost a point in our weight loss. There is one person that is 40 lbs heavier then me and we both have the same points as well as someone who has between 30 - 35 lbs less then me. I can tell you I feel like I am eating a lot more now then on the old plan when I only got 18 basic points per day.

Goodness, they have made it harder then. I do know that every single person at my meetings we ALL have the same points per day and no one has ever lost a point in our weight loss. There is one person that is 40 lbs heavier then me and we both have the same points as well as someone who has between 30 - 35 lbs less then me. I can tell you I feel like I am eating a lot more now then on the old plan when I only got 18 basic points per day.

There is a wide range of points assigned to the people in my group, but we are also a pretty diverse group. Women and men, all ages, and widely disparate weights. The lowest number of points plus is 29 and that is what I've been at since the beginning of the new program. I know several folks have "lost" points, because they both rejoice at the progress and whine about the lower points. I don't believe there is an easy way to calculate points without having WW do it for you -- I'm sure that's part of the plan.

I understand the concern about costs, but if it is something that is important to your daughter, I think I'd try to figure out a way to make it work -- even if just for a couple of months. It's certainly a good way to develop healthy habits. Can she give up something else for awhile? (Plus, the meetings are a really important part of the plan for me.)

Thank you for the information. I just started Wednesday night and so far it's great. They were out of the calators so it's hard to go shopping and not knowing the pt value. I hope they come in soon.

I have 57 lbs to lose so I know it will be a journey but I know the WW system works. I know because I was at goal five years ago and then just stop doing everything.

If you buy the point calculator you could figure her points out for her. If you want you can private message me and I can get her info and calculate it for you. If she doesn't mind?

Someone did...thank you so much for the offer. I can't wait for mine to come in. Thank you again.

So happy to report that I lost 3.8 lbs in my first week. I did purchase the kit that has the dining out and complete food list books. I think this will help me when I go shopping this weekend. Thank you for the help everyone!

There are some neat phone/iPod apps out there too that you can use for tracking and point calculating. Great job on your first week loss! Just remember to track, track, track! My favorite quote of the week is to make sure you track all your BLTs (bites, licks and tastes). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter