• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daily Housekeeping Returns to Disney - At Least For Me.

ParklandDISDad

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a five night trip to Wilderness Lodge 11/26/22-12/1/22 and was so delighted to see daily housekeeping service return. I was not expecting this, as when checking in on MDE I was still prompted to select whether we wanted service every other day (standard at the moment) or less often.

This was our 13th trip since the parks reopened post 2020 COVID shut down and I had no idea how much I missed coming back from the parks to fresh linen/towels and a tidied room. The time they took to strategically place our youngest son’s dozen or so Disney stuff animals each time was so cute and became something he looked forward to each time we returned from our morning rope-dropping.

It really feels like the parks/resorts are beginning to hit their stride again (I hope).. one day when we returned for HS there were six characters in the lobby doing meet and greets.. Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Wendell, King Louie, and Mr Penguin.

It was honestly the first trip where things felt almost 100% back to “normal” since 2019. If they had brought back the Blue Flag Launch to get from WL to FW and CR by boat I don’t think I would have had anything to complain about at all. Lol.

Did they make the beds?
Not only did they make the beds, the completely stripped and changed the linen every day.

One afternoon after they had already been to the room in the morning DS wet the bed through his pull up during nap time so I called down before we headed to Epcot that evening to let them know.. when we got back I was surprised to see that they not only changed the sheets on the bed I told them he had wet, but they did another full service, replaced all the linens.. towels.. cups.. etc.. even spent the time to arrange DS’s stuffed animals and put the little triangle fold on the toilet paper roll lol. It really is the little things that make a difference, especially when it comes to a WDW resort experience.

Has anyone else experienced daily housekeeping recently?.. because we were at BC as recently as 6 weeks prior and it hadn’t returned yet there at that time. Even our main building stay at GF for July 4th didn’t garner daily housekeeping lol (although the bottomless champagne certainly numbed that).. Really hoping this wasn’t a fluke and is a sign of turning a corner and the future ahead in terms of staffing issues beyond just housekeeping though lol.

Hmmm. On second thought, what major Disney event happened between 10/14 (our BC stay) and 11/26 (our WL stay)?… oh, yeah, that one.. lol! Probably unrelated, but conjecture can still be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter