Daily housekeeping back at AKL?

Miffy

DIS Veteran
For anyone who's been recently, does AKL have daily housekeeping now?

We stayed club level in January and had full daily housekeeping. The only exception was that the sheets were not changed daily (they were changed every 3 days or so) but the beds were made daily.

We stayed club level in January and had full daily housekeeping. The only exception was that the sheets were not changed daily (they were changed every 3 days or so) but the beds were made daily.
Thanks, @EmiliyGahr. I appreciate the response.
We're not stay CL, but I hope we have housekeeping every day.
I shall report back in case anyone else is looking for this info.

I'm checking into AKL (Kidani) on saturday. If no one else responds, I can let you know how housekeeping is.

I'm checking into AKL (Kidani) on saturday. If no one else responds, I can let you know how housekeeping is.
Are you staying on points or a cash reservation? It makes a difference for the type of housekeeping you get.

Are you staying on points or a cash reservation? It makes a difference for the type of housekeeping you get.
DVC points. I would hope that rooms booked with cash would get some sort of housekeeping, but I did a stay at POR in February and housekeeping did not enter my room once for my entire stay. I hope it's different now :(

DVC points. I would hope that rooms booked with cash would get some sort of housekeeping, but I did a stay at POR in February and housekeeping did not enter my room once for my entire stay. I hope it's different now :(
Cash rooms are supposed to get housekeeping every day, if they have gone back to original schedules. DVC rooms have always been a completely different schedule. So if you are staying in a DVC room, you can’t report your housekeeping experience to the PP as being the same as a cash booking.

Cash rooms are supposed to get housekeeping every day, if they have gone back to original schedules. DVC rooms have always been a completely different schedule. So if you are staying in a DVC room, you can’t report your housekeeping experience to the PP as being the same as a cash booking.
Ah okay, that's understandable. OP didn't specify what room they had booked, so I hope someone staying on cash can answer their question.

At least from my experience staying in a cash room at POR I didn't get any housekeeping and when I did call to ask for more towels, no one showed up. I ended up having to grab extras from a housekeeping cart (which the housekeeper didn't have any issue with and actually encouraged me to grab some).

OP here. I've been here since Tuesday. I am staying at JH in a regular old hotel room. Not DVC and not CL. We booked a room-only reservation. I guess this is what's called a cash reservation. But we are NOT in a DVC studio. We are in a resort hotel room and we paid WDW directly.

There is no daily housekeeping here. This is day 3 and we have so far had zero housekeeping. We should get trash + towels today. I will report back with the results.

I asked at the front desk this morning and they confirmed that there is, indeed, zero daily housekeeping here, only every-other-day trash+towels. The front-desk person assured me that I can call and ask for anything I need and they will bring it to me.

Still, staying in a deluxe resort and paying something like $560/night (we're here with an AP discount, so it'd be much more without that discount) and not receiving daily housekeeping is not amusing to me.

It's still wonderful here, of course. We have a savanna-view room and there's great animal viewing and we love the lodge. I also love getting housekeeping when I'm on vacation.

Supposedly this had returned but, no, it has not.

OP here. I've been here since Tuesday. I am staying at JH in a regular old hotel room. Not DVC and not CL. We booked a room-only reservation. I guess this is what's called a cash reservation. But we are NOT in a DVC studio. We are in a resort hotel room and we paid WDW directly.

There is no daily housekeeping here. This is day 3 and we have so far had zero housekeeping. We should get trash + towels today. I will report back with the results.

I asked at the front desk this morning and they confirmed that there is, indeed, zero daily housekeeping here, only every-other-day trash+towels. The front-desk person assured me that I can call and ask for anything I need and they will bring it to me.

Still, staying in a deluxe resort and paying something like $560/night (we're here with an AP discount, so it'd be much more without that discount) and not receiving daily housekeeping is not amusing to me.

It's still wonderful here, of course. We have a savanna-view room and there's great animal viewing and we love the lodge. I also love getting housekeeping when I'm on vacation.

Supposedly this had returned but, no, it has not.
We were in CSR grand destino tower this week and saw the sign that said light housekeeping(towels and trash) every other day. We called on an off day and requested housekeeping thinking they would only replace towels and empty trash but they also made beds and straightened up a bit. So if you want you can call and request

So to update.
We checked in on Thursday, actually got our room requests of partial savannah and connecting rooms which was nice. Housekeeping came yesterday (so every other day) and made beds, changed towels, emptied trash and it seems like they may have vacuumed but the room isn’t that dirty just yet so hard to tell. They also cleaned the shower (but not the sinks, weird). They did not restock coffee. I will say that for one of the rooms they came before 2pm (we came back for a break) and the second one was done later. We noticed them everywhere in the halls today so wondered if they do it every other day on their own schedule and not based on your check in day. All the cast we saw were super friendly and said hi, and definitely saw a few who were training.
So far we can’t complain, I was happy to see the beds were made up. We are here for 21 nights so can report back again about bed changes and vacuuming.

Stayed May 2-6. On Wednesday housekeeping made beds, took trash and replaced towels. The floors could have used a sweep by that point, but it's apparently not part of the service. By Friday, the floors were filthy. We saw lots of housekeepers in the halls every day, so not sure why they can't do a quick clean daily. Last fall, we got daily housekeeping at Universal Studios Royal Pacific Resort and had real glassware. It's way past time for Disney to return to normal level service, especially at Deluxe resorts.

So today was day 4 and we were out of the room by 10am. Actually saw housekeeping on the way out knocking on the room next to ours. Came back 9pm and it looks like an entire clean has been done - the linens on the beds were changed and made up, new towels, bathroom has been thoroughly cleaned with new towels, trash emptied and coffee/toiletries restocked. I *think* the floors have been done but it’s still hard to tell as they aren’t too dirty.
Edit to add: we have been leaving a tip on the days we get housekeeping, perhaps that helps?

Stayed May 2-6. On Wednesday housekeeping made beds, took trash and replaced towels. The floors could have used a sweep by that point, but it's apparently not part of the service. By Friday, the floors were filthy. We saw lots of housekeepers in the halls every day, so not sure why they can't do a quick clean daily. Last fall, we got daily housekeeping at Universal Studios Royal Pacific Resort and had real glassware. It's way past time for Disney to return to normal level service, especially at Deluxe resorts.
We always take our shoes off at the door so that we don't don't have an issue with dirty floors. People really need to start doing that. It would keep the wear and tear down on the floors, especially carpets, and you are not walking in the dirt that you bring in yourself. Gross

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter