Dads. What to wear?

You could also try athletic shorts from Nike, Asics, etc. My brother packs these along with a few t-shirts that can be easily mixed and matched. Most of them have a drawstring to make them tighter. They are also really easy to pack and are lightweight (but not too lightweight). I'm actually pretty jealous of his athletic shorts, because they look so comfy! LOL

Yep, cargo shorts are the best. Either regular ones of those that can double as swimwear. Cargo pants in cooler weather.

But if you're going to wear cargo shorts, remember:

shorts and sandals.jpg

ETA: I had to check out what was in a thread titled, Dads, what to wear? I've never seen a dad clothing question on here before.

I predict the Jersey Shore Shoobie fashion look will be a big hit at Disney this summer.

shoobie fashion.jpg

I wish I could have worn shorts last December! We were caught out by a surprise cold snap. Three pairs of shorts and a swimsuit stayed safely tucked in a drawer while I wore the painter's jeans that I wore on the flight down. Those are rather handy though, with the little side pockets perfect for a phone and glasses. The cold gave us an excuse to buy some fun outerwear with our reward dollars and 20% off receipts.

You could also try athletic shorts from Nike, Asics, etc. My brother packs these along with a few t-shirts that can be easily mixed and matched. Most of them have a drawstring to make them tighter. They are also really easy to pack and are lightweight (but not too lightweight). I'm actually pretty jealous of his athletic shorts, because they look so comfy! LOL

These right here, in any brand you like.

If you have an Academy Sports near you, they almost always have a very broad selection of quick-drying Columbia menswear at good prices. Bonus is that right now the Columbia company is having a manufacturer discount sale, so it's a double-dip. Bass Pro also has a good range of this sort of thing in their house-brand clothing, RedHead.

Most importantly for IOA, get yourself a good pair of amphibious hiking sandals, because that is a very wet park. There are several good brands, and the one that works well for you will be your best bet. Some of the best are Teva, Keen, Merrell, and Khombu; Nike also makes them. My DH converted years ago, even though he wasn't previously a sandal kind of guy.

DH wears a fishing vest he got at AK one year. It has lots of pockets and is made of light weight material, with a vented back.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Those Nylon Hiking Shorts look like they would work great. I do have an Academy Sports near me and a Cabelas a little further away.

Most importantly for IOA, get yourself a good pair of amphibious hiking sandals, because that is a very wet park. There are several good brands, and the one that works well for you will be your best bet. Some of the best are Teva, Keen, Merrell, and Khombu; Nike also makes them. My DH converted years ago, even though he wasn't previously a sandal kind of guy.

I've been wearing Alpine Design shoe/sandals from Sports Authority the past 4 trips but couldn't find them this year. Broke down and bought a pair of Keens. Great shoes for all parks - comfortable, cool, and dry quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter