Daddy-daughter ideas?

Darth Insidious

Mouseketeer
We went to Disney once before, when my older daughter was 5. My husband took her to the Perfectly Princess Tea Party. He wants to do something special with the girls this time, but the tea party isn’t back and it doesn’t look likely the new Cake Bake Shop will be open.

Any ideas for other special things for him to do with the girls?

I have just mentioned a few unique ideas in the Making My Own Guide Book thread … Are you traveling during a holiday ?

If they are older now and like sushi (?) … that restaurant that just opened in Japan has a $100 Sushi served in a boat for sharing. and it is upper level on end with great window view of the fireworks…
Maybe order childrens non alcoholic cocktail ?
My grandson loves OGAs Canteen in Hollywood Srudios for some of the non alcoholic drinks . Try to be seated at the Bar

Cinderella’s Royal Table, one of the short dedicated photo sessions, Pick a pearl in Epcot, fireworks dessert party… lots of choices!
Thank you. CRT and dessert party are probably going to be family activities but the pick a pearl and making it into jewelry would be a great fit.

If they are older now and like sushi (?) … that restaurant that just opened in Japan has a $100 Sushi served in a boat for sharing. and it is upper level on end with great window view of the fireworks…
Maybe order childrens non alcoholic cocktail ?
My grandson loves OGAs Canteen in Hollywood Srudios for some of the non alcoholic drinks . Try to be seated at the Bar
The sushi idea is perfect for my older daughter. She LOVES sushi. Also perfect for the two of them since I’m allergic to shellfish and won’t risk eating at a sushi place. Thank you.

6 and 12. The little one loves everything princess and fairies. The older one loves shopping, makeup, perfume, art, and theatre.
Oh those are two very different ages. I would either split up, and do 2 daddy daughter things.

Or maybe go to Cirque de Soleil in Disney Springs? Your 12 year old will be able to enjoy the art and the theatre, and your 6 year old will just be amazed by it general, I think.

Oh those are two very different ages. I would either split up, and do 2 daddy daughter things.

Or maybe go to Cirque de Soleil in Disney Springs? Your 12 year old will be able to enjoy the art and the theatre, and your 6 year old will just be amazed by it general, I think.
Seconded! Cirque is amazing.

He’s not opposed to splitting up but I’ll add Cirque to the list. You guys have such great ideas. He does not love Disney (veteran with PTSD), so I’m going to present a few options he can choose from. He doesn’t enjoy the research/planning like I do.

With this information , I should mention recently walking thru the Japanese Dept Store at Epcot I noticed the Pearl Counter was very popular and many people also standing around to watch and get excited if there was a pearl found … Not a quiet choice perhaps …
I do like the Cirque I have heard you can not get a bad seat but your husband would probably prefer the aisle seat close to exit.

I love to visit the Community Halls located in the Riviera lower level and the BLT lower level . The castmembers are excellent with families and lots of activities to choose from . It is usually quiet and not very busy and your children would love making a souvenir with their father as a keepsake. I visit if I am staying or not ,

With this information , I should mention recently walking thru the Japanese Dept Store at Epcot I noticed the Pearl Counter was very popular and many people also standing around to watch and get excited if there was a pearl found … Not a quiet choice perhaps …
I do like the Cirque I have heard you can not get a bad seat but your husband would probably prefer the aisle seat close to exit.
Thanks for thinking about that. Last time, the Cirque show let us pick our row (back row on the bottom level so nobody was sitting directly behind him). I had to get a certain person on the phone but they could release tickets that weren’t available online. He can do okay with it if nobody is behind him and he is on the aisle.

He can handle loud and crowded for short times. He could probably do the Japan pavilion for a while as long as he did something low stimulation before and after. We are doing not too long park days and 2 days in the park, one day off.

I love to visit the Community Halls located in the Riviera lower level and the BLT lower level . The castmembers are excellent with families and lots of activities to choose from . It is usually quiet and not very busy and your children would love making a souvenir with their father as a keepsake. I visit if I am staying or not ,
Cool idea. I found Mickey mosaics. That’s perfect for the 12 year old and bonus that he can do it without dealing with park crowds. I’m going to look for more of these activities. Thank you.

I was trying to figure out something with my DD6. Was really hoping for the Tea Party to return, but looks like we’re out of luck.

I was thinking maybe Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and a balloon ride at Aerophile, or possibly a helicopter tour at night.

When my boys were younger with earlier bed times, I would take their big sister out for a special treat. We would do small simple things, like going out for ice cream or something similar. All that mattered to her (and me) was that it was special daddy daughter time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter