Daddy Daughter Disney Dash - January 2018 -- COMPLETED

IMG_5697.JPG

Love this shot.

Kat looks like she's having way more fun than the girl behind her.

NAPPING around the world. There. That sounds much better!

:laughing:

My favorite of the bunch - fully stretched out. I think she is quite comfortable in that stroller.

(yes – I did 46 rides in all four parks in one day).

That is impressive! How many total rides are there between the parks? You must have hit most if not all?

I love how happy she looks with her hands in the air!

In all seriousness, she had been pretty well behaved, and I had promised her that I would get her the doll if she was good

I'm not above bribing my kids either! Whatever it takes to get their best behavior. My girls never let me forget my promises either...

If you haven’t done the Tink meet and greet before – I would definitely recommend it.

We've never met her before! I might need to make sure we meet her on our next trip. Do you typically need a FP to meet her?

I know some people find these annoying, but, at least on this particular occasion, we had kids everywhere jumping up and down trying to pop them. These things might be the best $20 you can spend at Disney. Especially if you pack your own bubble juice for refills.

I totally agree! I've read they annoy some people, but I've seen our bubble makers make way too many other people (young and old) happy to feel like they are actually a nuisance. We should have packed our own bubble refills on our last trip!

Aren't you doing another trip with one of your daughters? If so, you should definitely consider it.

Yes. But... she's 21 and not really into characters. Neither am I, really.
(Although I might go out of my way for Ariel... if she's properly undressed... er... dressed, I mean.)

One thing I forgot to mention was that the step sisters kept trying to steal Kat's mickey mouse bracelet. Anastasia actually put it on and started to walk away. :rotfl:

:lmao:

When people ask me why I love Disney so much, it’s times like those. You just can’t do that kind of stuff anywhere else, and while Kat might still be too young to remember it, it is something I will remember for the rest of my life.

:) That's a pretty good reason.

IT.WAS.COLD! At least for Orlando.

:rolleyes1

He says to the guy who just walked in from a -18F morning.

Luckily I’m self insulated.

Come on up! You'd do just fine in your T-shirt.

Pretty bundled. Bet she was toasty in there. :)

(yes – I did 46 rides in all four parks in one day).

:eek:

:faint:

Love this shot. :)

but then had to bounce over to DAK in order to make our first fastpass of the day. Check out the line to get in!!!

Holy crap! Toooooo many people!

I’m not joking when I say we cut it close, because our FP for NRJ were from 9am to 10 am, and we scanned in right at 10:14 am (you get a 15 min grace period).

Two things.
1. Phew! Close one!
2. I had to look up NRJ. I'm so used to calling it "It's a Small Moon" that I forgot its real name!

From there, we headed out of Pandora on our way to Africa. Check out this line for FOP!!! This is the trail leading to Africa from Pandora -- it stretched REALLLLLLLLLLY far.

I've seen that line. Insane. People... this is what fastpasses are for!

the CM asked us if we wanted to sit in one of the front rows!!! YES PLEASE!

Nice!

Awwww... passed out tot.

Yes, that’s right! I wasn’t going to let a sleeping child deter me from hitting up all four parks in one day.

So after debarking the bus and loading her into the stroller, I confidently strolled (see what I did there?)

oy...

...into DHS and got a quick Photopass picture of us in front of the Chinese Theater and immediately reversed course and made the one mile trek to the International Gateway. HEY -- IT COUNTS!

:laughing: Barely! but... I suppose it does.

I figured that I would use this opportunity to take pictures of Kat sleeping around the world.

giphy.gif

:rotfl:

Here she is NAPPING at the various countries.

Phew! Nice save.

I mean -- how can you say no to that face???

27540687_10155325075190488_5371385488219377127_n.jpg

Simple. You can't.
Looks pretty happy. :)

Oddly enough though – she had no interest in going on the frozen ride

:sad2:

After learning from my previous mistakes, I insisted she get in bed and at least try to get some more rest. Naturally, she did exactly what I asked her and slept for two hours. Can you believe it?

Oh, sure. No child anywhere has ever not immediately done exactly what a parent has told them.

so we hung out in the room and watched random Disney TV shows for a few hours.

I can only do so much.

Nothing wrong with that. Was she happy? Mission accomplished.

If you haven’t done the Tink meet and greet before

Oh, I have.

DSC08565_zps7xqtdutc.jpg

we paraded down Main Street with a flow of bubbles in our wake. I know some people find these annoying

Not me. You're in Disney... let the kids (or adults!) have fun!

That is impressive! How many total rides are there between the parks? You must have hit most if not all?

That was every ride operating at all four parks. That include Carousel of Progress, main street vehicles, MK train, and the train at Animal Kingdom. It was close to 20 miles.

I attempted the challenge two more times in 2018 (april -- failed to ride 3 of the rides and october I couldn't ride Dinosaur b/c it was down. Finished with 30 mins to spare, so would have easily completed that day).

I love how happy she looks with her hands in the air!

she absolutely loves roller coasters. BTMRR and 7DMT being her favorites.

I'm not above bribing my kids either! Whatever it takes to get their best behavior. My girls never let me forget my promises either...

Kat has a heck of a memory and never forgets a promise.

We've never met her before! I might need to make sure we meet her on our next trip. Do you typically need a FP to meet her?

I've gotten FPs both times -- but I don't think it's a necessity. Everyone seems to go to Mickey Mouse instead of her, so her line is quite a bit shorter. Problem is though that the line moves very slowly.

I totally agree! I've read they annoy some people, but I've seen our bubble makers make way too many other people (young and old) happy to feel like they are actually a nuisance. We should have packed our own bubble refills on our last trip!

Definitely pack your own if you got room -- you'll save quite a bit of money in the long run.

Now if I could only figure out how to keep the mickey bubble maker from clogging up, I'd be golden. The bubbles start to pop on his ears and then it causes the bubbles to just start collecting and becomes a huge mess. I try wiping it down with a towel every few minutes, but that is a huge pain.

Yes. But... she's 21 and not really into characters. Neither am I, really.
(Although I might go out of my way for Ariel... if she's properly undressed... er... dressed, I mean.)

Is that the older or younger daughter? I'm assuming the older one?

Ariel is not at 1900 Park Fare. Just Akershus, CRT and breakfast at Boardwalk place. But then you'd have to fight off Prince Eric.

He says to the guy who just walked in from a -18F morning.

did I mention I like hyperbole?

Come on up! You'd do just fine in your T-shirt.

I thought it was actually quite nice so long as the sun was out and there wasn't a lot of wind.

Pretty bundled. Bet she was toasty in there. :)

once she got my fleece she was all good. She was still a little tired at this point during the trip. There hadn't been a whole lot of down time.

Love this shot. :)

The video is even better. She started doing the princess wave to no one in particular as we were moving.

I've seen that line. Insane. People... this is what fastpasses are for!

sadly, for some people, they aren't able to get FPs for FOP if they are off site or if their trip is only a few days long.

You of all people should have enjoyed that one. I wrote it just for you!

Simple. You can't.
Looks pretty happy. :)

She was definitely happy with her Sven doll.

Nothing wrong with that. Was she happy? Mission accomplished.

Watching disney channel in the hotel room at Disney is probably one of her top 5 things to do. She'd be perfectly happy watching it for a couple hours each day.

Oh, I have.

Trying to make Ariel jealous?

in that pic -- Tink almost looks like she's leaning in for a kiss. Already has her eyes closed.

Love the napping around the world pics!! Glad you could still complete 4 parks in one day ;)

Thanks! While it wasn't quite how I wanted to do the Epcot portion of the day, it made for some fun Facebook posts and I got some more steps in. Still shocked she had no desire to ride FEA though. She loves that ride. I guess she just didn't want to get her butt out of the stroller.

I attempted the challenge two more times in 2018 (april -- failed to ride 3 of the rides and october I couldn't ride Dinosaur b/c it was down. Finished with 30 mins to spare, so would have easily completed that day).

This is going on my bucket list!

Now if I could only figure out how to keep the mickey bubble maker from clogging up, I'd be golden. The bubbles start to pop on his ears and then it causes the bubbles to just start collecting and becomes a huge mess. I try wiping it down with a towel every few minutes, but that is a huge pain.

If you figure it out, let me know! We had the same problem with our Mickey bubble maker and never had the problem with our Ariel one, so I wasn’t sure what was causing it. This explains it!

Is that the older or younger daughter? I'm assuming the older one?

Older one

Ariel is not at 1900 Park Fare. Just Akershus, CRT and breakfast at Boardwalk place. But then you'd have to fight off Prince Eric.

Nah... she's overdressed in all of those. I'll meet her in her grotto.

did I mention I like hyperbole?

I thought it was actually quite nice so long as the sun was out and there wasn't a lot of wind.

Wind. The great equalizer.

once she got my fleece she was all good. She was still a little tired at this point during the trip. There hadn't been a whole lot of down time.

Hmmm... warm... tired... not much downtime... perfect storm for napping.

The video is even better. She started doing the princess wave to no one in particular as we were moving.

sadly, for some people, they aren't able to get FPs for FOP if they are off site or if their trip is only a few days long.

Good point.

You of all people should have enjoyed that one. I wrote it just for you!

::yes::

Watching disney channel in the hotel room at Disney is probably one of her top 5 things to do. She'd be perfectly happy watching it for a couple hours each day.

And that's perfectly fine too.

Trying to make Ariel jealous?

in that pic -- Tink almost looks like she's leaning in for a kiss. Already has her eyes closed.

That was my very first (planned) character meet. Until then it was either at dinners for the kids or accidental.
I told her to look angry or annoyed, I think.

Love your writing style. Reading this TR actually has me teary eyed because it reminds me of all the special Disney memories I have with my dad from when I was Kat's age. She probably won't realize it until she's older, but you've given your daughter a priceless gift that will only grow more special to her as time goes on. I would give anything to be Kat's age again and ride HM for the first time with my dad, excited and a little scared but knowing I was safe because my dad was right there. I didn't know at the time that this experience would be so important to me later in life. I applaud you for creating these memories together, for encouraging your daughter to try new things that she may be wary of, and for even learning to braid her hair! Daddy daughter bonding is so incredibly valuable.

This is going on my bucket list!

Heads up -- once star wars comes online, I don't think this challenge will be possible anymore...unless on an 18 hour day...which would also mean summer heat and large crowds. So if you're going to try it, do it in the next 11 months.

Love your writing style. Reading this TR actually has me teary eyed because it reminds me of all the special Disney memories I have with my dad from when I was Kat's age. She probably won't realize it until she's older, but you've given your daughter a priceless gift that will only grow more special to her as time goes on. I would give anything to be Kat's age again and ride HM for the first time with my dad, excited and a little scared but knowing I was safe because my dad was right there. I didn't know at the time that this experience would be so important to me later in life. I applaud you for creating these memories together, for encouraging your daughter to try new things that she may be wary of, and for even learning to braid her hair! Daddy daughter bonding is so incredibly valuable.

Thank you for the kind words...but now you got me teary eyed. :sad:

Good thing I'm working from home today...can't lose my street cred at the office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter