D23 ticketed events

MSPeeler

DISnerd
I really have no idea where to post this specific post. I did a search for D23 and came up with nothing. But in my history of searching, I’m terrible.

Admin please move this to the correct thread if needed or let me know where I should be posting, thanks.

My husband and I are members of D23 but have never attended an event and we’re wondering for those who have, what is a typical cost of a ticket for one of these ticketed events such as an anniversary celebration at one of the resorts at Disney World?

We are trying to justify renewing our membership considering we live out of state and during the week we will be in Orlando there is only one event that we would be interested in attending and do not have any information on it other than the dates at the moment. Any information you can provide would be helpful. Thanks

I would be interested to know too. I just recently became a gold member. From a review I read, it's next to impossible to get into any events because they sell out within seconds. I've only been a member for a few weeks and I'm not impressed. I expected some sort of canned email welcoming me, directing me to the D23 website, telling me that I can log into website but there has been nothing. I went to their website on my own and just for kicks, tried logging in and it let me log in and shows that I'm gold member...kinda disappointed that I had to figure that out on my own. Although maybe anyone with a Disney account can log in and being a member doesn't get you access to any special content....don't know. Not sure what else I may be missing. Thankfully the membership was something free that DH received because of all the Disney movies we buy.

I would be interested to know too. I just recently became a gold member. From a review I read, it's next to impossible to get into any events because they sell out within seconds. I've only been a member for a few weeks and I'm not impressed. I expected some sort of canned email welcoming me, directing me to the D23 website, telling me that I can log into website but there has been nothing. I went to their website on my own and just for kicks, tried logging in and it let me log in and shows that I'm gold member...kinda disappointed that I had to figure that out on my own. Although maybe anyone with a Disney account can log in and being a member doesn't get you access to any special content....don't know. Not sure what else I may be missing. Thankfully the membership was something free that DH received because of all the Disney movies we buy.

Interesting about it being sold out that quickly. If the tickets cost more than the membership, I don't think that's worth it unless it's something you're really interested in doing, and I haven't seen anything that catches my eye for the time I'll be there....

Our membership is gold but certainly wasn't free, LOL. That's why we are trying to determine if it is worth renewing. So far, we've only received the "twenty three" magazine things in the mail every few months (haven't even opened them), and the "Nine Old Men" collectible package. Not sure that's worth it, but we like the collector things.

Anyone know pricing?

Hi! I've never been a D23 Gold member but was recently looking into joining. I'd love to hear more comments on this thread!

I don't buy a lot of Disney merchandise, I do like keeping up on Disney news, and I take a trip once to twice a year. So I'm not sure if the $80 will be worth it? I love being able to attend exclusive events but if it's hard to get tickets then that doesn't seem like a perk. Are there any perks when you are at WDW?

Hi y'all! I've been a gold member for about a year, I mainly bought it to go the expo last year.

I've only been to one event so far, it was a showing for the Peter Pan movie. It cost about $30, which included a special presentation before the movie, free popcorn and drink, and a print. It was fun, the coordinators are really nice.

The big events do sell out very quick. I did get my ticket to the Marceline trip only because I was on the site as soon as it was released. It sold out 10 minutes later. The big tickets usually run around the $275 mark, but some events are cheaper. Personally I like attending exclusive events and doing "rare" things so it's worth it for me. I haven't used any of the discounts they offer through the membership yet, but that also seems like a good deal.

Hi y'all! I've been a gold member for about a year, I mainly bought it to go the expo last year.

I've only been to one event so far, it was a showing for the Peter Pan movie. It cost about $30, which included a special presentation before the movie, free popcorn and drink, and a print. It was fun, the coordinators are really nice.

The big events do sell out very quick. I did get my ticket to the Marceline trip only because I was on the site as soon as it was released. It sold out 10 minutes later. The big tickets usually run around the $275 mark, but some events are cheaper. Personally I like attending exclusive events and doing "rare" things so it's worth it for me. I haven't used any of the discounts they offer through the membership yet, but that also seems like a good deal.
Thank You!!

I haven't done an event yet, just joined at gold in the last 6 months so that I can attend Destination D next Fall. Most of the discounts seem to be similar to Disney Visa benefits. However, I did get a bit of a discount at the HoJo on Harbor Blvd near Disneyland. I wasn't expecting that. We don't live near any of the events, but it looked like they were branching out beyond Orlando and LA this year. I saw some Wrinkle in Time previews that were in Houston and other cities. I think the cost really depends upon the event. Movie showings seem to be pretty reasonable and sometimes free. Big events, like Destination D, D23 Expo, and the Marceline event are much more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter