D23 Rumors and Info

Jonfw2

DIS Veteran
Here we go! With D23 comes all the fun of "what will they say???" Feel free to post here!

Expect this d23 to be loaded with announcements about attractions, shows, parades, resorts,...and a lot of it won't ever actually happen. They're going to use the next few years to dampen hype for Epic Universe. No better way to do that than to give the impression that WDW has a ton of stuff going on and coming up in the next few years.

Of course Disney has to do something to actually combat Epic Universe. If we're allowed to post predictions here mine:

Animal Kingdom - Since that dino ride is finally demolished obviously the update to that part of that park has to be announced. Whatever they announce here will most likely happen along with some healthy budget cuts during its creation. Indiana Jones replacing Dino and the live action show moving from Hollywood to Dino Land is my guess. Lastly the Bone Yard area will be a meet and greet and receive a nice update. Or they will just turn it all into Zootopia land and over promise, under deliver...

Hollywood Studios - If they do move Indiana Jones to animal kingdom expect a small to medium sized expansion to be announced (who knows what IP) or the show will simply be replaced by a live action Star Wars show. Also I could see Paint The Night coming to Hollywood. Lastly, a total never-going-to-happen announcement being made. Maybe a big Monsters Inc, or Incredibles land that ends up being a small themed restaurant and crappy screen filled ride that nobody wants.

Epcot - new concept art for anything that isn't finished or was put on hold. My head in the clouds prediction would be a new country pavilion but I don't think the current state of the world now or next year will be in any shape to announce that yet.

Now the big one, Magic Kingdom - The stuff they announced for MK I can see actually happening. An expansion to fantasy land including a very high-tech Tiana ride or experience (mainly because I don't think they will retheme Splash in WDW. It makes no sense financially). Tiana headlines the expansion, and it includes a Beauty and the Beast dark ride clone of the overseas ride. The fantasy land expansion will include elements of the big new expansion in Japan that has frozen and Peter Pan stuff in it. The Main Street theater will be reannounced. Also a major new attraction or two will be announced for the space currently occupied by the defunct stitch meet and greet and the monsters inc comedy show across the street.

Animal Kingdom - Since that dino ride is finally demolished obviously the update to that part of that park has to be announced. Whatever they announce here will most likely happen along with some healthy budget cuts during its creation. Indiana Jones replacing Dino and the live action show moving from Hollywood to Dino Land is my guess. Lastly the Bone Yard area will be a meet and greet and receive a nice update. Or they will just turn it all into Zootopia land and over promise, under deliver...

What does IJ have to do with DAK?

What does IJ have to do with DAK?

Absolutely nothing. But they can find a way to tie it in, same as Pandora, an alien planet.

There have been well sourced rumors of Indiana Jones coming to AK for a while. Considering that the ride system and track layout for dinosaur is the same as Indiana Jones in Disneyland, it would be a huge cost savings to re-theme it. The Bone Yard is already basically "themed" for Indy, just add some elements to it. Again, a cheap win for Chapek. Lastly, the IJ show in Hollywood moving to AK would be another big win on the cost savings front. Only issue is the loud sound effects.

The whole land can be done for an absolute fraction of something like Pandora.

I'm not saying I want this...just so you know. I'm looking at current leadership and trying to think of the most likely things they might do.

Absolutely nothing. But they can find a way to tie it in, same as Pandora, an alien planet.

There have been well sourced rumors of Indiana Jones coming to AK for a while. Considering that the ride system and track layout for dinosaur is the same as Indiana Jones in Disneyland, it would be a huge cost savings to re-theme it. The Bone Yard is already basically "themed" for Indy, just add some elements to it. Again, a cheap win for Chapek. Lastly, the IJ show in Hollywood moving to AK would be another big win on the cost savings front. Only issue is the loud sound effects.

The whole land can be done for an absolute fraction of something like Pandora.

I'm not saying I want this...just so you know. I'm looking at current leadership and trying to think of the most likely things they might do.
Cool - I just hadn't heard it!

I think we'll get details in the new MK resort. That's not a shiny new ride or some technological advancement... But still.

Is there a day the main news comes out this weekend

Ask and you shall receive:

9 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET: Morning Presentations, including:

• Destination D23 Welcome
  • Connections: A Look at the Future of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products – Around the world, we’re re-establishing connections—returning to our happy places with the people who mean the most to us, and making brand-new memories. In this session, DPEP Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share how, even in the most difficult of times, Disney continues to inspire and unite us through connections to beloved people and places… to treasured hopes and dreams… and to the power of magic and endless possibilities. You’ll get a first look at some of the newest projects around the world, and of course a little Disney magic along the way.

Ask and you shall receive:

9 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET: Morning Presentations, including:

• Destination D23 Welcome
  • Connections: A Look at the Future of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products – Around the world, we’re re-establishing connections—returning to our happy places with the people who mean the most to us, and making brand-new memories. In this session, DPEP Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share how, even in the most difficult of times, Disney continues to inspire and unite us through connections to beloved people and places… to treasured hopes and dreams… and to the power of magic and endless possibilities. You’ll get a first look at some of the newest projects around the world, and of course a little Disney magic along the way.
Is that the Saturday

First thing I've heard is that Disney will be shipping the Paint the Night Parade east and debuting it soon as WDW. Interestingly, there is apparently some discussion about doing it at Hollywood vs. the obvious choice of Magic Kingdom, but we shall see!

Actually, doing this to distribute night entertainment crowds between 3 parks is a pretty smart thing to do.

Since Fantasmic closed, for COVID, there is nothing to keep HS visitors at HS for the evening.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter