• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Meet-up Thread

Tiggerette

You are *so much* my type of nerd!!
Hi DISers! Looking forward to the D23 weekend. I thought it might be helpful to have a thread to help coordinate any informal meet-ups. If a meet-up has a host, the host simply welcomes DISers to the event, looks out for new folks, etc. The host doesn't pay for the event; hosting is more about connecting community.

Thursday Meetups:

Friday Meetups: Hilton Anaheim, 8pm, "Lobby-con”
Plan B spot enabled! (pin trading is set up in plan a area) come to the comfy couch area behind the elevators! yay!
Come relax with fellow DISers. We'll hang out where space allows just outside the bar area: 1st choice, the comfy couch area immediately left facing the bar (not the registration desk area) or 2nd choice, comfy couches behind the bar just past the elevators. Kids welcome. Host: Tigger-ette. (She'll be in an Organge Bird Dress with Tigger ears)

Saturday Meetups: Oogie Boogie Bash, 6:45pm, Crossroads at CarsLand (Closest to CozyCone). Come meet up and enjoy the special song and lights that happen at sunset in Carsland. Sunset is at 7:04pm on Sept 10. On Tues Night, the special song/light happened around 7:10ish. Host: Tigger-ette. (She'll be wearing RayRay the Firefly with second-line parasol.)

Sunday Meetups:

Last edited:
Orange bird dress with Tigger ears, I love it! DH and I haven't planned outfits yet lol but are interested in meeting DISers

I am short with short blue hair (lighter than my avatar pic). I will be dressed as a Loki variant on Friday and Sunday; not actual Loki but made up variants. I will have a Miss Minutes and Alligator Loki plushes on those days. Saturday, I will be dressed as Agatha Harkness for the Expo and Oogie Boogie. Definitely say hi if you see me. I don't know if I will make it over to the Hilton. We will be at Oogie Boogie.

I probably won’t make it Friday as I’m planning to head to the parks right after the expo to get dinner and watch Halloween screams and unfortunately I am not attending Oogie boogie this year.

I'm fairly new to the DIS (at least as a participant rather than a lurker), but I'll try to stop by to both if I can.

Dumb question: The "crossroads" is outside of Luigi's Roadsters?

I'm fairly new to the DIS (at least as a participant rather than a lurker), but I'll try to stop by to both if I can.

Dumb question: The "crossroads" is outside of Luigi's Roadsters?
Actually, it's a wonderful question, cause I realized there are four corners to the crossroads there. We could meet at the Dis de los Muertos car for a photo together. I'm open to other ideas, especially since I'm not a DCA local. Thanks again for the question!
PS I also adjusted the time to 6:45pm because tonight the special song didn't start till 7:10pm-ish. :)

Actually, it's a wonderful question, cause I realized there are four corners to the crossroads there. We could meet at the Dis de los Muertos car for a photo together. I'm open to other ideas, especially since I'm not a DCA local. Thanks again for the question!
PS I also adjusted the time to 6:45pm because tonight the special song didn't start till 7:10pm-ish. :)
If it started at 7:10 tonight it will probably be at 7:05 on Saturday if the sunset is at 7:04.

Unfortunately, I cannot make Sat. meetup we are not going to Oogie Boogie bash until the 13th, didn't want to deal with the HUGE crowd on D23 night - and I'll be surprised if the party is really anything super special, so we skipped that night. Made other plans. Friday night we made plans to do something else before the announced the "unofficical" meet up. I'm bummed there is not an official meet up with Craig and Ryno. :( If by some reason our plans on Friday night don't happen and we aren't completely exhausted, I will try to find you all. Have fun!

Unfortunately, I cannot make Sat. meetup we are not going to Oogie Boogie bash until the 13th, didn't want to deal with the HUGE crowd on D23 night - and I'll be surprised if the party is really anything super special, so we skipped that night. Made other plans. Friday night we made plans to do something else before the announced the "unofficical" meet up. I'm bummed there is not an official meet up with Craig and Ryno. :( If by some reason our plans on Friday night don't happen and we aren't completely exhausted, I will try to find you all. Have fun!
Yeah, too bad there's no official meet up.
But we don't know if there will be a huge crowd on D23 night. It might have had the same guest cap as all other OBB nights.

I’m planning to watch the Carsland lights turn on tonight if anyone wants to meet up then. I will also be watching the Halloween streams productions tonight if anyone wants to meet up for that.

I’m planning to watch the Carsland lights turn on tonight if anyone wants to meet up then. I will also be watching the Halloween streams productions tonight if anyone wants to meet up for that.
I'm not in park today, but I love that you're inviting folx! Yay! What is the "Halloween streams productions"?

I’ll be over by the citizen clock on Main Street across from the candy palace around 9:15 if anyone is in the parks and wants to join.

The app doesn't work well at all on our Android phones. Our friend has an iPhone and it works well

Hi DISers! Looking forward to the D23 weekend. I thought it might be helpful to have a thread to help coordinate any informal meet-ups. If a meet-up has a host, the host simply welcomes DISers to the event, looks out for new folks, etc. The host doesn't pay for the event; hosting is more about connecting community.

Thursday Meetups:

Friday Meetups: Hilton Anaheim, 8pm, "Lobby-con" Come relax with fellow DISers. We'll hang out where space allows just outside the bar area: 1st choice, the comfy couch area immediately left facing the bar (not the registration desk area) or 2nd choice, comfy couches behind the bar just past the elevators. Kids welcome. Host: Tigger-ette. (She'll be in an Organge Bird Dress with Tigger ears)

Saturday Meetups: Oogie Boogie Bash, 6:45pm, Crossroads at CarsLand. Come meet up and enjoy the special song and lights that happen at sunset in Carsland. Sunset is at 7:04pm on Sept 10. On Tues Night, the special song/light happened around 7:10ish. Host: Tigger-ette. (She'll be wearing RayRay the Firefly with second-line parasol.)

Sunday Meetups:
How late are you planning to stay at the Hilton lobby tonight? I may try to stop by but it will likely be between 8:30-9. The rain has changed up my evening plans.

How late are you planning to stay at the Hilton lobby tonight? I may try to stop by but it will likely be between 8:30-9. The rain has changed up my evening plans.
Great question! It sounds like some folks will be coming by, so I am comity to hanging out in the Hilton lobby (either in the comfy couch section just left of the bar, or the comfy couches behind the elevators.) I'll be in an Orange Bird dress and Tigger ears :) Looking forward to seeing you!

Great question! It sounds like some folks will be coming by, so I am comity to hanging out in the Hilton lobby (either in the comfy couch section just left of the bar, or the comfy couches behind the elevators.) I'll be in an Orange Bird dress and Tigger ears :) Looking forward to seeing you!
Great! I’ll message on the boards when I am on my way over. just got back to the hotel and need to drop stuff/change before grabbing dinner up at the parks then I’ll be by.

Plan B spot enabled! (pin trading is set up in plan a area) come to the comfy couch area behind the elevators! yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter