• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

I sent D23 an email. They said to wait until Wednesday, September 7, to see if I get an email☹️ I fly out at 5am Thursday and that’s only 2 days before the expo starts, so that’s going to be tough.
I also sent them an email. They said there was a batch that is gonna need to be resent. Of course im in that batch. But there selection process is still messed up. They told me i got the live princess concert on Sunday but thats also part of the preferred seats. So that randomization is an epic failure since i couldn't select it and i still got it.
Missed out again on box lunch reservations

Did they say when they were going to resend them?
Nope but he told me I got princess concert which I replied back saying I have preferred pass so I already could attend the princess concert, and I didn't pick the event. So I'm waiting to hear back from them

Nope but he told me I got princess concert which I replied back saying I have preferred pass so I already could attend the princess concert, and I didn't pick the event. So I'm waiting to hear back from them
Just got my email too and got the same thing with a preferred badge. I think this is the default panel the software picks if it couldn't randomly pick anything. D23 probably thinks this is a good panel, and it would have a lot of availability, ie it's not a good panel and it's late in the day on the last day. I saw many people get this panel and only this panel, when they hadn't selected it. You can contact them, but I suspect this is what we are getting. Thank goodness I have preferred and friends with a +1 availability for non-Hall D23 panels. I also didn't really care about signings or giveaways.

Just got my email too and got the same thing with a preferred badge. I think this is the default panel the software picks if it couldn't randomly pick anything. D23 probably thinks this is a good panel, and it would have a lot of availability, ie it's not a good panel and it's late in the day on the last day. I saw many people get this panel and only this panel, when they hadn't selected it. You can contact them, but I suspect this is what we are getting. Thank goodness I have preferred and friends with a +1 availability for non-Hall D23 panels. I also didn't really care about signings or giveaways.
I emailed them back again saying I didn't pick it and their system if flawed. Id rather they email me saying I didn't get anything versus sending me a panel that I actually already got. That way I know the system is working. Id rather get a signing or a give away then to a panel that I already have a pass to.

I emailed them back again saying I didn't pick it and their system if flawed. Id rather they email me saying I didn't get anything versus sending me a panel that I actually already got. That way I know the system is working. Id rather get a signing or a give away then to a panel that I already have a pass to.
I sent them an email explaining this too. I also explained how they need to improve this process, communication, and security. Last time, I almost got trampled, and I saw people get trampled for the Haunted Mansion panel. I am short and have a good gut feeling for when things seem to be getting bad crowd-wise, so I started quickly moving away and then there was a rush and people got knocked down. I don't think anyone was seriously hurt though. Oh well, knew it would be some sort of cluster going into it.

A suggestion for those of you getting stressed out - For each day, pick one panel (large or small) and one activity (shopping, talent) even if you need to be on a standby line. Then spend the rest of each day just walking around the convention center not knowing what you'll serendipitously happen upon. Otherwise your experience might be more like Supermarket Sweep or (heaven forbid) the Squid Game.

This. Sometimes I end up not getting something I thought I wanted and the backup option ends up being even better. No matter how frustrating some of the logistics are, I never regret going and I always have multiple amazing experiences.
Some of my favorite experiences are things I wasn’t 100% on that turned out awesome!

Anything Archives driven, panels on smaller shows or projects, etc.!

Are they really gonna be strict about not letting you bring in sealed bottles of water? Or if you bring in snacks like the cliff bars or belvita crackers?
I saw someone above say that they did make people throw out snacks so that could happen, though from my own personal experience, I've brought in a lot of food and water and never had an issue and they've always had the written policy of no outside food or drink. I've gone to every day of the expo since 2011 and I usually bring a home made lunch and snacks wrapped in saran wrap or ziploc bags, so maybe if it looks like something you can't buy, they were ok with it? I also usually bring my day long hike Camelbak filled with ice water and have never had an issue with that either.

One memory of a past expo that made me laugh was before the studio panel, all electronics had to be placed in a sealed plastic bag and they're very strict about it. One man was wearing khaki shorts with a square bulge in the side pocket and the guard yelled "what is that! is that a camera?!" and he struggled to take it out as it was packed pretty tightly, but it was a rice krispie treat wrapped in saran wrap lol. He was allowed through with the rice krispie treat.

Since its my first expo, after the expo ends do they have a feedback panel of how u can address any concerns or issues. Im getting tired of emailing d23 about the rsp selection and i don't think their getting it. They keep saying everything was random and based on availability. Like i already have access to it. So why am i getting selected for it by their rules initially I shouldn't have been picked for it. Like my princess concert pass that i got randomly selected could have gone to someone else who doesn't have a pass.

Since its my first expo, after the expo ends do they have a feedback panel of how u can address any concerns or issues. Im getting tired of emailing d23 about the rsp selection and i don't think their getting it. They keep saying everything was random and based on availability. Like i already have access to it. So why am i getting selected for it by their rules initially I shouldn't have been picked for it. Like my princess concert pass that i got randomly selected could have gone to someone else who doesn't have a pass.
I got the same response. I assumed that's what would happen. Any spots you don't use can be used by the standby line. So, unless the panel doesn't fill, which princess may not, the spot will probably get filled. Maybe there's a survey afterward, but I don't remember.

I also sent them an email. They said there was a batch that is gonna need to be resent. Of course im in that batch. But there selection process is still messed up. They told me i got the live princess concert on Sunday but thats also part of the preferred seats. So that randomization is an epic failure since i couldn't select it and i still got it.

Missed out again on box lunch reservations

What email address are you emailing?

I got no email either. I also didn’t get any confirmation email for my selection. Makes me think it never saved to begin with. Sigh.

Other general question… I know no one has any idea about this, but what’s going to happen outside the main door before 5am? They say no queuing? So it is just going to be a giant mob fighting to get to the front door? Seems like a disaster in the making.

I also have an ECV, so my ability to “fight” through a crowd all trying to push through doors is gonna be questionable. I mean, technically I suppose I’d be able to “push” just fine, but uh…. I don’t want to treat fellow convention goers as ECV speed bumps. :)

Can I queue up in line in an ECV? At least it means I’ll have my own seat.

What email address are you emailing?

I got no email either. I also didn’t get any confirmation email for my selection. Makes me think it never saved to begin with. Sigh.

guestrelations@d23.com

Other general question… I know no one has any idea about this, but what’s going to happen outside the main door before 5am? They say no queuing? So it is just going to be a giant mob fighting to get to the front door? Seems like a disaster in the making.

I also have an ECV, so my ability to “fight” through a crowd all trying to push through doors is gonna be questionable. I mean, technically I suppose I’d be able to “push” just fine, but uh…. I don’t want to treat fellow convention goers as ECV speed bumps. :)

Can I queue up in line in an ECV? At least it means I’ll have my own seat.

They said that people can start queueing at 4:30am. The convention center is supposed to open at 5am. The Anaheim police and security are supposedly going to patrol and not allow queueing around the convention center before 4:30am. There are going to be 5 entrance points dispersed around the building. I think that info is in the app. People won't be pushing through doors, at least not outside. People will have to go through bag check/search, like at Disneyland, and a metal detector. Your badge will also need to be scanned. This is all before you can enter the convention center building. I haven't seen any mob or pushing outside of the convention center. I think they will direct people to queue at the specific stage or area to which they are heading. I don't know about ECVs. Sorry. I would presume you can stay in your ECV in line.

Btw in the app, right now it says “For the health and safety of all guests, overnight queuing is not available for D23 Expo 2022. Additional entry instructions, including entry queue start times, will be provided in the weeks leading up to the event.”

They’re really stretching the definition of “weeks leading up to the event” there. Lol.

I haven't seen anything, but I'm not on the FaceBook. I'm happy to meet up with DISers during the sunset lighting at Cars Land during Oogie Boogie Bash, and Friday evening at the Hilton. Should I make a separate thread in the DIS Unplugged forum, or is there a different location that's more preferable?
Is there a meet up set for sure? We arrive Thursday lunchtime, staying at the Westin, moving to DL Hotel on Sunday. Please send me a message on FB, Instagram too.

Annette

Last edited:
Couple questions and apologies if they have been answered earlier.

First - for the big Hall D23 morning panels if you got an RSP for one and we have to be in line an hour before start, when should I head over to the ACC? I wouldn’t think I should have to be there at 4:30am if I have a guaranteed spot? But I also could be clueless!

Second - in previous years did they put limits on merch?

thanks! Starting to get equal parts nervous & excited. Not thrilled the forecast is still looking to be hot next week though.

First - for the big Hall D23 morning panels if you got an RSP for one and we have to be in line an hour before start, when should I head over to the ACC? I wouldn’t think I should have to be there at 4:30am if I have a guaranteed spot? But I also could be clueless!

thanks! Starting to get equal parts nervous & excited. Not thrilled the forecast is still looking to be hot next week though.
I had stage passes in 2019 for the Saturday morning movies panel and the Sunday morning parks panel, I headed over around around 6:30/7am those days. On Friday I went for the show floor and headed over around 5:30am, my stage pass was for the afternoon hall panel.

I know for MOG it was 1 per sku per size per transaction. The limits varied by item in the Disney store and dream store. This year the Disney store and dream store are combined into the big expo marketplace.

I had stage passes in 2019 for the Saturday morning movies panel and the Sunday morning parks panel, I headed over around around 6:30/7am those days. On Friday I went for the show floor and headed over around 5:30am, my stage pass was for the afternoon hall panel.

I know for MOG it was 1 per sku per size per transaction. The limits varied by item in the Disney store and dream store. This year the Disney store and dream store are combined into the big expo marketplace.
Thank you! 😀

You need to allow enough time to get into the building through the bag search, metal detectors, and badge scan. Friday is more of an unknown. Sometimes it’s not long, maybe 30 minutes to an hour, but some years it has taken 3 hours. It’s hard to tell what will happen this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter