D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, we are so close to booking a room for only one night just to see SWGE. I want to verify something before we do...if we book next Friday 6/14, will we get SWGE reservations for 6/15? And if we don’t, I can call and request a change to 6/15? Are they pretty flexible about changes? Reason being is we will not arrive until late on 6/14 (driving from NorCal) I tried to search to find my answer and this is what I got so far. Sorry In advance if I missed something obvious. Thank you!!

I think I read somewhere that you have to book direct with Disney. If you do a 3rd party, it won’t apply for the reservations. Unfortunately I can’t find it anywhere, so I would call Disney direct to make sure before pulling that trigger!
I called Disney and asked this specific question, and they said as long as you have a reservation at one of the Disneyland resort hotels, you get a SWGE reservation. I asked because we are wanting to book a room through Amex travel to use our rewards. Has anyone booked not through Disney directly and gotten a SWGE reservation? Now I am worried!

Ok, we are so close to booking a room for only one night just to see SWGE. I want to verify something before we do...if we book next Friday 6/14, will we get SWGE reservations for 6/15? And if we don’t, I can call and request a change to 6/15? Are they pretty flexible about changes? Reason being is we will not arrive until late on 6/14 (driving from NorCal) I tried to search to find my answer and this is what I got so far. Sorry In advance if I missed something obvious. Thank you!!

If you don’t get the date and time that works for you, you can call them and see if you can change. They can change it if they have that date and time that you want available. You have to wait to get the email first which takes a couple of days. I tried calling the day after booking the hotel to request a date and they told me to wait for the email.

Thank you all. I’m ready for tomorrow morning with my 8am reservation thanks to all this info. I plan on going to the cantina first, so my question is where do I walk to get there the quickest. Thanks in advance

We can be crazy together :) Thanks for the head's up on how the reservation times will work--and for the phone number. As we are driving back that day, I'd definitely prefer one of the first two time slots. Keep me posted on when you hear.

Sorry, meant to quote this earlier. Count me and my friend in for the crazy! We will have late late arrival Friday night and will see SWGE Saturday (reeeaaaally hoping they don't give us a "day of arrival" Friday reservation now!) and have to drive back Saturday evening.
I'd think so. You could always just get the photos on a Photopass card and link it another day, but I don't think they'd turn off your Photopass access?
I would hope not! Guess I will find out... But yes I will get the card... good idea. Thank you!

Yay! That’s what we’re doing...arriving late Friday, hit the park Saturday then back home late Saturday! Are you going this weekend? We’ll be there then, 11-3 reservation for Sat, got the email this morning. I was told they try to give hotel guests the first two slots of the day. Have fun!!!

I hope so ! Sounds like the 8am is the way to go! And yes this weekend! My friend (who also lives in Phoenix) got a military rate for one night. I was shocked she got one so late into the game but here we are!

Thank you all. I’m ready for tomorrow morning with my 8am reservation thanks to all this info. I plan on going to the cantina first, so my question is where do I walk to get there the quickest. Thanks in advance

When you queue up a CM comes and explains what will happen. They will have a stick with a orange flag on. Walk behind them and follow them to where the queue will start. You will enter through the Big Thunder trail.

I called Disney and asked this specific question, and they said as long as you have a reservation at one of the Disneyland resort hotels, you get a SWGE reservation. I asked because we are wanting to book a room through Amex travel to use our rewards. Has anyone booked not through Disney directly and gotten a SWGE reservation? Now I am worried!

I booked through Costco and got a reservation.

Anyone know if we still get the SWGE reservation if we book an on-site hotel through something like Expedia instead of direct through the Disneyland website? Expedia has PPH hotel available but the DL website does not. Weird?
Yes. I booked through CheapTickets. I normally book direct but the only available room were premium rooms.
However, I did not get an email with a QR code. But I called and they told me my time. I could not add names over the phone. I took care of this upon check in and at the hotel Galaxy Edge reception. They were able to give you a printout and make corrections.

Has anyone been successful at taking 2 kids in to the Droid building experience with you? I have a 13 year old and a 3 year old. Obviously neither can go in alone, and I can’t leave the 3 year old outside. The 13 year old will build, the 3 year old won’t. Are they being reasonable about the 1 guest rule?

ETA- I’m not dropping $100 on a droid if I can’t even watch her build it lol
I didn’t know they had this rule. We were there on Sunday. DH and my 9 year old built one, while my 3 year old and I watched. It helped that we were at the end, so I can watch from the side.
The conveyer belt area was pretty crowded and they didn’t really stop anyone.

... I'll be there on June 24 to experience (or just observe) the opening.
And we'll be here eagerly waiting for your report!

... I would also advise you to consider making sure you are in the land for the fireworks around 9:30. The launch site is right behind GE, so the view of fireworks exploding above the spires and Millennium Falcon is pretty amazing!
This is one reason we booked a late time slot -- it's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in GE! (You'll probably find me blubbering in the designated crying zone.)

A thought on Oga’s... if ROTR really is close to opening in late summer or fall as some rumors suggest, could that possibly be the people eater that Oga’s needs to manage it’s crowds? Maybe Disney doesn’t need to do anything more than carry on with its plan.

I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers so no pictures - but for those who've been, what is the best food item/items to get? I'm going on Sunday 6/9!

A thought on Oga’s... if ROTR really is close to opening in late summer or fall as some rumors suggest, could that possibly be the people eater that Oga’s needs to manage it’s crowds? Maybe Disney doesn’t need to do anything more than carry on with its plan.
Well, probably. However, at some point rides will go down and people will wait it out in the Cantina. So, at the very least this experience is good for them to figure out the best way to handle WHEN this scenario plays out outside of reservation periods. Now, people only have 4 hours and are rushing it to get in when they don't have more time. Later, that won't be a concern, but this current scenario is a good test case for when RotR and/or MFSR go down.

Has anyone found links to park maps with GE included? I'd love to print out a map before we leave but I can only find non updated ones to print out.

No. Not at all. Oga’s is so small and so cool and also the only place to drink in DL... it’s going to be insanely popular forever. The lines for something like the Cove Bar or Carthay Lounge or Trader Sam’s will never hold a candle to Oga’s. Oga’s could be five times as big and it would still have insanely higher demand than its capacity.

Also, ROTR won’t be a people-eater. And even if it was, its opening will increase land capacity according to ITS capacity, so there will be more people let into SWGE when it opens. So it may actually make things worse for the Oga situation.

Like a PP, I am very curious how they will handle Oga’s post-reservation-period.

No. Not at all. Oga’s is so small and so cool and also the only place to drink in DL... it’s going to be insanely popular forever. The lines for something like the Cove Bar or Carthay Lounge or Trader Sam’s will never hold a candle to Oga’s. Oga’s could be five times as big and it would still have insanely higher demand than its capacity.

Also, ROTR won’t be a people-eater. And even if it was, its opening will increase land capacity according to ITS capacity, so there will be more people let into SWGE when it opens. So it may actually make things worse for the Oga situation.

Like a PP, I am very curious how they will handle Oga’s post-reservation-period.
from what I've heard ROTR is going to be a people eater. It's suppose to do more an hour than falcon.

I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers so no pictures - but for those who've been, what is the best food item/items to get? I'm going on Sunday 6/9!
Personally, I liked the pot roast the best, but it’s only available at dinner. My friend and I weren’t fans of the shrimp noodle dish (the shrimp was good, but the noodles had a weird taste). My friend also loved the Ronto wrap (I’m too picky and didn’t totally love it). The special drinks at Docking Bay 7 weren’t the best, but I loved the Meiloorun Juice at Ronto Roasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter