D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most logical thing to so is start with the virtual queue at the start of the day, so they won't have a stampede of people running for SWGE.

Got my email as well for an 8am 6/1 reservation. It came from disneydestinations@mail.disneydestinations.com which is a different address from the reservation confirmation email. The subject line was "Your STAR WARS adventure is nearly here!" in case anyone still has not received theirs and is checking their spam/filters.

Yeah got mine and it was in the "Promotions" tab of my gmail so definitely check there !

I got my email too!!! We go on 6/7 with a 8 AM reservation! Can't wait to start seeing the reports and how it goes for those with 8 AM reservations!

So this was probably mentioned already but if you have an 8am reservation, they will let you into Disneyland at 6am in order to go check-in at Star Wars Launch Bay. And from my understanding, you will be able to stay in the park and walk around until 8. That's cool.

We have a free reservation and a hotel-linked reservation for the same day on the last weekend of the reservation period. I got an email about the free reservation today, as others did, but nothing more than the initial email about the hotel reservation.

We just left the GCH hotel this afternoon (yes, two trips in 3 weeks is crazy, but this Memorial Day trip was planned before the SWGE dates were announced). It was crawling with media from all over the world. They had large rooms in the convention area of the hotel blocked off for SW Media guests. Many of them told us they had previews today or tomorrow. I didn’t ask about the ban on publishing anything yet. The excitement is building for sure.

Many of the CMs we spoke to this weekend had already done their CM previews and said it was awesome. There were SO many people walking through the parks with droids and light sabers. Some had the light sabers out of the case, and they looked very cool, but a little delicate to me to be walking through the park with. I could not tell what material they were made of. If the number of preview folks buying all this merch is any indication, those places are going to be mobbed when the regular guests get in this weekend. I was thinking about how much money they will make on just those two types of merchandise alone. Almost everyone I saw with a droid or a light saber was an adult. Probably because most people are telling their kids what I am telling mine: bring your own money or it’s a no-go for a $200 light saber!! Now what to do about my DH...

So this was probably mentioned already but if you have an 8am reservation, they will let you into Disneyland at 6am in order to go check-in at Star Wars Launch Bay. And from my understanding, you will be able to stay in the park and walk around until 8. That's cool.

My son will be way too bored and impatient to have 2 hours in the park with nothing to do. Lol. Though pics on near empty Main St would be cool! Maybe we’ll aim to get there about 7am for our 8am time.

Me too and we have the same reservation date and time.

One thing I’m wondering that doesn’t seem to be addressed is whether or not your entire party must be together to enter the land. I’m a nursing mama leaving my baby at home for this visit and I’m hoping I can skip over to the Baby Care Center to pump after checking in at the Launch Bay... I don’t want my husband and son to have to wait for me in case I have a delay.

I think once you have your wristband on you're good and would not have to enter together. Wristbands I saw this weekend from previews have the QR code, Date, and time window printed on them and have colored borders for different time slots. There was also line at the bottom that had a Star Wars planet or destination. I'm not sure what that's for...

Got my email too for my reservation on the 3rd. I'm also a guest on my friend's on the 14th. My ID says Christopher but I'm Chris on the Reservation. They aren't going to be THAT strict, right?

Got my email too for my reservation on the 3rd. I'm also a guest on my friend's on the 14th. My ID says Christopher but I'm Chris on the Reservation. They aren't going to be THAT strict, right?

Lol I think you'll be okay

My son will be way too bored and impatient to have 2 hours in the park with nothing to do. Lol. Though pics on near empty Main St would be cool! Maybe we’ll aim to get there about 7am for our 8am time.

This is a good point. Should I just line up once I check-in or go to Main Street? My plan is to go to Savi's to build my saber first thing after entering at 8am.

We just left the GCH hotel this afternoon (yes, two trips in 3 weeks is crazy, but this Memorial Day trip was planned before the SWGE dates were announced). It was crawling with media from all over the world. They had large rooms in the convention area of the hotel blocked off for SW Media guests. Many of them told us they had previews today or tomorrow. I didn’t ask about the ban on publishing anything yet. The excitement is building for sure.

Many of the CMs we spoke to this weekend had already done their CM previews and said it was awesome. There were SO many people walking through the parks with droids and light sabers. Some had the light sabers out of the case, and they looked very cool, but a little delicate to me to be walking through the park with. I could not tell what material they were made of. If the number of preview folks buying all this merch is any indication, those places are going to be mobbed when the regular guests get in this weekend. I was thinking about how much money they will make on just those two types of merchandise alone. Almost everyone I saw with a droid or a light saber was an adult. Probably because most people are telling their kids what I am telling mine: bring your own money or it’s a no-go for a $200 light saber!! Now what to do about my DH...

My DH brought a $500 GC to spend in his CM preview with DD#2, and said he could have spent that much and more between just Savi's and the Droid Depot. He ended up getting a lightsaber, a droid, a holocron, an extra kybercrystal, a keychain for me, and a couple of things for DD as a thank you (a Porg and a BB8 headband), as well as a couple of things from DCA for SoIL and candy for GS#2. He wants to get more kyber crystals, the other holocron, the other droid, Jedi robes (they will actually carry his size at some point, but for previews, they did not...ftr, he wears a 3XL long, because he has gorilla long arms and shoulders), and more...

Stuff was selling out like crazy during the preview and they didn't have everything available during the preview.

So....hide your DH's credit card, lol. Bring cash or a GC, if you're like me, and forget the budget in the heat of shopping!

So my DH and I were planning on not even bothering with the stampede - so if I'm understanding correctly, we wouldn't be able to put our name into virtual queue until the initial stampede has completed? At say, 9:05am? LOL

In other words, we plan on entering DL at 8am for early morning entry on a Tuesday and 8am at DCA on a Wed. We were just going to put our names into the virtual queue the moment we could. I'm not risking my life in a stampede.

But, in the random case the land doesn't fill until 9:45, then the virtual system wouldn't open until then?

I want to see more of people's droid builds. Did they have the backpacks? Can we bring the droids back in another day through security?

So....hide your DH's credit card, lol. Bring cash or a GC, if you're like me, and forget the budget in the heat of shopping!
This is what I plan to do. Just going to get a gift card and put all the money for Star wars on it. So far I only want the droid, but with the personality and backpack. Hopefully they will be available. If it's more than what is on the gift card, I won't get it.

I want to see more of people's droid builds. Did they have the backpacks? Can we bring the droids back in another day through security?
I have a feeling the droid backpacks either aren't available or people haven't posted that they got one. I've seen a few pics and videos now on Facebook from people who went to CM previews. Oh and to add, the BB8 style droids are hard to control and break apart easily. Though you can put them back together

I saw ZERO back packs in the parks for the droids (I saw a post of one on here so I knew what to look for). Everyone had the white cardboard box with the same words on it as the back pack and the same “look out” window as the back pack. I just figured they hadn’t come in yet since I feel these guests would have thrown cash down for that too!

I agree that it seems like the droid backpacks aren’t available. Like twodogs I saw tons of droid boxes being carried around and zero backpacks. I only saw one droid out of the box and it looked pretty cool.

Also saw some people posing/playing with their Savi’s workshop lightsabers in front of the castle Saturday night and they looked fantastic. Still, I just can’t justify the $$.

I have a feeling a droid or two are in our future though. And maybe some creatures. And a holocron. And the R2 headband. And... oh boy. I’m in trouble...

I know it said no rides or entertainment will be open at 6:30, but I wonder if any of the eateries on Main Street will be. Grabbing coffee/breakfast after checking in at Launch Bay is what I’m hoping to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter