• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the reservation lottery. What is the sense of how it went for those looking for reservations? Did it seem like a ton of people got them, or was it really rare? Thanks!
I got in on two devices within 15 minutes. Another friend got in a few minutes after I did the second time and a different friend got in about 40ish minutes in.

Funny, I read it and think just the opposite -- how solid can it be if it's not set in stone? More to the point, if the reservations will not guarantee entrance to SWGE, the outrage will be beyond what Disney can possibly imagine. Any plan that allows for turning away people with valid advance reservations cannot be a very solid plan.
They have left themselves an “out”, saying that even with a reservation, you are not promised to get into the land. Here’s the rub I have with that. I will potentially be flying my family of 4 out for the weekend just to use this reservation (also to do the parks for 2 days, but we will have just been there Memorial Day long weekend so would not be going back this soon without SWGE). I made a reservation yesterday, and we may stay at the GCH (and I’m not sure what that means for the reservations and I’m not trying to start that debate here). If we go to this expense for a 2 day trip primarily to see SWGE, and I have a reservation to enter SWGE, I will be beyond mad if we are denied entry due to I”m not sure what. They know the capacity of the land since they are setting it. So I don’t see how they can deny entry due to “Guest demand” since they control the supply of entries, regardless of demand. So what other reasons would cause them to not be able to honor a reservation?

This is from my confirmation email for my reservation from yesterday:
Access to the experiences in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge may be restricted or unavailable depending on Guest demand and other factors. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open later in 2019. Disney FASTPASS service and Disney MaxPass are unavailable for attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

It was horrendous website design. I don't know how they're going to handle it other than maybe open up more spots and have people fight for them again.

I spoke with a CM this evening and they are allowing people holding a single person reservation to add one guest. I added my wife and she loves me again

888-834-9125 7 AM - 9 PM Pacific time.

I spoke with a CM this evening and they are allowing people holding a single person reservation to add one guest. I added my wife and she loves me again

888-834-9125 7 AM - 9 PM Pacific time.
Saw this and called immediately. I was allowed to add 1 guest to the reservation. Again only those who have a single person reservation. So now I have two reservations for the same day, one on my account and one on my daughters. One for 8-12 and the other for 5-9. Let’s hoping.

Last edited:
I was able to add my sister after forgetting to add her yesterday. I haven’t gotten my confirmation email yet. Has anyone gotten a new confirmation after adding a second person?

I was able to add my sister after forgetting to add her yesterday. I haven’t gotten my confirmation email yet. Has anyone gotten a new confirmation after adding a second person?

The CM I spoke to said no second confirmation would be sent. The added guest would show on their screen at check in. I specifically questioned him about it.

I got a reservation and got an E-Mail with the QR Code, but I was wondering if anything on the reservation shows up on the website or the app? I have logged into both and do not see anything. I am just curious.

They have left themselves an “out”, saying that even with a reservation, you are not promised to get into the land. Here’s the rub I have with that. I will potentially be flying my family of 4 out for the weekend just to use this reservation (also to do the parks for 2 days, but we will have just been there Memorial Day long weekend so would not be going back this soon without SWGE). I made a reservation yesterday, and we may stay at the GCH (and I’m not sure what that means for the reservations and I’m not trying to start that debate here). If we go to this expense for a 2 day trip primarily to see SWGE, and I have a reservation to enter SWGE, I will be beyond mad if we are denied entry due to I”m not sure what. They know the capacity of the land since they are setting it. So I don’t see how they can deny entry due to “Guest demand” since they control the supply of entries, regardless of demand. So what other reasons would cause them to not be able to honor a reservation?

Access to the experiences in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge may be restricted or unavailable depending on Guest demand and other factors. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open later in 2019. Disney FASTPASS service and Disney MaxPass are unavailable for attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
They are basically giving themselves an out in car the only ride in the land breaks down and dramatically reduces capacity (highly likely to happen at some point and us a danger of opening in phases). Given the opening I phases no sense, I think Disney should have some liability in a scenario like you outlined, but if course their lawyers will make sure they dont.

That, and also saying that just because you hold a reservation (or several) does not mean you have an absolute right to access the land. They can cancel anyones reservation at any time. Not saying they will, not saying it would be good customer service. But they have put that into the fine print so if they need to, they can. It could be because of capacity, because someone already gained access to the land, because whatever.

We're also out-of-state, so were extremely fortunate to be able to make the one reservation. I barely got in before our single day to see it was sold out as I read on here - May 31st, so I'm thanking my lucky stars. I doubt they're going to limit access for capacity since, as you said, they do have those numbers and it's restricted access. But they're putting in that fine print so if they tweak their policies or something drastic happens, they're covered.

That, and also saying that just because you hold a reservation (or several) does not mean you have an absolute right to access the land. They can cancel anyones reservation at any time. Not saying they will, not saying it would be good customer service. But they have put that into the fine print so if they need to, they can. It could be because of capacity, because someone already gained access to the land, because whatever.

We're also out-of-state, so were extremely fortunate to be able to make the one reservation. I barely got in before our single day to see it was sold out as I read on here - May 31st, so I'm thanking my lucky stars. I doubt they're going to limit access for capacity since, as you said, they do have those numbers and it's restricted access. But they're putting in that fine print so if they tweak their policies or something drastic happens, they're covered.
I hope all goes well with your opening day trip!!

To be clear, I am talking about just having one reservation per trip and trying to legitimately use it. I understand they have to have an out to fix this ambiguity over being able or not being able to have more than one entry into the Land. But I will be seriously disappointed if we travel all that way and are not let in one time with our one reservation...

I hope all goes well with your opening day trip!!

To be clear, I am talking about just having one reservation per trip and trying to legitimately use it. I understand they have to have an out to fix this ambiguity over being able or not being able to have more than one entry into the Land. But I will be seriously disappointed if we travel all that way and are not let in one time with our one reservation...

Same to you!!

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Are you going near the opening or a few days/weeks after? They'll probably (hopefully) have all the bugs fixed after that initial weekend/week.

The CM I spoke to said no second confirmation would be sent. The added guest would show on their screen at check in. I specifically questioned him about it.

Hmmm that’s interesting, the CM I spoke to said they would reach out via email. I asked as well. I’m thinking of giving it some time and possibly calling back before my trip to confirm.

... It’s been a long time since I’ve arrived for rope drop. How early can we enter through the turnstiles for an 8am opening?
I think that lately they've been allowing guests through the turnstiles up to 30 minutes before RD. Since your reservation date is late, keep reading here to see if that changes once SWGE opens.

... (Whether they will let you leave and return is another question.)
See below in the red part underlined in the section "Visiting the Park."

Here's from my email:
Know Before You Go

Checking In

• Your entire party must be together and present at check-in.
  • You must present the code above, either on your mobile device screen or on paper. The code also appears on your confirmation email.
  • The Primary Guest must be present and show a valid government-issued photo ID or the entire party will be unable to access Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
  • Every adult (age 18 or over) Guest in the party must present a valid government-issued photo ID or such Guest will be unable to access Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
  • Government-issued photo ID includes, without limitation, driver’s license, passport, military ID, government employee ID and permanent resident card.

Visiting The Park

• Valid Disneyland Park admission is required for each Guest.
  • All children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a Guest who is 14 years of age or older.
  • Each Guest who is 3 years of age or older must have a reservation to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
  • You and your party will be required to leave Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at the end of your reservation time period.
  • If you decide to leave Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge before your reservation time is over, you will not be allowed to reenter.

Changes Not Allowed

• No changes can be made to this reservation, including adding or modifying Guests or changing the date or time.
  • Reservations are void if transferred or sold and have no cash value. Unused reservations are forfeited and will not be replaced.

Check Back for More Information

Questions? Please call (888) 834-9125 from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM Pacific Time 7 Days a Week.

Guests staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge during their stay. One reservation per registered Guest. Each Guest is required to have valid theme park admission. If the hotel reservation is cancelled, the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge reservation will be cancelled. Additional restrictions apply.

Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

mail

Last edited:

I saw them reply on Facebook that they wouldn't deny someone entry during their scheduled slot to GE based on capacity if you had a valid reservation and theme park ticket. The verbiage is experiences so I think they talking about what if everyone say crowds into the cantina on arrival, that isn't going to be safe so they'd have to stop allowing people in. Most likely people will spread out but that is the whole point of this reservation period, to allow them to see the flow of the crowd.

Last edited:
I made a hotel reservation this morning... does anyone know how getting the SWGE reservation set up? There's so much here to search through and I haven't found it yet! :(

"Guests staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge during their stay."

I made a hotel reservation this morning... does anyone know how getting the SWGE reservation set up? There's so much here to search through and I haven't found it yet! :(

"Guests staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge during their stay."

You will automatically receive an email from DLR, it may take a couple of days though. You can also call 18888543104 give them your reservation number and they can tell you when your SWGE reservation is.

I made a hotel reservation this morning... does anyone know how getting the SWGE reservation set up?

You dont "set it up" . Which hotel are you staying at? If you are staying at either Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier or Grand California, a Star Wars Galaxys Edge reservation will automatically be applied to your hotel booking. You may or may not recieve a confirmation email. The best thing to do would be to ring Disney, with your hotel booking reference and get them to check the system for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter