• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is interesting my wife has 3 reservations will she be able to to all 3?
Different dates

1 in her name only
1. In my party of 3
1. In my daughters party of 3.

I truly hope most everyone on here was able to get one reservation for their days, especially those who are out-of-state unable to go at a different time.

I wasnt but that's ok. I planned this trip about a year ago and was actually hoping to get in before it opened to avoid the craziness. But then I thought if I cant beat em join em. By the time it finally let me on all of our days were no longer available. Its funny I was a bit disappointed even though I don't even like star wars I thought it would be cool to at least walk around and see it.

One of my employees has room reservation at Disneyland Hotel got in for SWGE on 5/31/19 that way; I'm on the room reservation. My boss made a SWGE reservation for 6/5/19 this morning and added me and my son. I was able to get my own SWGE reservation for 6/18/19 also with my son. So is it possible for those who were listed on more than one reservation to be turned away beyond the first one?

One of my employees has room reservation at Disneyland Hotel got in for SWGE on 5/31/19 that way; I'm on the room reservation. My boss made a SWGE reservation for 6/5/19 this morning and added me and my son. I was able to get my own SWGE reservation for 6/18/19 also with my son. So is it possible for those who were listed on more than one reservation to be turned away beyond the first one?
It's possible. I don't think anyone has a definitive answer tho.

Different dates

1 in her name only
1. In my party of 3

I just asked the same question! We'll have to see how this plays out I guess.

We've never been to D23 and were hoping to go Saturday and Sunday this year. it looks like we may only be able to do one day though. Is that enough time? And which day do we go with? (just me and my 10 year old son)
Historically, Saturday has been the big day, so you might want to do that. But Saturday is usually the most crowded because it sells out. (Think approx. 40,000 of your fellow Disney fans!) If you don't plan to try to "do it all" (because that isn't realistic and is the path to insanity), but have a general idea of things you'd like to experience, one day is fine. It can be fun to have a more laid back day, cruising the show floor, shopping without pressure, and seeing whatever strikes your fancy.

Different dates

1 in her name only
1. In my party of 3
Please report back on what happens, especially when she checks in for reservations 2 and 3. As you're reading, we have posters here who are listed on multiple reservations; so this information will be helpful for them to know.

I think we will have answers by then. My reservations don’t start until. June 10

Actually the one by herself is June 1. We are going to try and go as a party and see what happens a

It seems that it would make sense for Disney to disclose that you can't experience SWGE more than once 5/31/19 - 6/23/19 and that those who are listed on more than one reservation will be turned away.

They would have a very hard time limiting to one per person. There are a lot of John Smiths in the world and they can't ask for more definitive information. I could see them limiting to each account having one reservation which is why I am using my friend's account for the first visit.

I got in about 20 minutes past 1p here (EST) and was one of the ones that missed the tiny plus sign to add my sister. I was so freaked out that I got in that i just lost control and didn't add her. by the time I got back in all the days we're going to be in town were gone.

I wasnt but that's ok. I planned this trip about a year ago and was actually hoping to get in before it opened to avoid the craziness. But then I thought if I cant beat em join em. By the time it finally let me on all of our days were no longer available. Its funny I was a bit disappointed even though I don't even like star wars I thought it would be cool to at least walk around and see it.

:( I'm sorry! Well, hopefully people will be focused on that side of the park so the rest remains empty for you!

I got in about 20 minutes past 1p here (EST) and was one of the ones that missed the tiny plus sign to add my sister. I was so freaked out that I got in that i just lost control and didn't add her. by the time I got back in all the days we're going to be in town were gone.
This happened to me too. I was so confused when all the sudden it was done and said no modifications. I should have been more careful.

My last day in disneyland was supposed to be June 4th and we were spending a few days in LA afterward. By the time I was able to log in everything was gone before June 5th. I booked June 5th and then re-did all our plans. Luckily we were checking out of the hotel on the 5th anyway. It's adding a bunch of complication, but I'm a HUGE star wars fan and am really happy I was able to make it work.

I thought it was kinda odd that about 1.5 hours in...only about 6-7 days gone with seemingly lots of time slots open of on other days...and then in the last 30 minutes or so...they were all the rest of the reservations were gone. almost like they had a 2 hour window allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter