D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, back to the queue page here. Do we think once the time hits, that our page will suddenly change over? Or do we need to reclick the link immediately at 10 am PST?
DO NOT reclick the link, you will likely lose your random queue number and if you aren't in the waiting area before 10, no reservation for you.

This board is moving fast so I am going to re-post my question as I am not intentionally trying to cheat the system, just looking for how to accomplish our goal without cheating the system:

Currently have on-site reservations 6/1 8am-noon for 5 people
Desire to have reservation also include additional relative not staying in hotel room 6/2 2pm-6pm

If your room type can accommodate 6 people, you can modify the reservation to include the person, then call the SW:GE phone number for the reservations made through hotel stay. If your room type only allows max 5, there is no option for 6 through the room stay, unless one of them is under 3 years old.

Then the remaining option is 6 person reservation through the no-cost reservation opening in a few minutes. I understand these to be two different systems, and there appears to be conflicting guidance on the ability to hold both a no-cost reservation and hotel stay, etc. Good luck with your reservation pursuit!

BTW, this will break the camel's back and Disney will be forced to discontinue the monthly pass option for APs. It will be that bad where they need to somehow curb capacity. What's funny, without giving it any thought, I booked a DCA bday dinner for my gf for June 2nd. Didn't even realize it was that weekend. DCA should be fine, but I'm gonna park at The Block and uber in... im not daring driving anywhere near this place that weekend.

When I was there on Monday at 10:30am, it took me almost 2 hours to park and get into security. And that was a Monday, after all Spring Breakers were done. Almost 2 full hours to enter the park - partly due to Disney closing the garage suddenly at 10am and me having to fight through traffic AND Anaheim city construction just to park. So I can't even imagine what it will be like on that May 31st weekend. Reservations-smeservations, that will not stop the locals from flooding the park "to just see it" and be a part of "opening day"... i don't see how you're going to be able to get close. I believe right where Thunder Mountain exits, there will be a huge WALL, where you cant get past that bridge without a reservation... same goes for the other side from Fantasyland - where those double doors are at with the road for vehicles go through, those bathrooms will be the final stop if you don't have a reservation.

BTW, this will break the camel's back and Disney will be forced to discontinue the monthly pass option for APs. It will be that bad where they need to somehow curb capacity. What's funny, without giving it any thought, I booked a DCA bday dinner for my gf for June 2nd. Didn't even realize it was that weekend. DCA should be fine, but I'm gonna park at The Block and uber in... im not daring driving anywhere near this place that weekend.

When I was there on Monday at 10:30am, it took me almost 2 hours to park and get into security. And that was a Monday, after all Spring Breakers were done. Almost 2 full hours to enter the park - partly due to Disney closing the garage suddenly at 10am and me having to fight through traffic AND Anaheim city construction just to park. So I can't even imagine what it will be like on that May 31st weekend. Reservations-smeservations, that will not stop the locals from flooding the park "to just see it" and be a part of "opening day"... i don't see how you're going to be able to get close. I believe right where Thunder Mountain exits, there will be a huge WALL, where you cant get past that bridge without a reservation... same goes for the other side from Fantasyland - where those double doors are at with the road for vehicles go through, those bathrooms will be the final stop if you don't have a reservation.

That's a frightening picture you painted but you're not wrong.

We've never been to D23 and were hoping to go Saturday and Sunday this year. it looks like we may only be able to do one day though. Is that enough time? And which day do we go with? (just me and my 10 year old son)

If your room type can accommodate 6 people, you can modify the reservation to include the person, then call the SW:GE phone number for the reservations made through hotel stay. If your room type only allows max 5, there is no option for 6 through the room stay, unless one of them is under 3 years old.

Then the remaining option is 6 person reservation through the no-cost reservation opening in a few minutes. I understand these to be two different systems, and there appears to be conflicting guidance on the ability to hold both a no-cost reservation and hotel stay, etc. Good luck with your reservation pursuit!

Thank you very much for the reply! My room type only allows a max. 5 and everyone is over 3 so I am waiting on the refresh page and will hope to make a reservation for 6!

Pretty bored today so I've been speculating.

Do you think they'll use d23 as a platform to announce the next stages of lucasfilm and marvel movies.

We don't really know much about marvel after Spiderman and that a gotg3 is happening eventually.

Same with Star wars. Besides the TV shows, dunno really what will happen after Skywalker.

There's pretty much no possible way you're going to be able to ride Smuggler's Run and create a light saber / build a droid in a 4 hour window. The times will begin backing up as more and more people refuse to leave because they are still in line for something and it will be a predictable mayhem. No thanks.

I am starting to be thankful that we are visiting in July.

T-minus... wow the anticipation is blinding... I should probably make myself some tea and chill... have a feeling the site will crash and we will be waiting for hours and hours, then we will just give up and try again later, ha

When I was there on Monday at 10:30am, it took me almost 2 hours to park and get into security. And that was a Monday, after all Spring Breakers were done. Almost 2 full hours to enter the park - partly due to Disney closing the garage suddenly at 10am and me having to fight through traffic AND Anaheim city construction just to park. So I can't even imagine what it will be like on that May 31st weekend. Reservations-smeservations, that will not stop the locals from flooding the park "to just see it" and be a part of "opening day"... i don't see how you're going to be able to get close.

Why did the parking garage close? Do you know how long it was closed for? What a bummer that it took you two hours to get in that day.

As far as AP's... So Cal APs are blocked all of June and Deluxe are blocked on the weekends in June. But I still think it will be insane, lol.

Why did the parking garage close? Do you know how long it was closed for? What a bummer that it took you two hours to get in that day.

As far as AP's... So Cal APs are blocked all of June and Deluxe are blocked on the weekends in June. But I still think it will be insane, lol.

Not sure, all I remember is I heard a fire truck and ambulance go by and then realized Disney was redirecting traffic to Harbor. Even checked Twitter to see, but no mention of it closing so I stayed in the same lane. So about 30 minutes to get from the garage to Harbor waiting in the car line to get to Harbor, then another hour plus parking, WALKING to the park, not waiting for the bus in the huge lines and 25 min+ to get through Harbor security check.

Thank you very much for the reply! My room type only allows a max. 5 and everyone is over 3 so I am waiting on the refresh page and will hope to make a reservation for 6!

@DisMomMT Please see the following. Each person with a hotel reservation can add up to five guests. I would call and try to add the person even if your type allows a max of 5. Can't hurt.

The primary Guest making the reservation for the group must provide a valid government-issued photo ID at check-in and must be 14 years of age or older, or else the entire party will be unable to access the land.

Important Information About Adding Additional Guests

• You may add up to 5 additional Guests.
  • Each Guest 3 years of age or older will need a reservation.
  • Each Guest is limited to one reservation.
  • You will not be able to modify Guest names or the reservation date and time.
  • You will not be able to add new Guests.
  • Each adult Guest (age 18 or over) must provide a valid government-issued photo ID to access the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter