D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there going to be any benefit to having early morning hour (aka staying on resort) for Star Wars land. I'm planning on a surprise Christmas whirlwind trip (no kids) for my husband and I. Deciding if we should stay onsite or not. We usually stay on site for the extra hour. Any idea on if this will still be useful or not?
Right now no but a lot can change between now and December. They have extra magic hours at Hollywood studios when GE opens there so they could start to offer it in Disneyland too.

Is there going to be any benefit to having early morning hour (aka staying on resort) for Star Wars land. I'm planning on a surprise Christmas whirlwind trip (no kids) for my husband and I. Deciding if we should stay onsite or not. We usually stay on site for the extra hour. Any idea on if this will still be useful or not?
Likely not. At this point Disney has announced that SWGE will not be included in emh/mm at DLR.

But you may be so “lucky” as to spend that hour waiting in line closer - since you are inside the park - to head first into GE... like slamming down your breakfast at BOG before bolting to Mine Train.in WDW... but without the dining experience.

Not a real “benefit” as much as an opportunity that is a result of the demand and interest in GE...

Likely not. At this point Disney has announced that SWGE will not be included in emh/mm at DLR.

Last 2 posters are spot on. It’s why when I made my free online reservation I chose a day where the emh was in DCA. I want to have every opportunity I can to be in the front of the line for SW:GE. I’m hoping to get on the Millenium Falcon ASAP so I can use the rest of my time to enjoy all that the rest of the land has to offer

We really don't know ANYTHING about how it will work for any of the times. Where they will gather us, how they will do the check-in or all that. It's all speculation. I'm sure they have it planned out to be most effective that they can make it. I also do wonder if they will limit the ride to once per person or not.

Who wants to speculate what the merch prices are going to be like? I know my kids are going to beg for either a droid or lightsaber (or both :tongue:) and I'm trying to pretend to ballpark a budget.

Yeah and Disney would have another PR nightmare on their hands. People like me screaming at the entrance because they had been assured their added guest was guaranteed. However I will call again before our June sixth reservation to make sure she was added. A confirmation email would better.

Haha I do not envy the front line CMs for SWGE opening weekend. If I were them, I would be absolutely poopin' my pants right now at the thought of it.

They took my phone number down. And CM said I would get an email or phone call.
Same. I spoke to them today and gave them my mate's name - they took my phone number and basically told me they'd see what they can do. I hope I find out sooner rather than later because he is coming from Australia!

A friend at the park just told me that his SWL reservation is for 8:00 a.m.... on May 31. The first day SWL will be open. Lucky, lucky, lucky. He promised to send me pix. And I promise to post ‘em here :-).
If he is reliable about details, please ask him to give you as much logistical detail as he can about how things are working that first day. It will really help people here to have any kind of accurate idea about how lines, check in, wait times, clearing the area, etc. will work.

Who wants to speculate what the merch prices are going to be like? I know my kids are going to beg for either a droid or lightsaber (or both :tongue:) and I'm trying to pretend to ballpark a budget.

An arm and a leg most likely :scared1:

I was kind of assuming like $100 for a droid, $150 and up for a lightsaber $60 for a porg.

But I could be completely wrong, those are just my guesses.

Wouldn't having a better position in the SWGE virtual queue be a benefit of arriving for EMH?
Issue is, currently EMH is only fantasy and Tomorrowland. So if you get there you will be waiting at the rope to Frontierland. Then you will have the crowd of people behind you and then the longish walk to the entrance (remember, we don’t know if they will use one of the Frontierland entrances or the Critter Country entrances). Then you have to walk with that group of people pushing and shoving (just read about some of the rope drop experiences at WDW for Flight of Passage or Slinky Dog Dash).

So maybe there will be somewhat of a benefit, but you have to hold your ground and still deal with horrible crowds and guests!

Issue is, currently EMH is only fantasy and Tomorrowland. So if you get there you will be waiting at the rope to Frontierland. Then you will have the crowd of people behind you and then the longish walk to the entrance (remember, we don’t know if they will use one of the Frontierland entrances or the Critter Country entrances). Then you have to walk with that group of people pushing and shoving (just read about some of the rope drop experiences at WDW for Flight of Passage or Slinky Dog Dash).

So maybe there will be somewhat of a benefit, but you have to hold your ground and still deal with horrible crowds and guests!

Thanks. Good info. I'm still waiting on my quote. But I think we will do it if it is in my budget! Worst case scenario, we have a bit of time to hit a few rides before the craziness starts, lol. We've always stayed onsite so we've never done the parks without the extra hour (we've done Christmas twice at DL). I've planned two whole days for it, so that should allow us to see quite a bit of SW's.

An arm and a leg most likely :scared1:

I was kind of assuming like $100 for a droid, $150 and up for a lightsaber $60 for a porg.

But I could be completely wrong, those are just my guesses.
I thought I read somewhere about the lightsaber prices. around $100 for the hilt and if you want the stalk/light up part, that's another $50. I totally don't remember the source anymore tho. ;)

I thought I read somewhere about the lightsaber prices. around $100 for the hilt and if you want the stalk/light up part, that's another $50. I totally don't remember the source anymore tho. ;)
A San Jose Mercury newspaper article about the lightsabers mentioned similar prices ($109 for the finished hilt and $49 for the blade, but prices can vary depending on the style(s) selected).

Opening day is going to be tragic. In fact, the entire week will be tragic. We will be there opening day, opening hour only because that's our assigned reservation time.
Disney is absolutely terrible at rolling new things out. The good news is, they adjust quickly.
My husband remembers being at Animal Kingdom opening week and it was a joke. Disney worked hard and fast to fix things. I remember when Frozen meet & greet started at Disneyland. Oh my gosh, that was a joke. I've never seen so many people yelling and getting upset at a theme park where it's supposed to be happy.

I plan to get as zen as I can, and bob and weave with the madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter