D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sorcerer Packages for D23 Expo 2019 go on sale on August 23, at 10 a.m. PT. The ticketing link will be available 24 hours in advance."
Posting the link early is an interesting change.
D23 ticket links were easy to guess (based on date), but recent changes have added random characters to the URL.

@Nonsuch - off topic here, thank you for the great VGC floor plan maps! I have seen and used them often, did not know that was your work until I see your signature line today.

And now this for any non US guests.....

Effective August 15, 2018, D23 will no longer be able to allow members outside of the United States to sign up, renew or upgrade their D23 Gold and Gold Family Memberships. We value your commitment to D23 and thank you for your membership. D23 is currently exploring options to allow members outside of the United States to sign up or re-activate their Gold and Gold Family Memberships. Updates will be provided as soon as a solution is identified.

• What happens if my Gold or Gold Family Membership has not yet expired? Is my membership still active? Your Gold or Gold Family Membership will remain active until your membership expiration date.

• I’m a D23 Charter Member. Will my status be re-instated once a solution is found? Once a means to re-activate Gold or Gold Family Membership is achieved, we will review all options to bridge your initial membership.

• How will you contact me if a solution is identified? We will provide any updates to the email address that is associated with your membership.

For additional questions about these changes and your D23 Gold or Gold Family Membership you may also email us directly at GuestRelations@D23.com or call us during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST) at (855) 323-5973.

Thank you,
The D23 Team

I am very disappointed that D23 Gold memberships will no longer be available for international guests. I am a charter member of D23 from Australia - signing up the very week D23 was announced - and I greatly enjoy my membership. I have been lucky enough to attend two D23 Expos as well as numerous other D23 events, such as studio tours, movie screenings and shopping experiences. I am bitterly disappointed that I no longer have access to these special events despite supporting D23 from the very beginning.

I've emailed D23 to find out what happens if I purchase Gold Membership Expo tickets next week, bu am no longer a Gold Member by the time of the Expo (because Disney won't let me be).

Do the multi-day tickets usually go on sale after the Sorcerer's package or at the same time?

...Effective August 15, 2018, D23 will no longer be able to allow members outside of the United States to sign up, renew or upgrade their D23 Gold and Gold Family Memberships...
Perhaps this relates to this change:
Beginning August 15, 2018, new and renewing memberships will automatically renew each year until cancelled.

California recently enacted a stricter automatic renewal law, so it may take time for Disney to comply with similar laws from foreign countries.

Instead of forcing members to auto-renew, it might have been better to allow members to opt-in.
One of the few print magazines I receive gave extra issues (or some other gift) for choosing the auto-renew option.

And now this for any non US guests.....

Effective August 15, 2018, D23 will no longer be able to allow members outside of the United States to sign up, renew or upgrade their D23 Gold and Gold Family Memberships.

I am very disappointed that D23 Gold memberships will no longer be available for international guests. I am a charter member of D23 from Australia - signing up the very week D23 was announced - and I greatly enjoy my membership. I have been lucky enough to attend two D23 Expos as well as numerous other D23 events, such as studio tours, movie screenings and shopping experiences. I am bitterly disappointed that I no longer have access to these special events despite supporting D23 from the very beginning.

I've emailed D23 to find out what happens if I purchase Gold Membership Expo tickets next week, bu am no longer a Gold Member by the time of the Expo (because Disney won't let me be).

I am SO sorry for you and others impacted by this.

Perhaps this relates to this change:
Beginning August 15, 2018, new and renewing memberships will automatically renew each year until cancelled.

Instead of forcing members to auto-renew, it might have been better to allow members to opt-in.
Thanks for this info, I had not yet seen anything about the new auto renewal policy.

I caution people to read your D23 membership screen on the Shop Disney site very carefully when setting up auto renew. I have a D23 Gold membership and a credit card on file. I logged in to set up the auto renewal, and when I clicked to set up Auto Renew, it said I was setting up auto renew for a General membership at no cost. I had to scroll down the screen and click to upgrade my membership to Gold to set up the auto renewal at the Gold level. The D23 website FAQ info on the new auto renew process does not make mention of this.

If folks do not read carefully, some may miss this and end up unintentionally renewing af the General level without realizing it or until it is too late for an event where Gold level is required.

Last edited:
Posting the link early is an interesting change.
D23 ticket links were easy to guess (based on date), but recent changes have added random characters to the URL.
Can anyone explain what this means? Why are they releasing the link 24 hours before?

Can anyone explain what this means? Why are they releasing the link 24 hours before?
They had this with the Pixar studios tour page. The day before they will update the page to add the Get Tickets button. If you click it early you get a page that says the event is not yet open or something like that. In the designated day and time, the button will take you into the queue to get tickets.

My guess is this helps with the slow page loads when so many people were trying to refresh to get to the tickets button when it opened up. They can have if ready to go ahead of time.

If you want to see how it works, check out the new October events they also posted today, the Get tickets buttons will appear the two days before Expo tickets does,

They had this with the Pixar studios tour page. The day before they will update the page to add the Get Tickets button. If you click it early you get a page that says the event is not yet open or something like that. In the designated day and time, the button will take you into the queue to get tickets.

My guess is this helps with the slow page loads when so many people were trying to refresh to get to the tickets button when it opened up. They can have if ready to go ahead of time.

If you want to see how it works, check out the new October events they also posted today, the Get tickets buttons will appear the two days before Expo tickets does,
Thanks!

A couple more questions as every time I think I come up with a game plan for next August, something changes. I am just going to get tickets for my sister and I for the expo this week and will book a hotel for the nights of the expo as well. These were some questions I had:
  1. I read that they offer Disneyland Tickets for sale, do you have to buy these when you buy your expo tickets?
  2. If you are a D23 family member, can you buy more Expo discounted tickets after purchasing the initial ones? (I will buy 2 3 days, but I may buy 1 or 2 more one day tickets in case my parents decide to check out one of the days.

I read that they offer Disneyland Tickets for sale, do you have to buy these when you buy your expo tickets?
In past expos, the Disneyland tickets could be purchased separately. I seem to recall receiving a separate email with a link to use to get the special D23 pricing. They have also had a booth onsite but I don’t know if the booth also has the special pricing or options.

I’m a WDW vet, but wanting to try DLR. Thinking of one day at the expo and 3 days at the parks. Is there historically a “best day” to go to the expo? And do you thinks parks are busiest before, after, or during the expo days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter