D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends what you want to do. We have had blue milk, lots of pictures, wondered around for about an hour, had something to eat, bought merchandise and rode the Falcon twice. But that means we haven’t had time to do Cantina and Savi’s. Or Droid depot. You need to choose what is important to you.

We were within the first 700 people in and the cantina had closed straight away. It opened again and closed within 5 minutes. It closed for our reservation period before 10am.
Good to know. The most important thing to me is the Droid and the ride. Maybe wander around with the droid if it interacts with things.

Oh, another question, if anyone does the droids, please let me know if they have the backpacks to them!

Good to know. The most important thing to me is the Droid and the ride. Maybe wonder around with the droid if it interacts with things.

Oh, another question, if anyone does the droids, please let me know if they have the backpacks to them!

They had more then enough backpacks for sale. They are just hanging up with the personality chips in the droid depot.

Really confusing with the Falcon and the wristbands being marked. We have just seen it is a 5 min wait so went over and asked if we could ride again. The CM let us on but only because our bands had been marked from earlier?! We can’t work it?
Just a hunch. Perhaps this is part of the way to keep lines short(er). If the line gets long, mark them. Then if it gets within another shorter range, disregard the marking. Just a hunch.

Thanks so much for all the reports.
Can anyone put together a menu price update? Like, how much is the kettle corn? Drinks other than the $8 "milks"? The shrimp dish? The sausage taco? The hummus/kefka platter? I want to make a budget.
Also, for those who have made droids, I know the basic model is $100, but how much are the additions/upgrades? I figure there must be 1-2 that my family will want to make the enterprise worthwhile...

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before and I didn't see it: I am a gold member that just purchased my tickets to expo this week. I bought all 3 days individually but had to pay non-gold member pricing for the 3rd day since I could only buy 2 gold member tickets. I am fine paying the extra $10 for the 3rd day, but am I going to miss out on anything by having a non-gold ticket for Sunday instead of a gold ticket? Are there any events or areas that I will be blocked from, or can I show my valid card in that case? Thanks!

I'm thinking about booking Paradise Pier with a check in date of June 23. That's the last day they will give reservations for a hotel booking. So does this mean they would definitely give me on June 23?

Can anyone put together a menu price update? Like, how much is the kettle corn? Drinks other than the $8 "milks"? The shrimp dish? The sausage taco? The hummus/kefka platter? I want to make a budget.
Also, for those who have made droids, I know the basic model is $100, but how much are the additions/upgrades? I figure there must be 1-2 that my family will want to make the enterprise worthwhile...

The menus with pricing are all on the Disney website under Dining.

EDIT since PP covered it. Also on the app too.

OK, we think we have worked the marking on the bands out. If you have rode once well before your reservation ends, you can go on once more until 5 mins before the next reservation period enters the land. If you don’t have a marking on your band after 10:55 or 5 mins before the next reservation period enters, you can still ride.

Just a hunch. Perhaps this is part of the way to keep lines short(er). If the line gets long, mark them. Then if it gets within another shorter range, disregard the marking. Just a hunch.

See my post just above, I think we have worked it out. Going to try and confirm with a CM.

As Oga's Cantina is time restricted to 45 minutes, can you leave after this time and just re-join any queue that may have formed? And how do they police how long people have been in there for anyway?

Last edited:
Any reports on Savi? Was line waiting fully required or at some point did a reservation or return time come into play (like the Jedi training scenario, at least at WDW)?

SR queue now back up to 60 minutes as the 11am time slot people start to enter GE.....

They need to do something about the Cantina situation. 45 minutes is a LONG time to be in there. I feel like they need to have people place their orders while out in line, pay, and then show the receipt to get the drink. Put a 2 drink limit per person. And once you get the drink, you should be allowed no more than 30 minutes to enjoy it. That place seems too small for the demand so I think they need to tweak how they are doing things for the time being. They could easily have a CM walk the line with an ipad to place orders/pay (like they used to do at the Dole Whip stand before they went to Mobile Order).

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before and I didn't see it: I am a gold member that just purchased my tickets to expo this week. I bought all 3 days individually but had to pay non-gold member pricing for the 3rd day since I could only buy 2 gold member tickets. I am fine paying the extra $10 for the 3rd day, but am I going to miss out on anything by having a non-gold ticket for Sunday instead of a gold ticket? Are there any events or areas that I will be blocked from, or can I show my valid card in that case? Thanks!

We don't know yet. The gold perks change every year. But usually the perks only apply to the gold member and one guest, not a third person. So, when there were gold panel lines, I as a gold member could get a wristband and so could my one guest but I couldn't get an additional.

They need to do something about the Cantina situation. 45 minutes is a LONG time to be in there. I feel like they need to have people place their orders while out in line, pay, and then show the receipt to get the drink. Put a 2 drink limit per person. And once you get the drink, you should be allowed no more than 30 minutes to enjoy it. That place seems too small for the demand so I think they need to tweak how they are doing things for the time being. They could easily have a CM walk the line with an ipad to place orders/pay (like they used to do at the Dole Whip stand before they went to Mobile Order).
I just don't understand why they made it so small! Haven't they learned from the Cove bar?

We don't know yet. The gold perks change every year. But usually the perks only apply to the gold member and one guest, not a third person. So, when there were gold panel lines, I as a gold member could get a wristband and so could my one guest but I couldn't get an additional.
Thanks for the info. I will be the only one going, so the tickets aren't for a 2nd or 3rd person. I just had to buy 3 individual 1-day tickets since the 3-day package was sold out. It seems kind of silly that gold members can't get the benefit for each day they buy for themselves.

Disney should have foreseen this would be the most popular place in SWGE and made it twice as big or have two of them. I mean, it's the only place in the park to get a drink and with a Star Wars Cantina theme too? It was always going to be packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter