D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

August 12th is podcaster Michael's birthday. Some of us will be meeting for a drink at Trader Sam's after the fireworks. Not sure of any other meet ups.

Does anyone know if I buy tickets at this point will they be mailed or held at Will Call? At this point I won't be home when tickets could possibly arrive.

Since we are only 9 days away, I would expect them to be held at Will Call. Only Friday, Sunday, and 3-day tickets are available.

Does anyone know if I buy tickets at this point will they be mailed or held at Will Call? At this point I won't be home when tickets could possibly arrive.

I originally bought tickets for Saturday and Sunday, and added Friday last week. The website didn't say whether they would be mailed or held, so I'm assuming if I don't get them by Thursday of next week they'll be at will call.

So basically, I don't know. But they don't tell you when you check out.

I can all but guarantee they will be held at Will Call at this point.

I've been waiting for D23 to announce some nighttime events similar to the Richard Sherman/Alan Menken concert in 2013. It seems like the schedule is pretty final -- do we think there will be any sort of surprise announcement in the next week? Seems like it will be hard to top Sherman and Menken.

Yes, the events end early. Do you think there will be additional announcements or will this be it?

I read artist/celebrity meet and greets will only be for purchases the day of the event. My daughters really wanted to see the OUAT folks, but the dolls are super limited edition. Bet most will be claimed by sorcerer package folks.

Hello new to the board, and this will be my fiance and my first D23. Super stoked for Saturday the 15th (it happens to be my birthday :D). I live in NorCal, and couldn't get that Friday off so we're driving down after I'm off.

If I'm really interested in getting into hall D23 for the Worlds, Galaxies, and Universes, how early should I show up and get in line? I assume we won't be there until late night Friday, and was hoping we could get some sleep beforehand, but willing to get there as early I need to.

Also, any other general tips my fiance and I should be aware of? :) Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yes, the events end early. Do you think there will be additional announcements or will this be it?

I read artist/celebrity meet and greets will only be for purchases the day of the event. My daughters really wanted to see the OUAT folks, but the dolls are super limited edition. Bet most will be claimed by sorcerer package folks.

Originally on the schedule there was a second signing scheduled not for the dolls. It doesn't seem to be on the schedule for the app though so I'm not sure if it was canceled. I hope not because I was really looking forward to it.

Originally on the schedule there was a second signing scheduled not for the dolls. It doesn't seem to be on the schedule for the app though so I'm not sure if it was canceled. I hope not because I was really looking forward to it.

I see it in the app, looks like it's only the creators though..? :
L4UAe70.jpg

I see it in the app, looks like it's only the creators though..? :
L4UAe70.jpg

You're right. It's in a different place than I was looking. That's interesting. I really hope that changes, as I'd love to meet Lana (and Ginnifer). Since the times don't overlap they could easily do both. I really have no desire to own that doll or spend $100+ on it.

I would buy the dolls in a heartbeat, but I doubt there will be any available. Ebayers are already taking preorders for $1500! How can they guarantee?

Yikes at the Dolls being so much on eBay already. I doubt I'll be able to get one but that's okay. Least I met Lana back in May at the Regal Con that was out here. Would've been nice to meet Ginny as well. I'll just hope for getting in the panel if anything.

Question since there are a few talent signings I might be interested in checking out the two days I'm attending, do you need to line up way in advance for a chance to meet them. And can you have anything signed or do they provide a promotional photo?

I can all but guarantee they will be held at Will Call at this point.

That's what I figured so we gave it a try. The confirmation web page said the tickets would be at Will Call, so indeed they're not mailing at this late date. Got my ticket for Friday and I've never been before so whatever I get to see will be good. Excited!

Just a week away! This is our 3rd D23, after missing the first year. I'm very curious to see how the overnight lines will impact events.

Just a week away! This is our 3rd D23, after missing the first year. I'm very curious to see how the overnight lines will impact events.

Yeah, I wonder how they will impact things. As I said above this is my first one, and would really like to get into hall D23 for the Worlds, Galaxies, and Universes. But because of the overnight lines, I have no idea how early should I show up and get in line. We probably won't be there until late night Friday/early am Saturday, and was hoping we could get some sleep beforehand. Hopefully I can find a balance. Don't want to be exhausted on my bday from staying up all night haha

Yeah, I wonder how they will impact things. As I said above this is my first one, and would really like to get into hall D23 for the Worlds, Galaxies, and Universes. But because of the overnight lines, I have no idea how early should I show up and get in line. We probably won't be there until late night Friday/early am Saturday, and was hoping we could get some sleep beforehand. Hopefully I can find a balance. Don't want to be exhausted on my bday from staying up all night haha

It's definitely going to be interesting. One thing it does, is pretty well guarantees that anyone who has to pick their tickets up from Will Call, won't be seeing the first presentation as you won't be permitted into Hall E for overnight queuing until you have your tickets, which won't be available until after 7am. One person said that they were planning on getting there for 4am to get in line for the first presentation, and someone doubted if that was even early enough.

It's definitely going to be interesting. One thing it does, is pretty well guarantees that anyone who has to pick their tickets up from Will Call, won't be seeing the first presentation as you won't be permitted into Hall E for overnight queuing until you have your tickets, which won't be available until after 7am. One person said that they were planning on getting there for 4am to get in line for the first presentation, and someone doubted if that was even early enough.

Goodness. Guess I won't be sleeping much. I was hoping to get there 5 or 6ish, but if 4am might be too late? Guess I'll check in at the hotel and head over.

Sadly, it's hard for those of us that have been previously to offer real advice in terms of lining up because the the overnight line is a huge new variable. What has worked in the past is not going to be true in 2015. Yes, the new Hall 23 holds many more people, but the popularity of the shopping (*the dolls*) and the panel on Saturday is going to be huge. It's hard to say how many people will be lining up to get into the store and how many are going for Hall 23.

Saturday is now sold-out, it sold out earlier than in previous years.

4am may be golden. Or not. There may be better guesses Friday afternoon, after the Thursday line up, but then again...Saturday is going to be a different animal than Friday.

Sadly, it's hard for those of us that have been previously to offer real advice in terms of lining up because the the overnight line is a huge new variable. What has worked in the past is not going to be true in 2015. Yes, the new Hall 23 holds many more people, but the popularity of the shopping (*the dolls*) and the panel on Saturday is going to be huge. It's hard to say how many people will be lining up to get into the store and how many are going for Hall 23.

Saturday is now sold-out, it sold out earlier than in previous years.

4am may be golden. Or not. There may be better guesses Friday afternoon, after the Thursday line up, but then again...Saturday is going to be a different animal than Friday.

I hadn't realized it was a new thing until recently. So it should be interesting. I'm just excited for my first D23, and regardless if I get in or not, I'm going to have a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter