D23 Event, DL Paris, April 12-13 2023

Three weeks later and no updates or additional information shared! Has anyone who got tickets heard anything?!?!

Three weeks later and no updates or additional information shared! Has anyone who got tickets heard anything?!?!
No, nothing beyond the email with the tickets and the link to book the hotel.

Strangely today I got an email with details about how to check in for a D23 studio tour which made me wonder if they accidentally sent a standard email instead of an event-specific one? I've emailed guest relations to see what they say.

I got an update today! Check-in details for the event, and some information on what to wear. Now to work out what is dressy enough for a Gala dinner, but comfortable and warm for going back into the park :laughing:

Bonjour, D23 Gold Member!

It’s almost time to join D23 at the Disneyland Paris 30th Anniversary Grand Finale Celebration on April 12 and April 13, 2023!

To make sure your experience is as magical as can be, we wanted to share a few details:

• Each attendee must have a ticket in their possession for entry into this event.
  • D23 Members must bring their membership card and tickets or may be denied entry into the event. Your membership card may be a physical card or a digital membership card found in the D23 app.
Wednesday, April 12, 2023:

• Check-in will take place at the Convention Center at Disney's Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel, Av. René Goscinny, 77700 Chessy, France, beginning at 9:00 a.m., and ending at 10:30 a.m.
  • Upon check-in on April 12, D23 members will receive their park tickets for the two-day event.
To ensure you have a wonderful experience and are comfortable from beginning to end, here are some recommendations for apparel throughout the event:

• The Gala dinner on April 12 is an optional opportunity to dress up for a night on the town in New York City!
  • Following the Gala, attendees will return to Disneyland Park to view Disney D-Light & Disney Dreams! We recommend that guests wear comfortable shoes and warm clothing for the return to the Park.
  • On April 13, please wear closed-toed shoes for the Walkthrough Experience at Ratatouille: The Adventure. No sandals, flip-flops, or high-heeled shoes will be allowed on the tour.
  • It gets chilly in the evenings—so we recommend packing warm layers to wear when in the parks.
Please look out for another reminder email a few days before the event...

We are so excited to celebrate this magical and momentous event—the Disneyland Paris 30th Anniversary Grand Finale Celebration—with you!

-The D23 Team

I wrote to D23 guest relations requesting registration at 8am for on site guests. We (on-site resort guests) are already able to enter the parks at 8:30am, having been required to buy tickets as part of the cost to stay on site. If any of y'all feel inclined to write, I think it would be helpful for guests to let D23 know that the 9am registration time will impact park experience. (Even if we wait till early hour is done, we lose at least an hour leaving the park to go to NY resort, obtain credentials and then get back to the park.) Starting registration at 8am will allow for an uninterrupted and full park experience.

I wrote to D23 guest relations requesting registration at 8am for on site guests. We (on-site resort guests) are already able to enter the parks at 8:30am, having been required to buy tickets as part of the cost to stay on site. If any of y'all feel inclined to write, I think it would be helpful for guests to let D23 know that the 9am registration time will impact park experience. (Even if we wait till early hour is done, we lose at least an hour leaving the park to go to NY resort, obtain credentials and then get back to the park.) Starting registration at 8am will allow for an uninterrupted and full park experience.
This is a great point, I was just complaining to my husband that we lose our usual first hour of running around doing all of the rides - we booked room-only onsite so can't get into the parks until we pick up the tickets as part of the event registration.

This is a great point, I was just complaining to my husband that we lose our usual first hour of running around doing all of the rides - we booked room-only onsite so can't get into the parks until we pick up the tickets as part of the event registration.
How were you able to book room only? When I looked, I could only book with tickets.

If you feel inclined, I do suggest letting them know it's more than an inconvenience, it's a meaningful loss of paid, valued time. The more that write or tweet, the more they see it's not just one or two disgruntled guests.

I also asked about the lunch arrangements. Especially, if I don't pick up my credentials till 10:15am. My room required I have tickets included, so in a way I'm paying twice for tickets, and I plan to do extra magic hour at 8:30am-10am. If I show up at the tail end of credential pick up, I'm very concerned about impact for lunch times/locations/however this is going to work.

How were you able to book room only? When I looked, I could only book with tickets.

If you feel inclined, I do suggest letting them know it's more than an inconvenience, it's a meaningful loss of paid, valued time. The more that write or tweet, the more they see it's not just one or two disgruntled guests.

I also asked about the lunch arrangements. Especially, if I don't pick up my credentials till 10:15am. My room required I have tickets included, so in a way I'm paying twice for tickets, and I plan to do extra magic hour at 8:30am-10am. If I show up at the tail end of credential pick up, I'm very concerned about impact for lunch times/locations/however this is going to work.
We booked the hotel with the event link which didn't include tickets. It didn't seem like much of a discount, and it's double what we usually pay off-peak, but we wanted to stay on site to be able to freshen up before the Gala dinner. We've booked room only on Hotels.com before - that only seems to be available at lower times though, I couldn't see room-only through a third party for this trip.

It'd have been nice to get a schedule in advance to know when / where lunch will be. I wouldn't usually pay for Premier Access so I want to be able to make the most of that! They've described it as a "hosted in-park dining experience" so I guess they'll have timed it so that people completing registration at 10:30 will have time to get there?

I'm still wondering how many people will have bought tickets. If they only allow 1.5 hours for pick up, and the capacity at restaurants or space blocked off for the fireworks, I would say 100, maybe 200 guests max.

The only thing that makes me think the number should be less is the backstage tours in the Studios. Unless they split the groups into 25-30 people and you get a timeslot assigned at check in. Or something like that.

I'm still wondering how many people will have bought tickets. If they only allow 1.5 hours for pick up, and the capacity at restaurants or space blocked off for the fireworks, I would say 100, maybe 200 guests max.

The only thing that makes me think the number should be less is the backstage tours in the Studios. Unless they split the groups into 25-30 people and you get a timeslot assigned at check in. Or something like that.
Yes, really interested to see how many people are there. It sold out so quickly that there was clearly enough demand for it. I tried looking at event capacities on the business events website but that didn't give much away, since they can host just about any number of guests.

Add me to disappointed for lack of information now just 10 days out. I am trying to just "go with it" and accept we paid a high price to accept I will just leave it in D23's hands to put on a good event. In the US they usually do fabulous job....but I am a planned and would also like to know a bit more details!

We decided not to opt for an on-site booking and grabbed rooms at the new Moxy at Val d'Europe.

With annual pass sales now suspended, my plan to see if I could apply the value of the 2-day tickets we get with the package to an annual pass upgrade has been thwarted as well (I knew it was a long shot to begin with....). I guess this even will have to satisfy our DLP Resort needs for a couple of years!

Add me to disappointed for lack of information now just 10 days out. I am trying to just "go with it" and accept we paid a high price to accept I will just leave it in D23's hands to put on a good event. In the US they usually do fabulous job....but I am a planned and would also like to know a bit more details!

We decided not to opt for an on-site booking and grabbed rooms at the new Moxy at Val d'Europe.

With annual pass sales now suspended, my plan to see if I could apply the value of the 2-day tickets we get with the package to an annual pass upgrade has been thwarted as well (I knew it was a long shot to begin with....). I guess this even will have to satisfy our DLP Resort needs for a couple of years!
This is the way I'm looking at it too. I'd love to have a schedule in advance to plan around, but I'm hoping D23 will have taken care of everything. We've only done one D23 event before, one of the Burbank studio tours, and it was excellent.

We've got another couple of visits planned later in the year and we were last there in October so I'm trying to let go of being in control this time and accept that the purpose of this trip is to experience the event - not easy for someone who always has a spreadsheet set up months in advance!

....I'm having a lot of anxiety about the current weather forecast. With D-light and the fireworks such a big part of the event (and my motivation for booking) I am going to be REALLY disappointed if they can't put on the shows.

I didn't want to say it out loud, but I was thinking the same! We missed out on D-light on our last visit because of weather. Fingers crossed the forecast improves 🤞

Looking forward to seeing other DISers at the event! I totally forgot to bring my DIS lanyard. I'm probably wearing orange bird dress tomorrow and an Art Deco dress with sorcerer mickey and dancing hippos for the gala. I'm probably wearing an Asgaard inspired green pleated dress with tiara (cause birthday!) and switching to electric light parade dress that night. All subject to change once we finally get the schedules, but I wanted to share to make it easier to say "hi!" If you see me... please feel welcome to say "hi" or... you know... "bonjour!" ;) :D

Looking forward to seeing other DISers at the event! I totally forgot to bring my DIS lanyard. I'm probably wearing orange bird dress tomorrow and an Art Deco dress with sorcerer mickey and dancing hippos for the gala. I'm probably wearing an Asgaard inspired green pleated dress with tiara (cause birthday!) and switching to electric light parade dress that night. All subject to change once we finally get the schedules, but I wanted to share to make it easier to say "hi!" If you see me... please feel welcome to say "hi" or... you know... "bonjour!" ;) :D
Saw you this morning as we left check-in and pointed out your Orange Bird dress to my partner. Would have said hello if I knew it was a DIS-er. Will keep an eye out for you...

It was a great, well done event. The D23 folks worked very hard and I imagine need a few days of sleep. It was just delightful to meet other DISers!! Yay and safe flights/drive/train home y'all!

So... how was it? :D anyone want to share their experiences? How many people joined, I saw on the programme you did get split up into groups for thee backstage tours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter