Cypress Pointe Resort

kapeppy

Mouseketeer
DH and I are planning a low-budget, sort of spur of the moment, can't afford to stay on-site, trip down to WDW and were wondering if anyone has ever stayed here. I am considering sitting through a time share presentation to get an awesome rate ($19/night through hotelkingdom.com) but don't want to waste our time if the place is a dump! We usually stay at CBR and this place sounds sort of similar. I am pretty sure that I read that the volcano pool will be under construction during our trip but I have also read that there are a couple of other pools available. Please, please, please let me know if I am making a mistake! I already have Comfort Suites Maingate booked at a rate of $55/night but I am just being cheap!
:jester:
Thanks for your honest opinions!
Kris

We stayed there in Dec. 99, and really liked it. It was clean, the unit was big, and the pool was nice and close. Not sure about the pool rehab, etc., but otherwise I would recommend it. BTW - the location is great!

Will you be in Phase 1 or Phase 2? I traded into a 3bdrm lockout in Dec. in the Phase 1 area. I would never trade into Phase 1 again. I didn't like the unit at all. I have heard Phase 2 is nice, however. The 1 bdrm part of our lockout was a room with a king bed and the vanity, shower, and stool in the same room

Watch for a post from Dreamer, they were staying there this past week and promised to post about the resort on return, check out the thread on it called "Anyone familiar with Cypress Pointe??" it is about 4 pages back. Also looking to stay there in April.

I think we're the family that started the thread about the volcano pool under construction! We had a week booked there from April 27 thru May 4 and I asked people about Cypress Pointe when I was told that volcano pool would be out of service (April thru June I think??)
I called Cypress Pointe and at first the person answering phone said she didn't know anything about it and said "Even if it's true, there are two other pools."
That may be true, but a couple things...first, theoretically, the other two pools will be more crowded if the volcano pool (which is the main pool) will be closed. Secondly, and this depends on where your room is, you may have to walk farther than you want to GET to any other pool. And lastly, the volcano pool was one of the main attractions to us. We have three small children and I can't tell you how many times we logged onto the Cypress Pointe website and went to the picture of the pool and told my kids that they'd be swimming there!!
Finally, the resort answered an e-mail where I begged them to tell me if the pool was going to be out of service, and they confirmed it! Fortunately, we were able to switch with RCI (time share group).
I've heard Cypress Pointe is nice and the price can't be beat, but for us, the pool was a big deal (a place to collapse and unwind after a great but hectic day at WDW). You just have to decide if the pool situation is a big enough deal for your family Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter