Cypress Pointe Resort, anyone stayed at this resort.....if so please help!

PrincessKay

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm going to WDW in about a week. This is a last minute second trip to WDW this year. I usally stay on Disney ground's but, I'm lokking for something w/ a kitchen this time around. My question's are the following: 1) On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) how would you rate this resort? 2) What was your overall experience?
3) Would you stay there again?
4) Is the one bedroom w/ kitchen roomy enough for a family of four? 5) Are the room's and kitchen kept clean?
6) How is the pool area?

I was quoted a rate of $1080.00 for eight days including tax for the one bedroom...is this a good rate?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

7 days left!!!!!
:D

princesskay, I just responded to your post on the resorts board. (I was wondering if you posted here too;) .

Hi PrincessKay,
We stayed at Cypress Pointe on our last trip in October '99.The only reason we didn't book it again this time is we wanted to try staying in a villa,to compare.

we were 2 adults,2 teens and 1 child in a 2-bed apartment.The apartment was masssive,very roomy and we were delighted with it when we arrived.As there were 5 of us,we needed to use the sofa-bed in the main area,but this was no problem as the bed was huge also!

The pools were very nice and safe,with a small shop selling some groceries and ice-creams etc.It was only a short walk to the main pool,which was also worth a visit.

The rooms had a nice verandeh with a table and chairs.Two tips if you stay here.We asked NOT to be on the ground floor,and when we got to our apartment we were assigned the ground floor,so I asked to be moved.As thgere is only mosquito neeting on the balcony,I wouldn't have felt happy to leave the doors open while we were in bed.Secondly the view of our balcony was the very unattractive car park,I would suggest requesting a pool view fot the balcony.

CP is also in a great position in Buena Vista,close to Downtown Disney and within wasy driving distance to everything else.

I'd rate the CP 9/10

Please e-mail me if you have any specific questions I can help with.

Karen:D

Hi Kazzie, is Cypress Point the Sunterra property that is a time share..thanks....Ted

We stayed there last summer for $1200 for 7 nights in a 3 bedroom. This was the go2orlando rate of 155/night. I think part of it was the 1 bedroom, as we had 2 kitchens and living areas. My husband & I had the one bedroom part. The balcony, TV and bathroom are in the bedroom. There are 2 sinks and a soaking tub that are basically part of the bedroom. The shower is in the far corner, and the toilet is in its own room. It had a small living room with pull out sofa and a table for 4. No TV in the living area. While it was larger than a standard hotel room, I think it would seem small with the bed pulled out. We did not open up the sofa bed and still had to move 2 chairs into the bedroom for more space. The kitchen had a full refrigerator, a coffee maker, 2 burner stove and a small microwave.

That said, the TWO Bedroom part was huge! The kitchen was nice, with a counter & stools. All appliances were full sized. Everything was very clean (on both sides). There was a table for 6. The living room had a giant screen tv and a queen sofa bed (which no one used). The master BR has a king bed & bath with whirlpool tub. THe other bedroom has 2 twin beds and a regular bathroom. The washer & dryer was only in the 2 br part. It was apartment sized.

sunterra has a website that shows the layouts.

We were on the 3rd floor, parking lot view. The pool was a little noisy, so we were actually happy about that. Not all of the buildings are as close to the pool as ours was, so it may not be a concern everywhere.

Hi, did you happen to check in to renting a timeshare week from an owner at that resort? That is what we are doing for our trip in Oct. We got a 1 bedroom at Summer Bay resort for $400. You can check out some of the timeshare rental websites, one is Timeshare User Group. It can save you $ for a weeks stay.

RAC :)

Hi Princess: My cousins (from Scotland) are owners at Cypress Pointe in the Grande Villas and we've stayed with them there for the past 7 years! We love it so much!:D It's a very beautiful resort with 3 pools and 3 hot tubs so you can have a comfortable end from a full day at the parks! LOL The villas are lovely and kept very clean and the staff are really helpful too. If there's anything else I can add to help you out please don't hesitate to PM or e-mail me. Have a wonderful time!

OOPS! Just noticed the date on your post and you're probably sunning by the pool at Cypress Pointe this very minute! lol Let me know how you like it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter