• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CXled ABD trips

mkmommy

DIS Veteran
I just saw on another thread that a December Backstage Magic tour was cancelled for December, so that is in the 60 day range, is is normal for ADB to cancel in that time frame? I would have thought that the 90 day mark would be the time to cancel.

From a business stand poing I understand why tours are cancelled, but from a consumer stand point it must create a lot of bad feelings towards ABD, like why would I book with a company that cancels its tours. I am sure tours that are non peak travel times are at a higher risk, and I have of couse have booked Backstage Magic for Next November. I have very limited times that I can take vacation and I sometimes think that I made a mistake booking this tour, if it does get cancelled it will be hard to find a replacement holiday at short notice. I know there is nothing I can do but wait and see, but do other tour companies cancel at such a close date? It seems to add to the stress of the holiday will it or will it not be cancelled, and you do not really want to get excited in case you picked the wrong dates.

Lisa

I feel the same way! I regret booking so early now, and feel concerned about my trip...Ireland 2009.

We are linking our trip to a bigger trip, first Portugal for 3 weeks, so switching itineraries or dates at the last minute will be difficult as I will have two planes to co-ordinate.

I'm worried I'm going to be terribly out of pocket. I have done nothing about booking my flights yet...I keep calling to see if anyone else has booked. So far, we are the only ones.

Next time, I'll book closer to the time when its guaranteed. This is way too stressful and complicated for me, never mind disappointing.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but I'm almost expecting our trip to be cancelled. We're booked for Australia the first week of June. Probably not the worst choice but some schools are still in session. And with the economy the way it is, and the airfare so high for this trip, I wouldn't be surprised to see it cancelled. Guess I'll be pleasantly surprised if it isn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter