Cutting it close, enough time to make dinner res.?

Poprivet

Mouseketeer
Thanksgiving day, SW flight arrives at 1:50. Can I make it to POP, Checkin then get to House of blues dinner reservation at 5:15?

Thanks

Pop

I was just able to push the reservation to 5:45... gives me another 1/2 hour to get there.

You'll probably make it, but that plan would stress me out. So many delays can happen on arrival day, especially on Thanksgiving. I personally wouldn't risk it, unless you are ok with paying the no-show fee.

If you need a later reservation try open table or calling the restaurant directly and try for a later time

We often budget a similar amount of time between our arrival time and arrival-day dinner on most of our trips. Usually it was not a problem. Last time, we had major airplane delays and missed our rez at Beaches and Cream. They were actually much nicer about it than I expected, found us another table after a short wait, and did not charge us the cancellation file. But YMMV.

Thanksgiving day, SW flight arrives at 1:50. Can I make it to POP, Checkin then get to House of blues dinner reservation at 5:15?
Typically if flying in or even driving it is best not to schedule an ADR close to arrival. You never know what kind of weather or other delays you may encounter. I guess you keep the reservation and if you realize you will not make it you can modify the reservation to another date. This will help avoid the no show fees. I agree to look at open table for a reservation (some of the swan and dolphin restaurants are on there) I don't believe they have any no-show fees.

Sorry, what are HOB and open table?
I agree about not usually making a reservation on arriving day but we are trying to squeeze a thanksgiving dinner in somewhere...

Sorry, what are HOB and open table?
I agree about not usually making a reservation on arriving day but we are trying to squeeze a thanksgiving dinner in somewhere...

HOB = House Of Blues.

Open Table is a restaurant reservation system. Most Disney Springs restaurant reservations can be made on the website and will not result in any cancellation fees if you cannot make it.

Go here --> https://www.opentable.com/r/house-of-blues-restaurant-and-bar-orlando-lake-buena-vista

I looked and they have every time between 5pm and 6pm available on Thanksgiving.

You have some really good suggestions here. There are just too many variables when traveling on a holiday...in a time when there could be a winter storm somewhere to the north, and the next thing you know, you're a couple of hours late. Another potential issue is the traffic at Disney Springs on a holiday. I'm thinking of folks out doing Christmas shopping, I know we're talking Thanksgiving Day, just thought I'd bring it up. Perhaps someone local could comment.:)

Depends. How are you getting from the airport? If you are using DME, maybe. If you are using Lyft/Uber/Shuttle/rental, yes you should have plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter