Customs Question

eml

Earning My Ears
How strict are they at customs?

My mother has a photo driver's license, photo senior citizen ID, and a non-certified photocopy of her birth certificate. Will this be enough? Is it when you re-enter the US that you need to have your ID? What about in Nassau?

She has already left home for a two month stay in Florida and didn't realize she needed more that this for the cruise.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

No, that will not be enough, she MUST have a certified copy of her birth certificate. A photocopy is NOT acceptable. DCL is very strict about this now, post 9/11. You need the ID to BOARD the ship, they will not let her board without it.

She needs to get a certified copy of her birth certificate ASAP. There are companies that can expedite this; you can try www.vitalcheck.com .

Good luck! :)

Michelle,

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. We'll get a certified copy right away.

Sorry to have posted in the wrong area. I'm still finding my way around:o

A passport will also work, if she has one. I mention this because if she does, it will likely be easier to get than a certified copy of her birth certificate. If not, she probably needs the certified BC to get the passport.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter