• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Currently at Disney and staying. Anyone else here as well?

I wonder when Disney will man up and announce ? Major League baseball days season delayed 8 weeks. That puts the start of the season till May 26th
according to the poster I quoted, they did announce they wont be opening up in 2 weeks. I just can't find where he got the information.

No, they haven't announced it, but it is clear they are not reopening in two weeks with the current CDC recommendation.

I'm a she. 🙂
Sorry ma'am lol but I guess I mis read what you wrote. The rational part of me says they will not open on 4/1 but until they make the official announcement, it's all speculation so I won't give up hope. Good news is I booked a backup for May, June and July ;)

I'm guessing there trying to allow the call centre catch up a bit before announcing extension. I'm guessing they might do it a few weeks at a time to not swamp the call center

I'm guessing there trying to allow the call centre catch up a bit before announcing extension. I'm guessing they might do it a few weeks at a time to not swamp the call center
I can understand that, but it seems like it would still snowball, as people push back a little at a time instead of just rescheduling for a few months out from the beginning. People who rescheduled for the end of April will now be calling to reschedule for late May or June, and then if things get extended would be calling again to reschedule for July or August.

I have a stay beginning of May, I don't think the parks will be open but am waiting until closer to change anything hoping at least by that time we will have more information on when they will be able to reopen. I do not want to change dates then have to change them again. They sent all the CP CMS home which indicates they know they are not opening anytime soon. It is probably easier to keep officially extending it a couple of weeks at a time than try to open early if things unexpectedly improve.

So those that had stays past 3/20, what’s the plan?
If you booked directly through WDW, WDTC will cancel automatically and refund to your form of payment without any penalty fees. If you booked through a travel agent or third party booking site, you will need to contact your agent (cancellation charges may apply).

From the WDW website:

Update on Walt Disney World Resort Operations

MODIFICATIONS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS

Resort Rooms and Packages
Guests can call (407) 939-5277 to reschedule reservations with arrivals of March 20 through March 31 to a future date. To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving all Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through June 30, 2020.
On Friday, March 20 at 5:00 PM, we will automatically cancel reservations of Walt Disney Travel Company Disney Resort hotel packages and Disney Resort hotel room-only reservations booked directly through Disney, for arrivals March 20 through 31.
We will also process a refund to the original form of payment if a payment had been made. If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional. Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rentals cars, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.

Good morning everyone. Still people walking around at the BW, Kids playing in the courtyard. No further information from Disney regarding longer closings. Cast members all are very cheerful and eagerly willing to greet you.

I have a stay beginning of May, I don't think the parks will be open but am waiting until closer to change anything hoping at least by that time we will have more information on when they will be able to reopen. I do not want to change dates then have to change them again. They sent all the CP CMS home which indicates they know they are not opening anytime soon. It is probably easier to keep officially extending it a couple of weeks at a time than try to open early if things unexpectedly improve.

This is us, but we too could easily do the four day trip we have planned as a non park trip if need be. IF they bring back restaurants in some capacity and the hotels then we would still make the trip.

I think they have to stay closed. All you have to do is read the billion threads here and elsewhere of people expecting resort entertainment to look like it does during hurricanes. "Will there be extra character meets? Kids activities?"

Many cities/states are shutting down restaurants to carry out/delivery/drive through only. Florida hasn't yet, but Florida is about to become a hot zone. It will happen.

I think they have to stay closed. All you have to do is read the billion threads here and elsewhere of people expecting resort entertainment to look like it does during hurricanes. "Will there be extra character meets? Kids activities?"

Many cities/states are shutting down restaurants to carry out/delivery/drive through only. Florida hasn't yet, but Florida is about to become a hot zone. It will happen.

I cannot agree with you more regarding the people who want Disney to be the same as it has been during a hurricane. This is NOT a hurricane situation. It's unprecedented and is way more serious and unpredictable than a 2-day weather system. Since the goal of closing the parks and resorts is to not allow large groups of people to get together and share their germs, why would Disney provide group entertainment?

We were at a Disney resort Saturday and Sunday nights. It just happened to be a planned trip on those dates, and since the parks didn't close until Monday, we stayed. It was a bizarre feeling while there. At WDW, it was almost like business as usual - crowds were fairly large, parks pretty busy, restaurants busy. When they announced that the theme parks were closing Monday, we met people already at WDW talking about extending their stay as a resort-only stay. Early on, Disney was talking about the resorts and Disney Springs being open longer.... It seemed pretty obvious to us that was not going to be long-term. It doesn't make sense, especially if you want to protect your guests and employees.

I think Disney eventually got it right, but it took them too long due to mixed messages. They should have made the same announcement at WDW they did at Disneyland - the parks are closing this date, the resorts are closing 2-3 days later, and then we'll be totally shut down until further notice. It would have made way more sense than the way they did it.

My area's quickly becoming a hotzone. Teaneck has an outbreak and now Bergen County is rapidly shutting down. The malls were all told to close this morning there and it's one of the biggest shopping districts in the nation.

NY NJ and Conn seem to be working together because the communities are very interconnected. We're all suburbs of NYC.

Florida is close behind. They'll be clamping down by the end of the week.

Just left Friday - Tuesday stay at BWV. Attendance seemed lower, especially for Spring Break, but the overall vibe was friendly and peaceful and we enjoyed our stay. Cast member explained that pool games were limited to only Trivia games to avoid contact games like hot potato, etc.

I’m at AKL now. We’re staying until Friday. Resort is fully operational. Pool games happening now, pool party at 3, campfire at 6, etc. Jambo pool is hopping but not packed. It’s a lovely day here.

We were at the parks Sat and Sun. Again, they were bustling but not insane. Nothing seemed off except I could tell there were emotional cast members gathering to say good bye to each other.

Went to Disney Springs yesterday. It was jam packed. Most places were open and a few were closed or closed sometime during the day.

Cast members and paperwork put under our door say all resorts and resort dining areas will be operational until 5pm Friday. Character meals may be different than usual, but there weren’t details on how.

We are really glad we came and made the best of it. We rented points so any refund was very unlikely. And if we’re going to spend lots of time at a resort, AKL is a pretty awesome place to be.

We checked out Friday at 11:00 am. Was a sad day. We received a gift bag as a thank you. The gift bag had two waters, two Disney cookies and an orange. I thought it was a very thoughtful gesture on Disney’s part. The night before we sat out on the Boardwalk eating a cinnamon roll from the BW Bakery. Several other people were sitting and just enjoying the view as well. The movie still ran at night and CM’s came out around 6 pm to have activities for children.
I received a call today from a friend who is a CM and indicated Disney is looking at April 16 as am opening date. But I am sure the actual date will be still be undecided. Too much up in the air right now.

My area's quickly becoming a hotzone. Teaneck has an outbreak and now Bergen County is rapidly shutting down. The malls were all told to close this morning there and it's one of the biggest shopping districts in the nation.

NY NJ and Conn seem to be working together because the communities are very interconnected. We're all suburbs of NYC.

Florida is close behind. They'll be clamping down by the end of the week.
We live in Florida and you're right. Each day cases keep going higher and higher. We are hearing "stay-at-home" is coming soon. Just another thread where it just amazes me how many people just didn't care and continued going to the parks etc. like nothing was going on:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter