Current Youth Activities CM -- Ask me anything!

Hello disboards, I am back home again on vacation and I thank everyone for all the wonderful gifts and trinkets and kind words on board the past few months, it was lovely meeting you all!

I am sad to report that I will not be returning to the company after my vacation for many reasons and many internal changes that resulted in the company losing many valuable CMs, but also for a much happier reason : I got engaged! princess:

For the two of us, life on board the Disney ships isn't quite the best for us now that we're a bit older, so we're closing that chapter of our lives now. Thanks again, hope I helped even a little, and happy sailing!

-J

What wonderful news! Congratulations to you both. Thank you so much for all the wonderful insights! As a PP said, your perspective now than you can talk a little more freely is appreciated!

Just from what you've observed: do guest service positions get less guest appreciation? Not necessarily in a negative way or on purpose. Just from scouring the internet the last 2 months, I've noticed a trend of most guests bonding to their waiters and to the youth activities councelers. I'm not sure if this may be due to more face time with certain areas or that the desk is busy often, etc. (any guests feel free to share your experience, as well)
I think the difference is you see the same servers every day, your kids see the same counsellors most days, whereas at Guest Services I see whoever is free. Sometimes I might see the same person a few times, sometimes I see a different person each time.

I did mention one Guest Services rep by name on my comment card last cruise, as she was extremely helpful with giving me information.

There isn't really a reference guide.

Muster - lifeboat drill
DH, DS, DD, DW - dear, darling, dumb, darn - Husband, Son, Daughter, Wife
FE - Fish Extender (if you check out the FAQ sticky above, there is a link to what a FE is - sort of a secret Santa gift exchange).

And CMs to me can be either CAST or CREW members. Equally important.

Ha! And here I thought it meant "Disney Husband", "Disney Wife", etc.

Hi, we are sailing on the magic June 7th. My daughter turns 3 on the July 9th. I have read on this thread that she may be allowed to go to the kids club if she meets certain criteria which she does. Where do I go to find out if they will allow her, can I speak to someone in the terminal or am I best to go to the club once onboard and discuss things with them ?

Hi, we are sailing on the magic June 7th. My daughter turns 3 on the July 9th. I have read on this thread that she may be allowed to go to the kids club if she meets certain criteria which she does. Where do I go to find out if they will allow her, can I speak to someone in the terminal or am I best to go to the club once onboard and discuss things with them ?

Hi - my DD turned three on board Magic last May. She also met the criteria. I was able to register her of clubs no problem. I didn't make a big deal like it could be turned down. Just said need to register my DD. they pulled up and said a since not 3 until tomorrow had to get a different band from the nursery. Day she turned 3 we exchanged for the other band no problem.

Hi - my DD turned three on board Magic last May. She also met the criteria. I was able to register her of clubs no problem. I didn't make a big deal like it could be turned down. Just said need to register my DD. they pulled up and said a since not 3 until tomorrow had to get a different band from the nursery. Day she turned 3 we exchanged for the other band no problem.

Thanks for the info. Did you register in the terminal or once you were onboard ?

My DD is 14, will she be able to go to the Edge and Vibe, or will she have to choose one and stick with it?

I have a question about the wrist bands. My ds lost his on CC. Can you request the band be removed each time they leave the clubs to avoid possibly losing the $50 band?

100AcreWood said:
I have a question about the wrist bands. My ds lost his on CC. Can you request the band be removed each time they leave the clubs to avoid possibly losing the $50 band?

The bands are different now, only $12.95 to replace.

in sept.and we are taking our 13 dd.this will be her first cruise and my wife and i 2nd.she is out going most of the time,what all do they do in those clubs?she will be the only teen with 4 adults hoping she will go and have fun.

I was told there was an XBOX in the older kids' club (EDGE?), but not in the Oceaner's Club/Lab. I understand there is a Wii in there. However, my 9 year old has NO desire to return the the Oceaner's Club/Lab. All he really wants is the availability of an XBOX. He would have NO interest in any other activities in the Edge. He feels he is too big for the Oceaner's Club/Lab and it seems babyish to him. This will be his 4th Disney cruise, and is a bit tired of it (unfortunately) unlike his 2 younger sisters who are really looking forward to it again.
So my question is, what is the best approach and who should I first approach to try to get him privliges in the Edge for only XBOX priviliges?
Thanks for your time!

I was told there was an XBOX in the older kids' club (EDGE?), but not in the Oceaner's Club/Lab. I understand there is a Wii in there. However, my 9 year old has NO desire to return the the Oceaner's Club/Lab. All he really wants is the availability of an XBOX. He would have NO interest in any other activities in the Edge. He feels he is too big for the Oceaner's Club/Lab and it seems babyish to him. This will be his 4th Disney cruise, and is a bit tired of it (unfortunately) unlike his 2 younger sisters who are really looking forward to it again. So my question is, what is the best approach and who should I first approach to try to get him privliges in the Edge for only XBOX priviliges? Thanks for your time!

Oh that's a tough one !!! I'm not sure at nine they will let him visit just for a video game. Post back if you find a solution !!
Good luck ;0)

How do you have your children carry the wave phones. And do they just dial the cabin number. We have 4 kids and Weill needing additional phone ? Any suggestions ? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter