Current wait times/crowds at Sea World?

MuseumMouse

Mouseketeer
Hi there! Anyone been to Sea World lately who can fill me in on what to expect in terms of wait times? We have never done Sea World* but are considering it when we're in Orlando later this month. What can we expect? I don't know if it's worth the money if we'll spend a ton of time waiting in lines but am also not necessarily willing to spend extra $$ for the Quick Queue. It's already expensive enough!
* technically I've been there, but it was in 1987 and I was 9 years old! So I figure that doesn't count!

We were there for the first time on 6/5 (Sat). Lines overall were long (average 50-60 minutes, sometimes more) and the rides go down whenever it storms. Due to several storms, we were only able to ride Kraken (20 min) and Atlantis (20 mins). We also saw several shows and there was plenty to see and do. We went back on 6/13 (Sun) and got quick queue. With that we were able to ride whatever we wanted without much wait.

Are you going on a weekday or weekend? That makes a big difference (more than Disney where the parks are crowded everyday).

I was last there on Thursday June 10th. I entered the park at 9:30 and rode Mako 3 times with no wait, Journey to Atlantis (5 minute wait) and Kraken (no wait) before leaving at 11:00. On the way out I saw Manta had a posted 45 minute wait but I think that was because everyone goes there first and would save it for later in the day.

Thanks, this is super helpful! Sounds like paying for Quick queue may be worth it. As for whether we go on a weekday or weekend, it seems everything we want to do is more crowded on weekends, so our weekdays are filling up! But I guess crowds are what we get going in peak summer season and now that Covid is more under control!

I just returned and crowds really varried a lot. We could do rides in the evenings easily. Lots of basically walk ons. Shows were easy in the evening as well. We spend the day doing the aquariums and things like that also if we got there at opening you could do things pretty easily. We stayed to close each time and did a lot.

I just returned and crowds really varried a lot. We could do rides in the evenings easily. Lots of basically walk ons. Shows were easy in the evening as well. We spend the day doing the aquariums and things like that also if we got there at opening you could do things pretty easily. We stayed to close each time and did a lot.
I’ve read several reviews on Trip Advisor complaining about cleanliness and restaurants being closed and/or hour-long waits for food. We are going in two weeks and have the all-day dining, and it’s making me a little nervous. What was your experience?

I’ve read several reviews on Trip Advisor complaining about cleanliness and restaurants being closed and/or hour-long waits for food. We are going in two weeks and have the all-day dining, and it’s making me a little nervous. What was your experience?
Well it really varried day to day. Some days the wait was fine moved really quickly. Expedition cafe line would look bad but would move at a good clip. Voyagers was so slow for us. Pretzel kitchen we were in and out. We did the all day done as well. We had no problem using it except at aquatica one day. We did try to go on off times. I have waited longer at Disney before

I will say trash was a huge issue when we were there. People were total slobs. They threw trash every where. I did see some overflowing trash cans and such, but the employees were trying they were short staffed.

Some of the food places close early. Some might not open at all. Not all snack stands are open. Our biggest problem we’re that the guests would hold up the food lines. I think that’s why some days it went super smooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter