Current Uber situation

kikismom

DIS Veteran
I'm about four week out from our next trip and am thinking about the Uber situation. Last time we were there we had no issues, Ubers were plentiful and cheap. I've heard that's not the case anymore.

Has anyone used them to go back and forth from hotels down Harbor lately? We'd be going at the least every morning and night. The cost isn't as important as the availability.

I'm about four week out from our next trip and am thinking about the Uber situation. Last time we were there we had no issues, Ubers were plentiful and cheap. I've heard that's not the case anymore.

Has anyone used them to go back and forth from hotels down Harbor lately? We'd be going at the least every morning and night. The cost isn't as important as the availability.

Ubers are available but I've noticed that a lot of drivers are passing on short trips like this. I was going to Garden Grove last week from the park and waited quite a while but had zero issues getting an Uber to go to the airport.

We went in early August so it may have changed but we had no trouble finding Ubers in the morning from our hotel or if we left before closing but the two times we tried to Uber after closing the wait times were long and we had a hard time getting one so each time we ended up hopping in a taxi that was there at the ride share drop off.

Last edited:
So from LAX to the GCH and back shouldn't be an issue for us? Or am I about to miss some park time my first day off the plane? LOL! We fly in from Texas and we arrive about 10 minutes after the gates open usually and hit the ground running! If it is going to be an issue, I may change my tickets to start on Tuesday so I don't end up with a half day to use my ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter