Current price of rain ponchos?

kangaroodle

DVC Member
Anyone know the current price of the ponchos in the parks?
Not that we're going to need them!:sunny::sunny::sunny: :sunny:
I have 2 from previous trips. My last yellow one was ripped by my dog when we did the ice bucket challenge together last summer!

Go to a dollar store before your trip. They are a dollar and very compact. We get them before each trip and recycle before we leave. They are part of the Disney list.

Thanks everyone! The Dollar Stores ones are very compact but also very thin. When we were there 2 years ago and needed ponchos for hours and hours on end :sad2:.....those did not hold up and would just stick to our skin in all the humidity.

I used a dollar store one for the stroller when I needed to park it in the rain and it was definitely too thin for me to wear and be of any use, but others I purchased elsewhere (non-Disney) were thick and re-usable.

$10 for adults, $9 for kids. Saw the sign today at Columbia harbour house I believe.

Thoughts on buying a week supply of ponchos from the dollar store for each person? Then toss them after wearing it?

Anyone know the current price of the ponchos in the parks?
Not that we're going to need them!:sunny::sunny::sunny: :sunny:
I have 2 from previous trips. My last yellow one was ripped by my dog when we did the ice bucket challenge together last summer!

Bring the one that is ripped to Disney and they will replace it for free. No receipt required. I have done this twice without any problem. That is what makes these worth $9 over the throwaway $1 ones.

Thoughts on buying a week supply of ponchos from the dollar store for each person? Then toss them after wearing it?
I had some from the dollar store bu I had more from Amazon (multi colors). We like the Amazon much better and they were only a few cents more expensive. I did pack enough for each of us to use a new one each time because once open I did not want to carry them (they came in a little clear pouch and are about the size of a wallet).

I would say buy 2-3 Dollar store ponchos for each member of your family. If you encounter rain that is soaking through them, then splurge on the Disney ponchos. This has been my summer approach, and we have not needed to buy Disney ponchos. I also find my kids often just choose to get soaked and skip the poncho!

Bring the one that is ripped to Disney and they will replace it for free. No receipt required. I have done this twice without any problem. That is what makes these worth $9 over the throwaway $1 ones.

We too have taken ripped ponchos back for new ones while we are at the parks. The one that was ripped when we put it on our dog, was thrown away. We didn't even have this trip on our radar at that time and who wants to keep a ripped poncho around for a year or more?

We do dollar tree and toss them after use. Of course we tend to go off season when it's not so hot.

Does it rain a lot December/January.

Does it rain in Dec/Jan? Yes (and also occasionally snows). It's not nearly as common as the almost daily afternoon showers Florida get's mid summer. Going that time of the year, I'd buy a couple of cheap dollar store ponchos to throw into you pocket primarily for the water rides and figure throwing them away after a ride or 2. If I was going mid summer I'd consider springing for a more durable poncho that's more comfortable.

We too have taken ripped ponchos back for new ones while we are at the parks. The one that was ripped when we put it on our dog, was thrown away. We didn't even have this trip on our radar at that time and who wants to keep a ripped poncho around for a year or more?

I keep them (ripped or good) in our Disney box....guess when you go often it doesn't seem like a big deal to save it for our return.....that box is on the shelf whether it's full or empty, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter