Current Movies

Ariel 2021

Mouseketeer
What are the current movies playing in the theater on board? Do they usually only play recent releases or older movies too? How long to new to theater movies usually stay on the ships?

Cruising from San Diego where the weather is iffy this time of year so more interested in the theater movies than Funnel Vision.

Thank you!

Last week they had Wakanda Forever, Strange World, Disenchanted for sure. Maybe a couple of others too.

Edit: this was on the Wonder

The Walt Disney Theater will only show the latest/current Disney, Pixar, Marvel, or Star Wars film, and only one night of the cruise (or maybe not at all on shorter cruises).

The Buena Vista Theater (or whatever the small cinemas on the Wish are called) will show several of the most recent films throughout the cruise.

Older movies are usually only played on the funnel vision by the pool deck.

These were the movies reported on the Fantasy for the week of Nov 26.

My son who is a huge movie buff says that it is very likely that these will be the moves + Avatar for our Xmas cruise next week.

There is a 1-800 you can call and they can get you close to what is being played. I just don't know it.

Note on smaller voyages there won't be as much variety.

Mileage may vary as they say....

Thank you! Our first cruise (height of COVID) there were only 2 movies on repeat for a 5 day cruise so I was hoping for more variety.

Thank you! Our first cruise (height of COVID) there were only 2 movies on repeat for a 5 day cruise so I was hoping for more variety.
Probably so they could have multiple showings, reducing the probability of a lot of people at any particular showing.

The Wish had the movies listed by Mitura above with the exception of Hocus Pocus 2 and the addition of Avatar: The Way of Water which they premiered at 10:30 pm on Dec 15th.

Obviously no one can guarantee what will be happening almost a month from now, but we're cruising on the Dream on January 26th. We had tickets to see Avatar: The Way of Water in 3D this week, but I just tested positive for COVID. Obviously we cannot go now. It would be great to see it on the ship when we travel and are all well. Any thoughts on the likelihood of this being shown on our 4 day Dream cruise and whether it is likely to be in 3D? Again, I know no guarantees, I'm just wondering if people have an educated guess of the likelihood, specifically if it's very UNLIKELY to be still showing. I don't know how often they change the showings, how long they tend to show newer movies, if the shorter length of our cruise might affect what kinds of movies they would be showing, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter