Current Member Incentive @ SSR

tamu91

Howdy!
Has anyone taken advantage of the current 120 minimum points offer at SSR?

100 one time complimentary points, $5/$8 discount per point and no dues for the first year points ALL sounds like a very decent deal, relatively speaking of course :rotfl:

If you put a $10/pt value on all the incentives Disney is offering, I get the $/point down just below $70/pt mark.

This sounds like a deal but I wonder if Disney is really pushing SSR because they want SSR basically sold out before they announce the next "BIG" project. And what if I want to buy there too :earboy2: Wherever 'there' might be and no more money in the bank :teeth:

Many folks have taken advantage of this offer. But I wouldn't necessarily draw any conclusions relative to future properties.

1. They just recently broke ground on the last phase of construction at SSR, which is 6 additional buildings (1/3 of the resort), not set to open until 2007. They will be selling SSR for quite a few years to come.

2. This particular promotion is only for CURRENT members, which I'm sure represents only a fraction of total sales. If they were really concerned about boosting sales, they would have sweetened the offer for all members.

New members only get the $8 per point discount plus no maintenance for '04. Since they're selling September and December Use Years, the prorated "free" maintenance only has a value of $1.50 or less per point. So, this portion of the offer is comparable in value to the $10 discount that's been in place for years.

IMHO, the primary motivation for the additional 100 free points to current members is to get folks to consider an SSR purchase who might otherwise be on a waiting list for more points at BWV, BVC or VWL. A lower price point ($87 vs. $89), no maintenace for '05, 12 more years of ownership and 100 free points is a pretty attractive offer. And DVC's profit margin on SSR points is certainly greater than on the sold-out resorts after ROFR.

I just spoke to my new guide, my old guide Veronica Devine retired :guilty: and he told me since my UY on my VWL contract is Dec, I can choose the 2004 allocation as well but I'd get a $5/pt discount instead of $8/pt. Well, boo hoo :teeth: This makes the deal even sweeter.

Here is the deal in summary as I understand it.

120 pt at SSR December UY @ $95/pt

120 pts from '04 that I can bank
100 pts one-time bonus that I also can bank
$5/pt discount instead of $8/pt for taking '04 points
no dues on '04 allocation

I can have 220 points back before May ends and get another 120 points on 12/1/05.

Disney is making it awful hard for me to pass up this deal :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter